Supeman's daughter married a BM and named her son after dad Christopher Reeve

Discussion in 'In the News' started by JUANMACKER, Jul 7, 2015.

1. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I just don't get how colorism shoehorned itself into this thread.

The issues separating the Dominican Republic, the Sudan and Baltimore are way more than skin tone. That's an extreme oversimplification.

IMO social background and education are greater barriers for access than skin color.

The continent of Africa is embroiled it seems in never ending civil wars, but it has nothing to do with skin color. Same deal with the ME and Latin America on and off. Economics and the struggle for political power.

Unless you're implying this guy achieved what he did in life and married who he did because of his light skin, I don't get how this secondary discussion about skin tone relates.

The DR is just a racist country of color BTW. I can't think of a modern example in a recent history where a 'Black' country decided to boot out a portion of their own citizens because they were too dark.:smt101

2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

let this be a lesson to all of you who post celebrities in the news section it will go on a tangent for over 4 pages. stay in the celeb section.
    [​IMG]

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Exactly.

Wecolme to darkbmww.com

lol

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Actually Ra said it better.

"Dumb negro theater"

Lmao

5. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Raider approves :cool:

6. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Good points. The Sudan conflict also has ethno-tribal, religious, and geopolitical components that drive it as much or more so than skin color. There are blue-black brothers on both sides of that fight, regardless of the media's "Arab vs. African" oversimplifications.

DR, same deal, although actual racism plays a much more overt role, thanks to Trujillo's nearly 40-year campaign against African features, people and immigration policy. It also has a lot to do with the Haitian invasion of the DR side, the DR's massacre of Haitians along the border many years ago, and more.

Skin color is a huge problem in interpersonal relationships, but I don't think it's the sole determinant of life chances, otherwise African immigrants wouldn't excel in the US compared to African-Americans.

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Great read. The Sudan in particular is about Islamists removing Christians.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Damn, lol....that's tragic.

10. orejon4

In the South. And in Darfur, about Islamist Arab speakers in the east versus Islamist and non-Islamist Muslim Chadic speakers in the west.

11. goodlove

goodlove New Member

If you wanted to talk about that then start a thread.

12. z

z Well-Known Member

Another powerful light skin bruh in the thread. You making his point for him, lol

"If you light you alright
    If you dark get back"

TDK has a valid point, colorisim exist from Haiti to US to DR to Africa. It's known but unspoken privilege, it's what it's, the nature of the beast

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Iike i stated he could start another thread and discuss it but it comes across as hes hating on dude

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol

16. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

So any issue black people have at all can be boiled down to hating on white people and any issue women have can be boiled down to hating on men. Got it. You and Beasty crack me up lol

17. The Dark King

Wow guess its a coincidence that all the people undergoing genocide just happen to be dark skin in all these areas. Entire caste systems are based on color but hey its all in my head what do I know.

18. orejon4

Don't forget that there was also an ethnic caste system in Europe before the widespread exploitation of Africans. Oppression has its origin in resource scarcity and the animal tendency to fight over them. Don't let this ish get you down man. It will have you thinking there is something essentialist about it. Melanin is just a convenient shorthand oppressors use for determining what team you're on.

19. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

In Europe when White folk historically were doing the same thing to other Caucasions and had to fight two world wars and slaughter millions of Europeans before they chose the more peaceful option of the EU(not including the dozens of other major European wars prior), there's something more at play than mere skin color.

The point remains you inserted a colorism discussion in a thread where it didn't really fit, which makes it seem like you have a misguided preoccupation with the subject.

Your first comment was that dude was barely a shade darker than his WW, then you lamented about the trials and tribulations of darker skinned people and started going off on a tangent about the stratification of Blackness.

The insurrectionist war by the Tamils against the Sinhalese in Sri Lanka isn't about color.

The hostilities between India and Pakistan aren't about color.

The IRA's war against Britain wasn't about race.

The tensions between Japan and China aren't about color.
    Or those between North and South Korea.

These are all ethnic/political/regional/tribal/cultural conflicts, all more significant than race in the grand scheme of human interaction.

What bothers me most is the unspoken assumption you posed that this guy was even in a position to marry his wife primarily because he was light skinned.

Come on.

Racism is a global phenomenon and dark skinned folks catch hell all over the globe, but race isn't fate.

20. The Dark King

Show me a single thread that doesn't get derailed. There's no preoccupation just a thought. And in some parts of the world race is fate. Shit talk about out of touch and privileged