Star Wars

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Dec 13, 2015.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Fair point

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

This entire discussion is for people who have a passion for this fantasy world. Sure some people will delve deeper into the lore than others. However since Disney bought Star Wars, they have repeatedly said that everything that is released from now on (comics, cartoons, and novels) are all part of one interconnecting narrative.

So even though I agree with the sentiment that the movies can be viewed independently from all the other materiel. For the people who do delve into the ancillary lore, Finn's backstory can paint his on screen portrayal in a different light.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

True. But if they had also established facts on screen about Finn's status as an ideal First Order Trooper as well as shown his combat & tactical skills, then it would have added more depth to his character and interactions with certain characters (ie Captain Phasma and Kylo Ren) in Force Awakens and the next two movies.

Establishing the fact that Finn is/was on of their most promising conditioned Stormtroopers and he broke that conditioning gives an actual reason and motivation going forward for Captain Phasma by way of personally taking on the task to seek out and capture Finn in order to break him and bring him back under the fold of the First Order, especially if between movies he goes on an actually becomes "A Big Deal In the Resistance" in their efforts against the First Order as he fibbed about. But that's just my fan boy take on things.

4. hellified

hellified Active Member

Flying the MF isn't necessarily that amazing considering she was running toward her own starship when it got destroyed. The MF was considered junk by her and assuming there is some generalized system in controlling a starship it would be like a pilot running to own plane then seeing it blown up having to go to an older plane. Im pretty sure a pilot who can fly a 787 series jet can fly a 707 series jet.

And seeing how much maintenance and work han had to do to fly the falcon..assuming thats normal for starship pilots to do..its not that crazy that rey is familiar with the inner workings of space ships.

Being a scavenger means she'd be put in more survival/fighting situations than finn.

but Finn is no slouch himself

finn never backed down when he had an opportunity to run and save his own ass..the mark of a hero is a person who takes their life in their own hands..initiates and takes charge of their destiny.

Finn broke his conditioning willingly, devised a plan of escape on his own, initiated a deal with someone who had a skill he lacked to complete his escape..

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

After seeing the film, I think that Finn was a hero in development like Jar-Jar Binks(whom went from a rather dubious character to a leader in battle, to a Senate leader). Finn got out before he lost his soul. He was a man on the run but he found a reason to join in the fight. Rae. Finn will return more dedicated and prepared to fight again.

6. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

really? are we comparing jar jar binks to finn?

[​IMG]

7. archangel

8. archangel

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Jar-Jar Binks was an annoying character. But he did have a redeeming quality that emerged later. Here's another example, though not related to Star Wars, the character of Teal'c from Stargate: SG-1, he had a similar quandary and he stepped up and joined Col.O'Neill to fight the God Apophus. Making a decision that is uncertain takes a lot of courage. Jar-Jar made one and so did Finn.

10. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

:smt043 :smt043

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

FAN THEORY WITH MINOR SPOILERS.

DO NOT WATCH IF YOU HAVE NOT YET SEEN THE FORCE AWAKENS.

[YOUTUBE]Lu56bOmthZc[/YOUTUBE]

12. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Star wars fans come up with some very interesting theories. This is one of my favorites.
    [YOUTUBE]f_OvcfyYkNo[/YOUTUBE]

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]LJyxPDEvo9U[/YOUTUBE]

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

So dope thanks for posting

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

From 1983....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...off by four years....

16. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

The wait for Episode 8 got a little bit longer Disney annouced that it will be delayed from May 2017 to Dec 2017.

Apparently the director want to tinker with the script a bit.

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remember reading about Han and Leia after the Return of the Jedi. They were married and they had two daughters and the Force was very strong in both of them. I thought They were both going to be in the next film. But they have Ben(Kylie Ren) and the Force is strong with him, not appreciated by the First Order, which makes him seem like a punk.

18. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

The disqualifying of the Expanded Universe as canon has thrown me for a loop. I keep thinking about Leia and Han's son and daughter in the Dark Horse Legacy comics. I don't know what's up or down anymore.

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

In the old defunct canon, Leia and Han had three children. (Two sons and one daughter) Both of their sons died. One died fighting an alien menace, the other died fighting his sister, after he turned evil (sound familiar?)

Han and Leia adopted their own granddaughter (from the evil son) and raised her as their own daughter.

20. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]