Star Wars

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Exactly by putting his character in the safe zone from the hardcore fanboys. :smt005

2. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. I guess it's easy for me to over-identify with the black guy character when there's just one in the franchise. I'd much prefer he be more aspirational. But nobody asked me.

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

The Star Wars movies usually take people on a transformative arc, so it's highly possible that he develops into a really heroic character by the end of the tale.

4. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

True dat. I had the same thought, so I remain hopeful.

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Looks good

[YOUTUBE]sC9abcLLQpI[/YOUTUBE]

6. orejon4

I'm psyched. I think he'll be either a great warrior or instrumental to the fight against the resurgent Empire.

You ain't lyin'.

7. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

From the trailer it looks like this is shaping up to be pretty damn good. It seems that this movie is for the grown up fans and wont be one to take the kids to. I am enjoying the dark tone that it appears to have and the grittiness and quite honestly I love seeing just how brutal the empire actually was. I mean in the movies you always got the sense that they were bad and they were the power in the galaxy but you also got the sense that they were totally incompetent. You kinda never got the sense that the empire instilled any kind of fear in anyone.

Love the poster as well.
    [​IMG]

8. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

Yeah when Vader comes out of that smoke I jumped a bit, they're making him scary again. Also when the trailer has incredible cinematography you know the movie at the very least is going to have some killer visuals

9. orejon4

Among the coolest lines ever uttered in film.

I fear nothing, all is as the Force wills it.

10. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

I'm pumped!

11. glt1980

Rogue One's US debut was over the weekend and it international debut tomorrow and at the stroke of midnight tonight all the embargoes on reviews will end. Even with that early viewer reactions have been coming and and from what they have been saying this is shaping up to be quite a movie.

For all the Vader fans there have been lots of rumors floating around about what his presence in the film will be while nobody has gone into detail about it

Mild Spoiler:
    Vader is said to be downright scary from the people who have seen the film and delivers "a moment of pure horror"

All the reactions are saying in no uncertain terms this is not a movie the kids with some saying it is darker than empire, very gritty, and emotional.

People were worried because of the re-shoots but if the rumors are true those res-hoots were actually to tone the darkness of the movie down.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  12. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

I hate how excited am I, right now!

13. glt1980

^You and me both I could not get a ticket to opening night, I have to wait until Saturday 7:30 to see it. Trying not to get too much detail but the closer we get it is hard not to.

14. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Looks good.

... For another Disney Princess movie. ...lol

15. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

I was gonna miss this one and wait for it to pop up online for free but I think I'll fork over some spending change and see it opening night. Looks pretty promising.

16. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I love Star Wars but,now Disney has overhyped the franchaise.

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

spoiler free impression

I liked it, but I didn't love it. I will say that it's hands down the most visually impressive Star Wars movie.

18. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

Saw it, was a good movie definitely worth going out to see

19. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

I agree with both of you. I thought it was well done and strangely serious for a SW film

20. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

My daughter and I saw it and it was great. She is into star wars. If I'm not mistakened she saw the whole series.

She cried at the end and her hands were over her mouth in awe because if the very last scene.....it showed a person and she freaked out.