Star Wars

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Dec 13, 2015.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I hope you're right, but you're forgetting Disney is probably the major Hollywood studio/corporation that pushes LGBT the hardest. So it should not be a surprise at all if they have it in "Star Wars".

2. ColiBreh1

Folks are saying this Asian chick (Actress Kelly Marie Tran playing Resistance mechanic Rose) is supposed to be Finn's love interest in the new movie:

[​IMG]

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

No, lol. I heard a lot about Finn and Rey mostly. Especially when I went to see it in theatres I can over hear people saying "they are so cute together." Not to mention the
    several twitter pages and yuotube videos dedicated to them. They did write it in the Force Awakens that Finn obviously liked her, and really good chemistry as to why A LOT of
    people are "shipping" them. So I don't get it. lol.

4. ColiBreh1

Finn & Poe was a big movement on the Net after TFA came out. Much bigger than anything I've seen for Finn & Rey.

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Now I could see them doing that, especially if Rey spends most of Last Jedi with Luke. Build up some possible chemistry between Finn and the new girl or do a nod to the Solo/Leia "I Don't Like You But I Do Like You" type relationship then make people wonder is he going to end up with Rey or her.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  6. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

A.) What is Mark Hamil wearing? The force is not with that outfit. That looks like Lord of the Rings cosplay.
    B.) Having watched the trailer yesterday, Rey seems to be in for some deep shit in VIII - not sure if her plot will involve a love interest.
    C.) The story, from the amount of actors cast in this movie, might not have a love angle at all because there seems to be more new characters than time.

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

8. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Coming this November.

9. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Looks like Rebels new season is shaping up to be really good, and that Battlefront II trailer looks awesome, I hope the game can fill in what the hell was going on between the end of Jedi and the Battle of Jaaku. From the trailer the story looks very interesting.

The teaser for the last jedi was alright gave away some stuff but I am guessing it is not too much of the story remember after the first teaser everyone thought that Fin was gonna be the Jedi speaking of Fin, not much of him in the teaser I do think that they are going to harden Finn up though in this film, I remember Boyega was in some pretty intense training for the movie and I doubt he would be going through all that just to play the same type of character. I think the whole near death experience will profoundly change Fin.

TFA was Disney playing it safe with the franchise, again they spent $5 Billion on it and you want to have some kinda equity built up before you go too risky. Rogue One showed them that they could take the franchise in a darker more gritty direction. We will most likely see more risk taking in TLJ and Ep. IX, along with Han Solo and Boba Fett.

Even in this teaser Luke speaking of the Jedi ending, many people seem to think that either that is not the the complete line or it is from the beginning of the film and Rey convinces him to change his mind and train her, but I for one think that it is more of a Luke has realized in his exile that the Jedi Order is done and over with and their teaching are just as flawed as the Sith's are and it is time for something new. Just like Palpatine was talking with Anakin in Ep III about mastering and understanding all aspects of the force both the light and the dark not just one side, that is why a Jedi can be seduced being fed one side of the equation makes the other side much more tempting.

10. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

An aside, but lately I've been pleasantly surprised how many TV 'cartoons' in terms of narrative and script are rising to the level of graphic novels.
    Star Wars Rebels is well worth the watch and worthy of the Star Wars canon.

11. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Well I am not sure if they are just friends talking about Daisy (Rey) and John (Finn) but if I was Daisy's BF I be mighty uncomfortable about that closeness.

Rebels looks like someone is going to die finally of the main cast.

And as for Battlefront II yeah after Battlefront no one should be suckered to pre order that. Trailer was dope though.

12. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

tumblr_inline_oom8ka6LJo1qcct44_500.png

Daisy and John at Celebration

13. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vanity Fair has released four new exclusive Last Jedi themed covers.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I really hope this means we get a reunion scene with Luke and Leia. It still irks me a bit that we didn't get to see Luke and Han together in The Force Awakens.

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

There's an interview that Mark Hamill did at one of the recent comic/sci-fi cons where he expresses that his biggest gripe about The Force Awakens is that there was not an official onscreen reunion between Luke, Leia and Han. He thought there should have been not only some sort of reunion scene prior to Han's death but that Luke and Leia should have been present when Kylo/Ben killed him. From his POV it would have been a more impactful moment had Luke and Leia been present to witness Han's death rather than two "strangers" in the form of Rey and Finn.

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

So apparently the stand-alone Han Solo movie lost it's directors today. The cliche "creative differences" has reared it's ugly head.

Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy said
    Which is a polite way of saying "I didn't like what they were doing so I fired them"

According to Deadline legendary director, Ron Howard is the front-runner to take over the film.

I'm a little concerned about the state of Lucasfilm. The Force Awakens and Rogue One didn't live up to their potential, and now they are having behind the scenes troubles with their creative teams.

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Some interesting behind the scene tidbits.

20. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Get Joss and call it a day