Supergirl's love interest will be black

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Elklodge, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Still remember when Olivia Wilde was receiving death threats of her scene with Omar Epps on House. :rolleyes:

2. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Same here. Maybe we should give them some hell in return.

I can only imagine the words being used and what sort of rhetoric would be reinforced. That is a damned shame how insecure dickheads can be. They are just blazoned, domestic ticking time bombs.

3. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

She was married to a black guy in Batman Beyond, but that's only canon in DCAU.

4. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Co-sign.

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I'm really suprised to see this thread hasn't been active since before the show premiered.

Y'all watched this week's episode (episode 6)?

General Lane claimed he didn't approve of Black Jimmy dating Lucy because he considers him to be paparazzi. I don't know if that's bad writing or censorship. But watching the episode it's obvious to me General Lane doesn't approve of Jimmy because he's black.

Also Jimmy makes a comment to Kara/Supergirl in this episode about how Black Men aren't allowed to show anger. That suprised me because I never seen them acknowledge 'cism on Supergirl's sister shows "Arrow" and "The Flash" despite them have major black characters on those shows.

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

This right here made me a big fan of the writing on the show. I'm not saying every conversation has to be about race but if you're getting intimate with someone things that affect your life should be mentioned. I really can't wait to see them together.

7. ColiBreh1

Yeah that was probably my favorite scene of the series so far.

8. Shulz021

Episode 7 is going to be pretty interesting.

9. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

:smt023

10. Morning Star

11. Morning Star

I need to rewatch the episode, but I remember that part and it was a huge blow buster and a wow revelation. :grin::smt115

12. ColiBreh1

LOL! Have you never watched a TV show with Soap Opera elements? Just reading the original article on TVLine.com looks like he's only playing a recurring chracter for a string of episodes. He's not even playing a chracter from the comics.

By your logic, Iris is no longer a love interest for Barry on "The Flash" because Patty was introduced as a Love interest on this season & Jessica Jones is no longer a love interest for Luke Cage because Luke will have other love interests on the Luke Cage show.

13. Shulz021

If you put it that way then I'll just see how the pairings will play out. :smt115

14. Morning Star

I'm sure I did, but I missed out on them since I've been looking at other things. And while you are correct that he won't play a character directly, he is loosely based on a character from one of the Earth comics in there. But, I don't recall Supergirl and Jimmy being together in the comics, unless it's loosely based on the original origin story behind Supergirl, where Jimmy wished for a female version of Superman.

I'm just going by the moments now that with Lucy Lane and Jimmy trying to work things out, the budding nature of Jimmy and Kara would just seem platonic, but hints of getting it on. I hope you are right, because this show is keeping me entertained through and through.

15. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

The show might diverge from the comics, but I'm not confident Jimmy and Kara are end game it's not built up like the Iris/Barry relationship on Flash. But it will probably be a constant for at least a few seasons.

16. MrT

MrT Member

17. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

You're so transparent

Why white knight on behalf of asian men? They have the resources to fight their own battle; but want to know why they don't? It's because they simply don't give a fuck what white america thinks of them.

And exactly how are they treated like shit?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  18. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

Haha. Who gives a shit anyway. Hollywood has never been your friend and never will be. Same guy who gave us the "django unchained" horseshit also gave us "true romance" -- a movie loved over at racist site for it's openly racist themes and hero.

...Starring Patricia Arquette, now supposedly your typical hollywood leftie. You think she didn't see the racist bent of the script for that movie? Please!

Hollywood is garbage.

The drama of real life is 10x more fascinating than the shit these fools dream up and feed you, yet no one pays attention to it.

19. MrT

MrT Member

fuck me!! what`s that name of your guide dog! FFS

20. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

That's why Hollywood is called the Dream Factory. Actors and actresses are the best con artists around. The audience watches in a dark place to watch characters living lives that they want to have(like kissing the man or woman on screen, fighting a person traveling, etc
    ). Check out the film Listen To Me Marlon. It's a film about actor Marlon Brandon, using archival footage and recorded interviews, as well as his own thoughts about his life and career.