Star Wars

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Dec 13, 2015.

1. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

You are so on point with that. The death star was the sheezit

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

It really showed its destructive capabilities well , thus making it, as Darth Vader called it ,a "Technological terror."

3. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

When they ran that test...I was Shazam.

The ending was awesome

The battle scenes could've been better though

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The battle scenes looked different. But it was a case where the members of Rogue One were in a now or never situation of do or die. They knew that they were going to die. Donnie Yen's character was one of the bridging pieces of that action; a man of faith. When he says, "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me."
    His character's spirit was unshakable and he had mad fighting skills.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  5. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Yeah. I was not overly impressed with it. Maybe I was expecting better action but I was satisfied with it.

I did like how Vader handled his business in that fight scene

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

When Vader did his thing with his thumb and index finger without even looking at the guy, I knew that he was the baddest motherfucker in the Galactic Empire. And taking on those rebels in the sealed corridor in the dark with his light saber and then mopping up the floor with them was excellent. Darth Vader's finest moments.

7. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Yeah it was hot. The movie really took it back to the first started wars....that was great

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

If you noticed in Star Wars: A New Hope , the scene with the squadron taking on The Death Star, you hear Luke Skywalker and fellow pilots calling themselves Rogue Two and not Rogue One. Before the battle scene Rogue One was mentioned as the people who lost their lives sending the data to the Rebellion. And then though he wasn't mentioned, Obi Wan Kenobi was suggested to be the next key player as well as Princess Leia Organa.

9. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Ahh man. I didn't catch that. I'll have to watch it again

10. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Best star wars movie hands down.

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Agreed. It was directed by Gareth Edwards, the man who directed Godzilla. Rogue One just flowed perfectly into the Star Wars saga.

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

13. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

There are reports that Lucasfilm is in talks with Carrie Fisher's estate to use her likeness in some capacity (possibly a CGI version) in Episode 9 and beyond.
    The version of Princess Leia we got in Rogue One was one thing [​IMG]
    But I'm not sure I like the idea of deceased actors/actresses being used in movies like that.

Does anyone else have an opinion on the possibility of Carrie Fisher posthumously reprising her role as Princess Leia?

[​IMG]

http://screencrush.com/cgi-leia-star-wars-episode-9-rumor/

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

They are going to have to deal with the character of Princess Leia in one of two manners for Episode 9 and beyond. Kill the character off at the start of Episode 9 or recast with someone with a strong resemble to Carrie Fisher. They clearly don't want to/didn't have plans to kill the character off and obviously they don't want to possibly disrespect the character or Fisher since she for many Star Wars fans IS Leia by recasting. Which is why they are talking about possibly going the CGI route with future appearances of the character. No matter which direction they end up going, there will be angry fans for various reasons.

15. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

16. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Official Statement from Lucasfilms Regarding Carrie Fisher & Using CGI Likeness in Future Star Wars Films.

We don’t normally respond to fan or press speculation, but there is a rumor circulating that we would like to address. We want to assure our fans that Lucasfilm has no plans to digitally recreate Carrie Fisher’s performance as Princess or General Leia Organa.

Carrie Fisher was, is, and always will be a part of the Lucasfilm family. She was our princess, our general, and more importantly, our friend. We are still hurting from her loss. We cherish her memory and legacy as Princess Leia, and will always strive to honor everything she gave to Star Wars.

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Good to hear.

19. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings about that. I recall the film Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow. Lord Laurence Olivier was dead for some time and he was resurrected for the portrayal of Totenkopf. The production crew achieved this task by using many photographs, video and audio recordings of his voice. Technology did the rest. In the past a lot of actors who have died during the production of a film were covered creatively by using stand-ins. James Dean died during the making of Giant. During the scene where Dean's character is drunk and alone in the dark auditorium, he gives a brief monologue as he stumbles in the dark. The monologue was a recording done by actor Nick Adams. It was quite convincing. Princess Leia is as much a major role in Star Wars as Darth Vader,Luke Skywalker and Han Solo. I believe it is time for another actress to play the role.

20. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

The Carrie Fisher aspect is just a technicality.
    Her character still plays a role in the Star Wars universe and it would be a shame to delete Princess Leia from the the forthcoming Star Wars movies simply because the primary actor died.

Apparently since Leia would be older in later films, it would be fairly easy to cast another actor in the Leia role.
    Similar to casting Natalie Portman as a young Leia in the first Star Wars films.

Carrie Fisher being deceased doesn't really bother me as far as Disney wanting to still use and control the rights of Carrie Fisher's image in subsequent films.
    However, like the James Bond franchise, now might be the time to transition to another actor.