Star Wars

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Dec 13, 2015.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

i hope the next star wars movie the bm act like he has some guts

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

So that was your idea of being a coward?

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

every brother i came across called him weak and cowardly.

hell look at the poster..man he look stupid

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Not strong at all sorry. Second guessing at every turn and running all the damn time. I just expected too much, this is Star Wars the only other black guy was a traitor and then there was Jar Jar so..

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Did we see the same movie? Yeah, I get everyone wanting Finn to be some kind of intergalactic John Shaft and shit, but damn......

And how is it not strength to take up a weapon you don't know how to use and step up and use it against a dude you've seen stop laser bolts in mid air? That's when he should have been running......

6. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

This is film 1!

Keep in mind in a new hope, Ben Kenobi trains Luke and he never fights Darth Vader to my knowledge(it has been a while since I have seen the film). In the empire, he is almost killed.

Finn not only escapes from the first order but then has to go back to save rey. He masters the light saber without any light saber training to such a degree that he is able injury Ben Solo who was trained by Luke skywalker and a sith.
    I mean what do you want.....

To compare him to leia who didn't escape and needed rescuing(...rey) is really underestimating his abilities.

7. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

This all day. To see a non-Force sensitive character injure the new trilogy's villain is a major sea change. He also stood up to his own former comrades-in-arms despite being a green grunt conscript. He had the bulk of the screen time, is one of the primary characters, and stood with the other characters when he could have turned and run. If memory serves me correctly, even Han Solo contemplated leaving the rebellion high and dry and was only in it for the money. I can understand not wanting the primary black character to
    be a loser, but I also don't think it's reasonable to demand total dominance from the black character, either. He's not there as a template upon which to hang all our racial aspirations, hopes and dreams.

8. The Dark King

As a fan that doesn't bug you though?
    Then fuck training and fuck the force anyone can pick up a saber and be a match for the villain even thought he's had decades of training?

9. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I don't get it.

He escaped the Stormtroopers. He owned up about his lie to Rey. He wielded a light saber, like someone said with zero training, to go after the bad guy and even went back into the lair of the stormtroopers to help save the world.

What more are you looking for? For him to kill Kylo Ren? There wouldn't be a need for 2 more movies.

IMHO, and apparently others also feel this same way, there is nothing cowardly about any of his actions in this movie.

I'm wondering if you watched the same movie we did?

10. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

No, because Kylo had not received decades of training. He basically flipped nearing the midpoint in his training when you are most tempted by the Dark Side. Remember Luke on Dagobah? Obi-Wan and Yoda telling him that he could feel the Force but not yet control it and that this was when you are most susceptible to the temptation of the Dark Side? Kylo is at that stage on steroids: mental instability, explosions of rage, lack of control, self-doubt, fear... That is why he is about to complete his training and become a total nightmare.

11. The Dark King

Sorry I'm one of those book people. With Luke being his Uncle Kylo trained early. Similar to his grandfather actually where he had years of training before turning.

12. The Dark King

Ran away from the Storm troopers and kept running only standing up to them when absolutely necessary, no real direction other than run run run away. And the wielding of a light saber against a trained fighter with force sensitivity was absolute horseshit. I absolutely hate when they do that. It's like you or I getting into the ring with Rousey we'd get our asses handed to us quick

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

How do we know that Keylo Ren had decades of training? We know he had SOME training. And based on how emo he was throughout the movie as well as his hack and slash lightsaber technique, he seems to be getting along by nothing more than his strong sensitivity to the Force. And this is strengthened by Snoke telling General Huks to bring Kylo back to FINALLY COMPLETE his training.

14. Bookworm616

I honestly think that you're looking for things that just aren't there.

He's a strong character and will only get stronger as the movies progress.

Stop looking for stuff that isn't there. You are absolutely pulling at threads about this.

15. The Dark King

Not saying he's a master more like Anakin from the second movie and you're right I misspoke with decades. Years better?
    Have you ever trained in any combat sport? No one gets on the mat and does well against someone who has trained for years .... oh and can move shit with their mind

16. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

No, because I am sitting here hoping that finn is force sensitive and has yet to master it but still able to what he did.

That's why I am keeping quiet. Man this finn character can't win. either he is too much of a pansy or too powerful.

Walk the line finn walk the line!!!!

17. The Dark King

Don't do that, you're an artist people can look at the same thing and see different shit that's why its art.
    I saw what spoke to me and what I saw was a weak character. He wasn't assertive at all and came off as wimpy. The girl showed far more courage and gumption.
    Like I said for an intergalatic soldier it was weak.
    I spent weeks binging on Clone Wars and the Stormtroopers in that were fearless. Sure of themselves and good fighters. Finn didn't come off like that at all to me.

18. The Dark King

His "power" made no sense that's all I'm saying. Seriously walk into any dojo pick up a Shinai point at someone with a year of training and say lets go. You will get your ass handed to you.

At least if it were like last Samurai where the Commander had years of battle experience with a sword not necessarily a katana then at least I could wrap my head around it.

19. Bookworm616

It takes more courage to defy your upbringing when you realize how wrong it is than it does to toe the line.

This guy seriously can't win with you. It's a shame you can't see the strong character that's right in front of you.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Again, we don't know how long he or exactly how much training he under took under Luke. Remember, when Luke was training under Yoda he initially thought all of the shit he was learning was pointless. Basically the same thing with the Karate Kid when Miyagi had him doing "Wax On/Wax Off" and "Paint The Fence." Being that he was clearly seduced to easy path of the Dark Side, he probably was of the mindset that Luke and Jedi path was some bullshit.