Some in the black community speaking out against Blm

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Paniro187, Aug 25, 2016.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Black men are often seen as disposable within our community. We can kick the father out of the home in favor of government assistance, then blame that same man for not being around. A black boy can be raised to shoot another black boy, and in spite of the fact that they were both raised by single black mothers, we still blame the black man for not being married to the mother. If a woman is pregnant, a black man has no say in whether she aborts or keeps the child, but, is ultimately responsible for providing no matter what. In regards to contraception, men only have 1 form, the condom, where women have 13 or 14 different options. But, if she does get pregnant, it is somehow all your fault.

Essentially, at least in the black community, black men carry the burden of all blame, and aren't considered relevant unless you meet the black-female-entitlement-reqirements for success (6 figures minimum, able to provide for the family and all that she wants, over 6 foot 1, etc.). The reality is, these young, unarmed black men that were shot down, and the blm groups are upset about... They would be considered "ain't shit" or "disposable" due to their net worth, career or lack thereof, background, height and so on if they were still alive.

So, the blm movement can pretty much miss me with that shit, because the only thing that made them relevant or worthwhile was the fact that a white person killed them. And that speaks volumes on how black males are treated and the issues within our community.

If Black Lives Matter... Then black lives should matter before it comes to getting shot down by whites, or getting shot down by each other. If Black lives matter, they should put a large focus on teaching our youth to make better/more intelligent choices before they bring this community down further. If black lives matter then focus on the aids epidemic within our community by providing proper sex education and instilling values within our community. But... that would put some blame our way... and I know brothas are comfortable taking some of that blame... can't say much about the rest.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  2. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

must spread rep

3. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

BLM is a movement against police brutality and the DISPROPORTIONATE 'justifiable homicides' of Blacks by law enforcement.

That's their cause. No more. No less.
    They want to reform law enforcement, their tactics and change our criminal justice system.

If people can't understand that, they just aren't paying attention on purpose.

It would be like if elementary school teachers every once in a while beat to death a 7 year old Black child.

Would you still be arguing, well there is so much indiscriminate murder in the Black community, why should we care if a teacher kills a Black child??

If you don't have a problem with police brutality and the overwhelming number of young Black men in prison for drug related non-violent crimes, say that.

Stop bitching about the name of BLM.

Some of your ilk have a problem any time a Black person stands up in this world and says, I'M IMPORTANT TOO, despite how racist this country is and has been historically.

Repping Dylan Roof is just beyond disgusting.
    Terrible reference in any argument, but then again I'm not surprised you bothered to read his manifesto to 'understand' where he was coming from.

Since I'm positive you believe he must have had a good reason for shooting up a church filled with Black people at Bible study.:vom:

4. meowkittenmeow

Untrue... That is not their only cause...

https://policy.m4bl.org/ This is a list of their 6 demands that have a lot more than just police brutality, yet somehow fails to take accountability for the problems within the black community caused by the people within the community.

"Some of your ilk have a problem any time a Black person stands up in this world and says, I'M IMPORTANT TOO, despite how racist this country is and has been historically."

Which was my point, the only time they are up in arms is after a brother gets killed by a white person, yet we are not considered relevant as black men within our own community until that happens. I am guessing that this reply was in regards to Paniro. I just wanted to clarify about the 6 demands.

And I agree, I think the dylan roof comment was bad form.

5. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

So if a racist piece of shit tells you the sky is blue or its raining outside is it untrue because of him being s racist piece of shit? The source? Yeah he's a piece of shit, it sucks though that on that he had a point.

6. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

No offense but I am getting tired of this whole black people dont care when we kill each other narrative that keeps getting spouted. It is a complete and total lie. Its more of a the national media doesn't care that black people are speaking out and trying to do things that will curb the violence in their neighborhoods. Why? because it just isn't the sexy attention catching story. People in these communities have been speaking out against it for years, they have tried to get laws passed, they have turned to former gang members to try an broker peace.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2012/04/why-dont-black-people-protest-black-on-black-violence/255329/

Chicagoans Actually DO Protest Violence In Their Communities All The Time.

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20151201/downtown/chicagoans-actually-do-protest-violence-their-communities-all-time
    https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20160707/englewood/black-on-black-crime-narrative-is-racist-ignorant-chicago-activists-say

The Undefeated is even hosting a town hall meeting tonight on ESPN to address the issues going on in Chicago.

7. Paniro187

Paniro187 Restricted

I acknowledged some action against it. Not NEARLY the level as when a white person or a cop pulls the trigger.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

How do you propose this group address gang violence? Protest? Hold up signs outside of Chicago's roughest neighborhoods?

You are a problem solver so what's your solution?

9. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Where's white lives matter?

10. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

So was he right in shooting those people at the church?

Is he a terrorist?

11. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

He is a disgusting human being. He's no better than flame.

Y'all do notice even bliss is not cosigning his bs?

Y'all know he's a wm right?

Y'all notice he's trolling?

12. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

He trolls very hard for someone who could be using his time to fix the problems he continues to complain about.

13. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

He's a very sick person. Anyone who defends white supremacist and cosign the killing of people in the church simply cause their black is sick.

Anyway on to more intellectual discussion

14. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

You won...

15. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Keep my name out of that sour ball washer you call a mouth bitch.

If you have something to say to or about me...say it to me..not somebody else,you passive-aggressive coward.

