Star Wars

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Dec 13, 2015.

1. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

2. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

I plan on seeing it New Years weekend on a late Sunday matinee.

I only see movies on matinee prices.

Get used to the heavy Star Wars advertising and merchandising for the next 10+ years.

Disney plans on releasing a new Star Wars flick every year around the holidays. Next year is "Rogue One", the story on how the rebels got the plans to the Death Star in Episode 4.

Disney also has plans to flood it's TV channels with Star Wars shows.

And Disney is breaking ground next year at its California and Florida parks with big and expansive Star Wars theme attractions based on the movies/TV shows.

There gonna be so much Star Wars, you gonna be sick of it.

3. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Good to see Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford and Billie Dee Williams. They look great. I remember listening to the commentary on Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, that in the scene where Han Solo, Leia and Chewbacca get a visit in their holding cell from Lando Calrissian and Han slugs him for betraying him. Well, Harrison actually hit Billie and the two began to throw down on the set. When things calmed down the two buried the hatchet and apologized and the scene was done over again. This is why in some films with Harrison Ford when he's in a fight scene, he often gets a punch to the face(like the one he got from Gary Oldman in Air Force One). In Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi, Carrie Fisher saw the slave girl outfit and she had to lose weight and get into shape to wear it.

4. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Been reading spoilers and watched a couple clips. This shit is over hyped. Hopefully it's not as bad as age of ultron.

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Well today is the day, please don't post any spoilers.

6. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

:smt043 :smt043

7. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jedi Lord George Lucas @ UK premiere w/ wife Mellody Hobson and @ Los Angeles premiere w/ director J.J. Abrams.

[​IMG]

Celebrating the master: Spielberg and the entire theatre audience applauded Lucas at the screening.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  8. SilverSmith

I'm going all out for this film: IMAX 3D on Christmas Day. Got tickets in hand. :p

9. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

IMAX 3D is just amazing!

10. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Great photos of the premire.

11. hellified

hellified Active Member

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

$1 Billion Worldwide in just the twelve days it's been out.

13. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Impressive :smt107

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Bigger than Avatar

15. glt1980

Whats amazing is it still has not been released in China, there are pirated copies all over the net and it still has made that much money that quickly. Seems Disney made a wise investment when it bought Lucas Films and tossed out Lucas.

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Disney didn't "toss out Lucas". George Lucas didn't want to make anymore Star Wars movies. Lucas has said on more than one occasion that he's always been an experimental filmmaker and director at heart and not a studio/money director.

He has admitted that the prequels suck because he was more into the world building and EFX development aspects of the whole thing more so than character and story development. That's also the reason behind the whole remastering of the original Trilogy that took place with the updated EFX and unnecessary added scenes

17. SilverSmith

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And George Lucas possibly gave away a spoiler in this video...not that fans aren't already assuming it.....

19. glt1980

I didnt mean that they told him to just go away I meant they tossed out his original outlines for episode 7,8,&9. Which turns out to have been a pretty wise move on their part.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member