Steve Nash Double Swirling Gone Wrong!!

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by nobledruali, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

The thing to me is that people don't fit into the neat little categories suggested. I don't think of her as racist, but I don't get the need to break down & analyze race to death.

Like I said, culture isn't something that can be classified according to race.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I just took the time to watch that bullshit video and all I got from it was a bw desperately fighting not to be marginalized but I ask this to all the parents. If your kids are healthy and happy why should they be concerned about racial identity? If I do have kids and most likely the mother will be white I don't care what they identify with racially as long as they identify with the Fantastic clan. Certain things that are unique to our family and the way we see the world. I'm more concerned about character not the superficial nonsense that is quite frankly holding us back as a species. The misnomer of race has far too much power.

3. The Dark King

But here's where I call bs on her. She is married to a bm and supposedly has three children by him. To say that based on race alone people act a certain way is ignorant as fuck. This is the kind of bullshit that gets men like me locked up for crimes we didn't commit because people would easily assume "well he's black and you know how they are"
    It just makes me sick.

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

People have stereotypes even when they think they're being harmless. No group of people has cornered the market on 'good' or 'bad' behavior, be they 'black' or 'white'.

I couldn't agree more.

5. Tamstrong

I remember a little old white lady at a church tell me about my son (who I took to the back to spank for misbehaving), "I saw you were having problems with your boy. It's his race honey & you gotta work it out of him. That's the way black people act...& he is black...you just have to beat the black out of him." That crap blew my mind.

Well said, Orejon. :)

6. LA

LA Well-Known Member

I would've backhanded that bitch.

7. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

WTF????!!?!?!?!?!? I have never had someone bring any trash to me about my son. How did you keep it together? I couldn't be held responsible for what I'd do. Messing with my mother or my son is the quickest way for me to go from 0 to 60 on someone's ass in a New York minute.

8. The Dark King

Amen sir

9. Ymra

Ymra New Member

You are doing a dumb job of trying to sound smart.

Stop because you just talked yourself into a circle. The classification of racial groups has been around since the 12th and 13th centuries, so clearly this did not come from Americans. Looks and what denotes what based solely on looks is not an american invention but rather a human visual understanding.

And Nicole Richie? Nicole Richie is neither black nor white but of Mexican American decent. She is Lionel Richie's adopted daughter you imp.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  10. Iykeg

Iykeg Restricted

I dont think you really know what you are talking about.

What "racial classifications have been around since the 12th century?

And who told you Nicole Richie is of Mexican descent? She has Mexican ancestry i think but also ancestry from different places.

11. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[YOUTUBE]Qw9oX-kZ_9k[/YOUTUBE]

12. ReginaStar

ReginaStar New Member

Some people like Nigerian music. Does that make them Nigerian. No. Does it make Nigerian music no longer Nigerian music just b/c other people like it too. No

13. Tamstrong

I didn't hit her (she was in her lates 80s & in a wheelchair), but I did lose my temper. That shit was so crazy, I stood there in shock for a second...I was asking myself 'did she really just say that ignorant shit to me?' & then I went off. There were even people that came to her defense saying she's old & didn't mean it or when she grew up that was the way they thought, etc....like there was any fucking excuse! What was even more insane was that that dried up old bitch thought she was actually being helpful by offering her "advice"; she told me, "We still love him, honey, even if he is black."!!! WTF?! Of course I never went back to that church after that, & there were members of the congregation who didn't understand why I was so pissed off about the whole thing & don't get why I won't go back. smdh

This reminds me of another incident. Years ago I rented a house from a couple a friend of mine knew. The wife was the one who rented me the place because her trucker husband was on the road most of the time. She was very nice to us. When I finally met her husband, I found that he wasn't so nice when it came to my son...racist, fat fucker...he said, "I'm not gonna hold it against your son, after all, it's not his fault."...another WTF moment. Thank God it was a month to month agreement with no lease & that it didn't take very long to find another place. My friend that introduced me to the her told me he beat the shit out of his wife for renting the house to me. I just can't wrap my head around that fucked up thinking; it makes no damn sense.

14. ReginaStar

ReginaStar New Member

My husband made a joke one day he says "We stole basketball like yall stole rock and roll"

15. ReginaStar

ReginaStar New Member

I said none of that. That is your assumption. I said what I think black culture is before and stereotypes had nothing to do with it. Let me find what I said.

Black culture is African American culture. The culture of US black slaves and their descendants although it has been influenced by other black cultures that have immigrated to the US like hip hop has some origins in the Caribbean.

What is black culture.
    Black culture is a rich history from the altantic slave trade to the civil rights era. I don't want get in to the history to much we all know it or alesast we should.
    Music, ragtime, jazz, blues, swing, r&b, rap, rock-n-roll, doo wop, soul, Hip Hop, hip house, new jack swing, go go, house music, neo soul. Oral tradition is part of AA culture. Spoken word, rhyming. Literature, Authors Langston Hughes, and Zora Nella Hurston, WEB DuBois, Booker T. Washington and many more. Books that have been made into movies such as Roots, the color purple. Dance such as suffel along, Charleston, Lindy hop, Jitterbug, cake walk, popping, locking, break dancing, krumping, stepping, and many more. Art like small drums, quilts, wrought -iron figures, and ceramic vessels. Black plays like Tyler Perrys. Black comedy clubs.

Religion, although Africans were stripped of their own religions and Christianity was forced upon them Africans were able to secretly hold onto some African traditions during worship like including dance, shouts, African rhythms, and enthusiastic singing. Their is spirituals like Lift every voice and sing. There is inventors like Madam C. J. Walker, George Washington Carver, Lewis Latimer, Otis, Boykin

Fashion like Urban fashion, AA swagger. On Sundays AA's dress in dressy suits and clothes and AA women wear big hats. Cuisine. Soul fool exist most of Southern foods but some things are more exclusive or originated in Africa like Okra and melons. Chitterlings, pigs feet, using ham hocks, and neck bones for seasoning in greens and beans. Hoping John from AA's.

There is languages like Creole, and Gullah, and Ebonics. Many AA's also have accent unique to AA's. There is UNIA, NACCP, Nation of Islam, Black power, Black Arts Movement. Jumping the broom. Politics like most AA's are Democratic. The black experience.

Holidays, Black History Month, Martin Luther King Jr B-D, Black music month, Juneteeth, Kwanzaa. Black hair is a major part of the culture. African American hairstyles, Afro, dreads, fade, braids, finger curls, stacks, wedges, twist. Wigs, hot combed, straighter, hot iron, the millions of hair products, curlers, extensions, etc. AA's have a unique bond with other AA's although this is contributed to AA culture and the black experience it also goes back to slavery like calling each other family names even when their not family. There are names that are more often found among AA's some of these come from Africa. There is things like looking out for the neighboorhood kids.

16. ReginaStar

ReginaStar New Member

wow I would have had to ask God to forgive me that day.

17. ReginaStar

ReginaStar New Member

Nicole Richie identifies her self as being part black. Supposedly one of her bio parents were

18. The Dark King

Every single thing you said has to do with West African lineage to the US not all black people. Everything you described has very little to do with my family's history and we'd be considered black so again what is black culture?
    You keep describing African American culture. People like you are the reason racism persists, you make assumptions about a person based on appearance and attempt to attach what you think they are like instead of actually getting to know them. Again I say the black experience isnt monolithic

19. ReginaStar

ReginaStar New Member

Your Jamaican American. I'm not talking about you. You have a different black culture you should want to pass on to your children.

20. Tamstrong

Yeah, it was ugly. Church is the last place I would've ever thought I'd lose it like I did.