Showtime Picks Up Jamie Foxx sitcom "White Famous"; Jay Pharoah & Megalyn E. to star

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by ColiBreh1, Jan 9, 2017.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

https://twitter.com/shadowandact/status/818596924647473152
    [​IMG]
    http://shadowandact.com/2017/01/09/...ies-jay-pharoah-and-megalyn-echikunwoke-star/

2. ColiBreh1

Trailer dropped yesterday:

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

LMAO! I really hope the show is as good as the trailer. That was funny as hell!

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I really wanna see this

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  6. ColiBreh1

7. ColiBreh1

Showtime just put up the series premiere on YouTube a couple days ago:

8. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I'll be honest. If there aren't any white or non-black love interests on this show I have no interest in watching. We got Asian guys making shows like "Master of None" in which the Asian male lead is romancing white chicks in Paris. Meanwhile shows run by black men pretty much have black guys dating black women exclusively. No thanks. Sick of seeing black male characters stuck in a box.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  9. ColiBreh1

What about if the chick is biracial? I haven't watched episode yet, but the actress the plays the main love interest is biracial.

10. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I consider biracial black folks to be black. And black men have been paired with that type on screen for an eternity.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  11. With all mainstream media critics trying to tear this show down, us brothas REALLY need to support this show. It’s clear there will be ir action even if it’s just flirting(we see this in one of the clips for the second or third episode) & honestly, I loved Tom Kapinos and his old work “Californication” and I’m really interested in seeing him take on a show with a black male character with the same care as he did with characters like Hank Moody.

Sadly, with this new age of sjw’s and petty conservatives they hate everything about this show. On one hand sjw critics hate it because “too much nudity”, “misogyny”, “not enough female characters”, etc and conservatives hate it because it’s a black main character (lol), show literally has “white” in the title to trigger a reaction, and they don’t like ir in general, so it seems like both crowds are trying to bash this show for different petty reasons.

Speaking specificically about sjw critics: opinions and critiques are fine but my problem with how they’re going about this is that they’re trying to make an example out of this show, one critic literally said something along the lines of “mysoginistic shows like Californication slipped past our fingers a few yrs ago but NOT ANYMORE!” Lol like dude, you and your group of likeminded critics watched all these tv dramas with nudity, mysoginy, etc go on for YEARS with white male main characters and now suddenly it’s a problem when the brothas get one? Come on. Like I get it’s not about the mc of White Famous being black but fuck off and stop trying to “set a standard” that you guys didn’t feel was necessary until very recently, why is it every mature drama with a black leading man has to be squeaky clean and the most pc show ever?

Lastly, I’ve lurked on this site for months watching you guys complain about needing more black men in power for these tv dramas (not salty black women) and that’s why I feel we should support this show because it has Jamie Foxxx (a black man) pushing a lot of the storylines on what the emotional turmoil to being black and a rising star is like in Hollywood, we’re finally starting to get what we asked for imo and it honestly does seem like a funny, emotional, and overall great show and I’d hate to see it taken away because of petty critics and racists. Let me know what you guys think, I might start posting around here more too.

Attached Files:

12. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Jay Pharoah does have some intimate scenes with white women, I seen on the TV commercial he is kissing some white women. Can't find them on the internet. This show is from the creators of Californication, so fuck whoever judges this show when you have shows like The Duece, Shameless, Ray Donovan(which featured an orgy with an old white man and black women.) they are CLEARLY being racist whenever black men are having these sex scenes with white and non white women on TV.

13. This is really how I’m starting to feel tbh, critics I don’t think are necessarily being racist because it goes against the very idea of being an “sjw” but it sure is annoying. I’ll tell it straight, why can’t we have ONE show where the black man is getting all the pussy, well written, no white male love interests involved, etc? This is the show we need right now imo.

14. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Hope it is as good as House Of Lies.

15. Soulthinker

I heard about it on NPR last Friday. I wonder if homeboy will get a WW?

16. Soulthinker

You hit that on the head. This is the 21st Century and there are a very few shows on cable or streaming where brothers dating WW or women of different races.

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I like it a lot

18. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Damn, because of reading this thread, I'm going to peep it.

19. ColiBreh1

I'm currently watching last week's episode (S01E07). Jay Pharoah's Bernie Mac impression is spot on!!!

20. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Watched the pilot episode, had 0 interest to watch anymore.