Spike Lee's New Movie In August: BlacKKKlansman

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by jaylon, Jul 28, 2018.

1. jaylon

jaylon Member

not an IR movie..though..

[​IMG]

2. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Can't wait to see this one.

3. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Spike Lee AND Jordan Peele?.. Should be interesting...

4. Mrmike757

Mrmike757 Well-Known Member

Spike Lee is one of the few directors like Quentin Tarantino who has his own lane. The up close personal rant speeches. Didn't like Chi-Raq movie but can't wait to check this out with young Denzel who sounds exactly like his pops lol.

5. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

A lot of peeps didn't like Chi-Raq. I wonder why? You'd think peeps who go on and on about wordplay and rhymes would love a movie where they rhyme all the way through, lol. Kidding aside I thought it was a decent one-time watch. If only hood/woke chicks looked as good in real life as in Spike's version of reality

[​IMG]

6. Mrmike757

First I felt the title "Chi-Raq" wasn't fitting. It did borrow from the movement of the drill scene at the time, but the movie was a more of She's gotta have it. The rhyming part didn't bother me it was the plot. There were times where it lost me like the whole sex showdown thing. I get the whole abstaining to getting rid of violence but it kinda threw me off. But hey you never know what you gonna get with Spike lol. Still one of the greats who brought us legendary actors such as Denzel, Sam Jackson and Wesley Snipes.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

8. LA

LA Well-Known Member

I saw this movie twice. Great film.

9. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Do you agree with Boots, or nay?

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I heard he does a 5 minute epilogue tribute to the Heather girl killed in Charlottesville and has President Trump dressed as a klansman.

12. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

I just saw the movie this past week and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I also read Boots Riley's scathing indictments on how the film was written and how Spike Lee perhaps embellished parts of it for entertainment purposes.

I believe that Riley has a right to voice his opinions criticizing it just as Lee has the right to create the film as he sees fit as the director based on his vision. Fair exchange is no robbery.

The last two movies I went to see were "Sorry to Bother You" & "BlackkKlansman" and I'm definitely copping them both when they come out on Blu-Ray.

13. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

14. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Saw this movie over the weekend, compelling and a great acting job by Washington. Yes many liberties were taken from the true story, but all in all a very entertaining and thought provoking movie, many parallels were drawn between the actions of the klan of the 70's and today, sorry to say many still applied. Some good subtle humor, some Trump related, thrown in as well.

15. Mrmike757

Saw the movie last week. Dope film, hope John David Washington keeps doing his thing! Trippy how he sounds like his pops imo.

16. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I intend to support this and "Sorry To Bother You" but didn't like how Boots went in on this film. Negroes can never stick together. Spike stayed above the fray, at age 61 he finally gets it. Kudos to him