Some BM Still Intimidated by WW

Discussion in 'The Attraction Between White Women and Black Men' started by Blacktiger2005, Jan 2, 2015.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Amen my dude amen

2. blackbrah

blackbrah Well-Known Member

Oh yes.

3. K

K Well-Known Member

UGH....I've been hearing this a lot. What could we do to make things a bit clearer?

4. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Be more upfront ;)

5. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. K

K Well-Known Member

Specifics??

7. The Dark King

I would say be more clear than upfront be mindful of the signals you send. Be nice but mind how you engage because its easy for things to get confusing.

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Twerk

9. Since1980

Yep, this. Think about the kinds of things that men say to you when they're interested and try too reciprocate. Not the more vulgar stuff about sex (cause we all know that happens lol) but just be clear that you think he's attractive and that you'd like to get to know him better. If you start off with a compliment it works well because most women aren't that straightforward. It definitely stands out to a man if you find him attractive.

10. K

K Well-Known Member

I've been trying to slow down a bit and remember to smile and keep eye contact (rather than smiling and looking away) and to say hi and something complimentary.

I realized that I'm often sortof in the "mom mode" when I'm out just trying to get things done and missing opportunities. I've been really clueless. I was thinking about all this and realized that most of the times when I have met someone out and about they have come up to me and I may not have even seen them. They say Hi...How are you? some version of that and I answer and ask something back and that seemed to make the difference.

11. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

That has never happened to me nor has it happened to my girlfriends. And lest anyone think it's because we're all ugly, they aren't. One is blonde, with blue eyes, very fit and very feminine, the other is a very attractive thick black woman. I don't know if it's where we live or what, but I suspect that's a big part of it.

I pay attention to my surroundings and I see very few men that I'm attracted to and I'm not looking for Idris Elba. My county is only about 5% black, making it even harder to meet a single man my age that I'm interested in.

Sidenote: My girlfriends have both been single longer than I have but have been in relationships.

12. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

If you're being yourself and that includes being respectful and such... You're doing the right thing. I'm sorry to hear of your financial situation, and I hope it improves sooner than later. Unfortunately, this can be a dealbreaker for many women. I'd agree that money isn't everything, but it's understandable that women (and men) look to meet potential mates who are stable. Many can tell the story of being burned by unstable people and so on.

13. The Dark King

Stop it money doesn't matter

14. K

K Well-Known Member

It's probably location. I actually get approached more often when I am not paying attention and may even look a bit of a mess. Maybe more approachable then...I don't know.

But you know what.....I have all sorts of people talking to me. It's like I have a sign that tells people to tell me their life story when I'm out. My kids joke about it all the time. No matter where I go, people start talking to me, telling me all sorts of things.

15. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

lippy being straight forward: sincey you are such a hottie:smt007

16. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Hold up signs that say I am interested.
    like so....

[​IMG]

17. Since1980

See ladies? That is how you do it. I'm going to go float on Cloud 9 for a few hours :smt054

18. Since1980

Lol yeah but why can't she ask him out?

19. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

You make me laugh!!! I know what I could say that would send you back to Cloud 9 after you float back down... ;)

20. Since1980

I wonder if BFE is paying attention to this? Life is so much easier if you decide that you don't hate women!:smt045