Star Wars

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Meh KK is overrated...how hard can it be too look good as producer when you produce for Steven Fucking Spielberg.

I thought TFA was a rehash and Finn was done dirty....but they did need to rebuild Star Wars after the Prequels so....I guess its fine...the only good thing in Rogue One was Darth Vader slicing Rebels.

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Rogue One was my fave SW movie since A New Hope, but I have to admit the most gangsta Darth Vader of alltime was when cornered those rebels in a corridor, turned out the lights and handled his business.
    [​IMG]

3. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Vader did his damn thing!

4. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

I think rogue one is the best star wars movie hands down. The others didnt age well. Episode 3 is my second fav just seeing Anakin turn to the dark side.

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Han Solo reveals that Luke disappeared when Kylo Ren betrayed him and murdered his other students - but it wasn't shame or cowardice that kept him in exile.

During an interview with EW, Mark Hamill explains that Luke believed Kylo - then Ben Solo - to be the "chosen one", and his betrayal and deflection to the Dark Side made him doubt his own connection to The Force.

"Luke made a huge mistake in thinking that his nephew was the chosen one, so he invested everything he had in Kylo, much like Obi-Wan did with my character, and he is betrayed, with tragic consequences. Luke feels responsible for that. That’s the primary obstacle he has to rejoining the world and his place in the Jedi hierarchy, you know? It’s that guilt, that feeling that it’s his fault, that he didn’t detect the darkness in him until it was too late."

That same darkness is something that could well be lurking inside Luke, and may be another reason he decided to exile himself on Ahch-To away from anyone that could be made to suffer if he lost control.

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

So according to the concept, art Finn was originally supposed to be White and Poe was supposed to be a Black pilot who dies 15 minutes into the movie (figures)

[​IMG]

10. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Ugh anything to make the black man be gay & not get with the white chick
    They did the same thing to Cap & Bucky, shipped them as gay
    Sick

11. RicardoCooper

12. RicardoCooper

Too bad the Death Star didn't have the same planetary force field as Scarif, the Rebels couldn't have blown it up :p

13. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

I still don't understand how that dude became a Hollywood powerhouse to begin with.

The only quality project that he ever wrote himself was the first season of Lost IMO. However, he had no idea how to advance the story or resolve any of the many plotlines and just ended up stringing viewers along through years of incoherent bullshit.

14. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Love him or hate him, JJ insisted that Disney color-blind cast Finn. Rey, too (though no black actresses were considered). Also, the original concept art was based on GL's, now discarded, treatment for a new trilogy.

15. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Black actresses were considered for Rey. The runner-up for Rey was a black actress and if she had been cast Finn would have been white. The runner-up appeared for a few seconds looking up at space just before her planet was destroyed. Also if they had gone with both a white Rey and a white Finn, Poe would've been black. That was the original idea....Poe being played by a black male. Anyway Daisy Ridley got cast first. Boyega was cast months later in large part because of how well he and Ridley clicked in the screen tests. And once Boyega got the role of Finn they stopped looking at black men for Poe.

16. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Dont forget trailer tonight during Monday Night Football, if they proceed like they did for Force Awakens look for it at the first commercial break of going to Halftime.

17. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

18. RicardoCooper

Damn time flies. This is out in a couple of months. Seems like I just saw The Force Awakens in theaters.

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Just when I think I'm out they pull me back in.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

This new trailer has me like...[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017