16. meowkittenmeow

There are only so many problems a person can solve, and it becomes exponentially more difficult when people are unwilling to change. It starts with the black family structure and the values we instill, from there the career paths that we take, and the positions we hold in order to change policy. That can't generally happen when the problems that I elaborated on earlier still exist (the ones within the black community). We also take on a rather large amount of white liberal ideas that negatively affect us. All, in all, some problems I am incapable of solving, because the vast majority of our community will not change and will continue this endless circle where the sons and daughters continue the same destructive path (IE. you cannot fix people who think there is nothing wrong with them, or people who are comfortable in their pain and anguish).

All I can do (which I already do), is help those and mentor those within my vicinity. I can't fix the black community because I am one man who was raised with values and self respect which is not a popular thing to the majority of youths and the lower class. I can't help but wonder. If James Baldwin existed today, maybe he would be laughed at for his manner of speaking, and the way he approached things... or maybe no one would listen at all.

There is a part of me that wonders... if BLM did attempt to better the community by instilling values, pushing for better sexual education, pushing for a better black family unity... I wonder if people would stop listening because it doesn't push the blame on everyone else...

You can't save what doesn't want to be saved. In addition, their demands to hold white people accountable for their injustices, while commendable, will ultimately go virtually nowhere. Why? Because white people, on average have no interest in being held accountable. They just want to watch the annual slave movie of the year, tap into a little white guilt, pat themselves on the back and go back to their everyday lives.

I had high hopes for BLM in the beginning. But, I came back to reality.

I would also like to add, that I find it amusing that you remember an old post where I said I was a problem solver. I am glad you remember that. Some problems can't be solved. I still can't solve the problem of getting justice from the woman who raped me. Nor can I solve the problem of why the black women friends I have had in the past get angry with me when I say I find it difficult to get close to "sistas" after what happened to me. Hell, I can't even talk about it at a group therapy session without feminists in that session either yelling at me, laughing at me, or derailing it. I know my limits, Beasty. And, as it stands, currently, there are many problems that I am not in a position to change as one man. Maybe one day, but that day is not today.

Either way, that is my two cents. I return the question to you. What will you do to solve it?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The issue people keep bitching about is the gang violence in Chicago. You can't instill values in Gang members. So if you say " you can't save people that don't want to be saved" then why are you criticizing blm for something that YOU don't have an answer for? Why should they be expected to solve a problem that you yourself can't solve? You haven't even given the slightest imput on how to solve the gang violence problem, so why are you holding them up to an expectation higher than the one you are holding yourself up to? That doesn't make any sense to me. Why criticize anyone for not doing something you can't do yourself? Especially when you are an actual problem solver??? :shock:

I don't have an answer for the gang violence problem in Chicago. I don't have any advice to give the blm movement for fixing that problem. That's why I don't criticize them for not doing anything about it.

The issue here is not white people. The issue is the POLICE not being held accountable. I know they have other demands listed as per your post but the main issue is the POLICE. Who cares if the police do not want to be held accountable. Also who cares if bigots don't want to be held accountable. A lot of people don't want to be held accountable because life would be easier on an individual level if there was no accountability, but we can't function like that as a society. People who fuck up should be held accountable. Nothing less should be accepted. These are not children we are talking about, these motherfuckers are grown men. Its about time that they be held accountable like one. If they kill someone outside of self defense, they belong in jail. Who cares if they don't want to go. This isn't kindergarten. We are not talking about someone refusing to go to time out. To let people get away with murder because they don't want to be held accountable is ridiculous.

I know you are only one man but you could contribute advice toward solving the issue, if you actually had a solution, but you don't.

18. meowkittenmeow

You're problem is assuming there is a one size fits all solution. There isn't as black people don't agree on everything. I find it ridiculous that you attempt to scold me for not having a solution when you haven't come up with one.

The reality is that you are more than willing to call out any issue you have a problem with, but scold those for doing the same, but don't hold the same opinion as you. You offer no single one size fits all solution yet you expect me to. You bring up issues and say what should happen and what should be addressed, but offer no solution, because you realize what I realize. However, if someone doesn't conform to your views you attempt to call them out. When you are literally guilty of the same.

And I am very sorry that in spite of being shown that BLM is more than just police brutality, and yet you only focus on that in an attempt to win an argument. You offer no solution for the issues I have addresses, the multiple issues they have addressed in their 6 demands, yet expect that out of me.

You're attempt to argue and call me out fails in your own inability to find a solution to the 6 demands of the movement you support and the countless issues I mentioned. Yet you expect me to come up with a solution for over 40 or 40 million black folks suffering? Lol

If you can't criticize blm for not having a solution when you don't, then don't critize me when I don't have a one size fits all solution. I offered some possible solutions that would take a huge change withon the black community and the black family. It's not perfect, but it is something and more than anything you've mentioned. I tried, you didn't. So if you can't criticize blm, then don't criticize me. Because I work within my community and do what I can as one man and have done since I was a teenager, because that is the values my black family instilled in me.

But, go head girl go head get down.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

"In addition, their demands to hold white people accountable for their injustices, while commendable, will ultimately go virtually nowhere." ~MKM

So you admit that what they are trying to do is commendable yet you criticize them for not trying to do something else for which you have ZERO advice to give. What do I have to do with that when you are the one criticizing????

Would you criticize Nikola Tesla's work? How about Einstein? I wouldn't because I can't do better. Same logic here. YOU are the one being critical of BLM yet you don't have any better ideas. Don't project your shit on me.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

All of those 6 issues are within a scope in which protesting and boycotting could affect change.

Gang members are not.

So where is your advise/solution??