Steve Nash Double Swirling Gone Wrong!!

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by nobledruali, Mar 18, 2011.

1. ReginaStar

ReginaStar New Member

All I know is okra, yams, and watermelons are always listed as African American foods. I'm southern and I eat of them too lol. But these particularly have origins in Africa. Meaning they were eating them long before whites ever were. I consider corn native American food for the same reason. But of course I eat corn. It was one of the dishes natives shared with whites when they came here. So it became a food staple. I don't know what else to consider AA food except for chitterlings, pigs feet, etc. I mean white people ate them aswell but they were not a food staple for whites. It said the reason why AA's ate them was b/c it was the part of the meat that was left that the white man gave to them.

2. ReginaStar

ReginaStar New Member

I don't think southern whites eat okra any less than southern blacks though. We all appear to eat them as a food staple.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Well I guess I'm naive because I don't see black or white I recognize cultural similarities not skin tone. Like on a day where I'm wearing tims and a tshirt I would feel more comfortable with a working class group despite race where as if I'm clark kenting it I feel more comfortable in a corporate setting and I don't care if everyone of them are chinese speaking Mexicans.

4. The Dark King

Regina thanks for the neg rep. You're so obvious. smfh

5. ReginaStar

ReginaStar New Member

LOL. I have not given you any neg rep thank you.

6. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

You two kiss and make up, immediately!

7. orejon4

Right. Same here.

8. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Your question seems to be taken out of context. I never at any time said I expected anyone to refer to him as white. IMO my son is not white; he's black. I don't view this as a negative & I have my reasons (which I've explained before & don't feel like explaining again). This does not mean he's denying his "white heritage" or siding with his "black heritage" by any means...IMO heritage based on race is the eqivalent of heritage being based on stereotypes, both of which are silly to me. The things you describe (food, music, etc.) are ethnicity based; not "black" or "white".

I know your approach & opinion are different than mine on the topic concerning our children, but I think neither of us are right or wrong so I'd like to leave it at that.

Oh my, this is like bad comedy or something. I guess if that's how it's all broken down, then I must not be white, LOL!

:smt005

9. ReginaStar

ReginaStar New Member

How is your son black when you are not a black woman. Black men and black women make black babies. White women don't have black babies no more than black women have white babies.

Cultural heritage is the legacy of physical artifacts and intangible attributes of a group or society that are inherited from past generations, maintained in the present and bestowed for the benefit of future generations. Cultural heritage includes tangible culture (such as buildings, monuments, landscapes, books, works of art, and artifacts), intangible culture (such as folklore, traditions, language, and knowledge), and natural heritage (including culturally-significant landscapes, and biodiversity).

"Intangible cultural heritage" consists of non-physical aspects of a particular culture, often maintained by social customs during a specific period in history. The ways and means of behavior in a society, and the often formal rules for operating in a particular cultural climate. These include social values and traditions, customs and practices, aesthetic and spiritual beliefs, artistic expression, language and other aspects of human activity. The significance of physical artifacts can be interpreted against the backdrop of socioeconomic, political, ethnic, religious and philosophical values of a particular group of people. Naturally, intangible cultural heritage is more difficult to preserve than physical objects.

Aspects of the preservation and conservation of cultural intangibles include:

Folklore
    Oral history
    Language preservation

You have none of these? European American is an ethnicity.

10. Tamstrong

As I already told you, I've already explained all of this before, although I don't recall the thread, & I'm not explaining it again. Peace. ;)

11. The Dark King

At least someone else sees this loon for what she is. Thanks for posting Tam

12. ReginaStar

ReginaStar New Member

13. Tamstrong

I'm not going to call her a loon, but I don't agree with some of those things she referred to; they don't make sense to me. Culture involves a multitude of things. It's not something that can be pigeonholed according to a person's race.

We also differ on our views about our children. I have no issue whatsoever with her views & I even understand where she's coming from. I just have an entirely different perspective on the subject. She may not agree with or understand my views...although there are many who do understand where I'm coming from..but I don't think that makes either of us wrong.

14. orejon4

There you go again, Tam. Making sense AND making my heart beat faster at the same time... :smt049

15. The Dark King

Her arguments have no subsative logic to them. Personally I get a racist vibe from her but that's me. Anyone who attaches so much to race sets off red flags for me. And again before anyone jumps down my throat being racist doesn't always mean vicious sometimes it means absurd ignorance. Like the idea that there is "white" music. I thoroughly enjoy country music does that make me white? I enjoy pizza and rigatoni does that make me white?
    A lot of the women on here love r&b and black men does that make them black?
    The shit she says is very troublesome indeed.

16. Tamstrong

Thanks, Orejon. You're such a sweetheart. :smt050

17. Iykeg

Iykeg Restricted

Looks like the party has been going on here for a while.

I actually love intellectual discussions

nobody has even defined what constitutes a "white" or "black" person.

I feel this issue is a circular discussion if those definitions are not clearly laid out

Before you can say so and so is white or black, maybe we can define what qualifies one as white or black

I dont think anybody here even knows including myself

18. orejon4

@ReginaStar

ReginaStar: I just saw that YouTube link you posted. What a mouthful! Thanks for sharing it.

19. Iykeg

Iykeg Restricted

Better still

as stupid as this question sounds

How does Tamstrong or Inner beauty or any other person for that matter know that they are "white"

I would honestly like to know jokes aside

20. orejon4

I know what you mean MrFantastic, but I really think she was trying to get at the origins of these cultural products and being unspecific about race vs. ethnicity, which is more precise. Anyone can and should in fact enjoy the music regardless of their 'race' and the racial/ethnic origins of it, but I think she oversteps when she says that the music is "white" or "black". You can say it was created by a given group, but that doesn't forever tie it to the racial group involved in its creation. According to that logic, rock & roll would still be 'black' music, which we know not to be the case, as it is predominately enjoyed (although by no means exclusively) by people around the world who are not observably 'black', despite black cultural origins of the music.