Social Media hails Baltimore Mom who caught her Son Rioting

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bliss, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I hear you. I had a similar upbringing as well. However I've also seen a few friends who had the exact same upbringing at one time or another temporarily get caught up in things they shouldn't have and knew perfectly well they shouldn't have because fitting in with certain other people was a little bit more pressing than fear of theirs parents or just to rebel for the sake of rebelling. Not saying that's something that should ever be excused if/when it does happen, just that it does happen.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

:smt023:smt023:smt023:smt023

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Amen. Did you see Ray Lewis's vid message?
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7161584

Why would any mom do that if things were in a calm environment. Circumstsnces count, yeah?

4. K

K Well-Known Member

I just saw a Dr. Drew clip about this and they were talking about how it's clear this isn't the first time this mom has hit her son upside the head. Also how detrimental this "type of parenting" can be (especially to young black males).

She is a single mom to 6 kids. There was all sorts of analysis going on and conversation about how it's all about (black) children (specifically boys) are growing up with without a male role model in the home.

I'm trying to find the video on it now. It just aired so it may be a bit too early.

5. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I watched a friend get his beat for stealing. His mom did it on spot.

6. The Dark King

Because it's not about them and you I think you know that. People are no doubt upset about that man being killed but even more so fed frustrated and scared by never being heard and treated like garbage. Freddie isn't the root cause of this just another symptom.

7. The Dark King

Wow Loki called it

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Well that didn't take long now did it

The convo shifted right from police brutality to bad parenting within the black community

God bless america

9. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

I live in the hood...I see lots of BW raising kids on their own...one of my neighbors son is in jail and it would not be an exaggeration to say she sleeps better at night knowing he isn't out running the streets

Now you take into consideration all the young black males that have been shot by police recently and you see your son on TV with a hoodie and mask rioting...are you going to go drag his ass out of harms way or just get another beer and watch until he is dead or arrested

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Well the mama said she didn't want her son to end up like Freddie so.........

11. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

The only thing I'm saying is: people are justifying this lady hitting her son because of the situation. Let her hit him in public any other day and its child abuse. It's a great example of how this country has "double standards".

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Smacking your son over the head because he spilled a glass of water is abuse

Smacking your son because you don't want him to end up dead during complete anarchy isn't

13. The Dark King

Also an example of how this country wants to see black men/male children treated. The conversation would be totally different if it were his father or it was a white kid with his white mom.

14. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

:smt043:smt043:smt043:smt043

Like I said...been there done that... To this day if my son is parked in an area that I consider gang territory here in Denver I will be all over his ass until he leaves and he is 20...still lives at home..my house my rules...

You are delusional living up in your gated community...

15. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

If the kid was younger yes...

16. The Dark King

Like I said the spin would be very different. Have you not caught onto the two Americas scheme yet

17. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

This country is so fucked up.
    So the age of a "kid" is the determining factor of if its abuse?

18. K

K Well-Known Member

19. goodlove

goodlove New Member

sorry stiz but have to disagree.i wouldve spanked that butt.

there are multiple probs in the hood and one is how to discipline a kid.

i cant recall a time i had to spank my child/daughter . i raised my voice and put her on punishment but thats it.

in this situation......have mercy on her soul if her butt was out there not as a news reporter

people need to know there are ways to keep a kid in check w/o spanking

20. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

What are you disagreeing with? I don't spare the rod. My only point was the double standards in this country. Personally, I could care less what she did.