Stay-at-home Husbands

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by CAkicker, Apr 8, 2023.

1. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

So 10 years ago a Doctor said I am disabled & couldn't hold down a job so it came to a point that I would have to be a Stay-at-home husband (if I ever get married). So I was wondering what do you think of Stay-at-home husbands? I've been hearing a lot of negative stuff about it.

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

In my opinion, the only thing wrong with it is if the husband and wife start to overcompensate. My sister-in-law admitted to us that part of the reason her marriage ended was that she started acting like a boss because she made a lot more money than her husband (he was retired military)

3. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

If you don’t mind me asking, how do you feel about the doctors opinion? Have you lived your life based off such a statement? Or have you defied such an opinion?

38 years ago the doctor told my mother both herself and myself would not survive (I was 3 months premature and needed a full blood transfusion).. but here I am.. I may be a little short lol

I think you have a fantastic entertainers voice I believe there is plenty of opportunity out there for you if it’s you choose to believe it.

I think if the woman is understanding and respectful towards your situation when she decides to form a relationship with you then that’s a great thing and so it should have a flow on effect if you get married and pregnant. I don’t think it’s something that should be frowned upon. One parent at home with the baby is better than no parents and a childcare raising the baby.

As long as the house is clean, dinner is on the table, kids are bathed and fed as is the dog, clothing is washed and folded, my bath is run for me and a bottle of wine is waiting by the bath I’m all for it lol

4. CAkicker

When I 1st heard it, I was a little upset, but considering how I did at my 1st Job, it sunked in. We'll have to see what the future holds. I'm trying to get back into school.

5. beccaomecca

I understand. That’s great, what do you plan to study? Times have changed so much and there’s so much you can do online too.

6. fly girl

fly girl Well-Known Member

I’d love a stay at home husband. It goes against societal norms, but there was a time BM/WW did too.

I’m on the SSA ticket-to-work program myself. But 2-3 days a week I wanna call in and retire, be done with the stress. For 3 years I lived in Texas and commuted to work in San Francisco where I lived in a van I still think about the freedom of just giving in, and accepting whatever life brings. On the days I couldn’t get back home, I would just travel in the van or on the Vespa.

7. CAkicker

Business Management. I thought it would be cool to open up my own Martial Arts school, even though it looks like I don't need a degree but I gotta show the young ones you gotta work hard at it, & also break some stereotypes.

8. beccaomecca

That’s dope, good for you!! Keep that dream alive :)

9. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

This is my experience. My father had a bad heart condition that caused him to retire early. So, he was the one staying home with me while my mother worked (previously, they both worked). It ended up being fine for them. He was still very much the man of the house. They were together until his death.

Ironically, I find myself in a similar situation. Though, for different reasons. I have a rare form of Muscular Dystrophy. I’ve been disabled for the past 30 years and totally dependent on my girlfriend and caregivers for the past 11 years. What I learned from my father is you still have to be who you were before you became disabled. Women will appreciate that.

If you were a man who commanded respect before, still be that now. Whatever you wouldn’t deal with when you were able bodied, don’t deal with it now that you are not. Responsibilities that you would normally take care of before, still take care of them, within your capabilities. If there is something that needs to be done, and you can’t physically do it, figure out a way to get it done without stressing her about it. Doesn’t mean you don’t ask her for help if you need it. But, have everything planned out, how it needs to happen, so she knows that it’s going to get done without too much hassle. In other words, still be a man that she can rely on and it’s all good.

Of course, there will be women who can’t rock with you because of your home husband status. They don’t matter. Just concentrate on getting you together, shoot your shot at whatever woman catches your eye and let the rest work itself out.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
  10. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

I think if both parties are comfortable with the very idea of such a dynamic, without the need to be shamed for not adhering to gender conformity, I would say more power to you.

11. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Where does one sign up to be a house husband?

Where the fuck are all these so called independent women "who don't need no man" because they got their own?

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You forgot the candles and bath pillow. :)

13. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I think that it's up to each couple to find their own relationship equilibrium.

14. beccaomecca

We're all around the world hummie.