1. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

All adult humans have 206 bones. Now, this person may have been an exception. But, I've never heard of blacks having an extra bone in their knee as the norm. There are many ways to tell the differences in skeletons of people of different races - an extra knee bone is new to me. I've studied forensic anthropology - taken many bones classes. I've never heard of such a thing.

2. Brittney

Brittney Well-Known Member

Hmmm, well, I didn't want to search through the 280+ page book to find it. But I found online: (my bad, it was the leg, not the knee, I guess)

"Often associating his ability to be a good quarterback with biology characteristics that can be only found in African Americans such as having an extra bone in his leg to allow them to run faster and dominate harder on the field."

http://thesop.org/index.php?article=11204

3. GrecoJones84

GrecoJones84 Active Member

Well put!

4. GrecoJones84

I'm call'n bs on this there there is no extra bone in Africans. The difference is fast twitch vs slow twitch muscle and then again emphasis on sports via culture.

5. Brittney

I found something else that says there's an extra bone in the foot..

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_blacks_have_a_extra_bone_in_their_foot

6. HappyLife

HappyLife New Member

Well the Dogon Tribe from Mali West Africa (Who migrated from Egypt or Kemet also one of the only tribes from North Africa to not be colonizes by the Muslims because of their homes being built in cliffs) said they came from the star system Sirius and that orbit Sirius B also A, The thing is astronomically speaking, scientist wanted to know how did they know of such a star system with out telescope of any kind, they weren't invented yet. But was later validated with the advent of the telescope. trust me their is a lot of thing the masses of people don't know and will never know because of them being stuck in the first law of survival, self preservation. Did i just go left field here?:partyman::smt120

7. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

I don't know, but it would appear you are saying they are Aliens!:smt107

8. GrecoJones84

9. HappyLife

HappyLife New Member

They would include me too. But according to ancient egypt(kemet) history, they did claim that the burned face people came from out there. I've read about it a lot and it seems plausible.

10. GrecoJones84

Every human has the same number of bones and muscles now there can be variation in the muscle fibers etc.

11. LUCIFERMORNINGSTAR

LUCIFERMORNINGSTAR New Member

Ah, this reminds me of all the "crazy" info I dug up from the days I used hang out at the Barnes & Noble in Metaire.

12. Brittney

No, my original source is a book authored by a Ph.D./Anthropologist, however I can't post the book at you. Heh.

13. Bookworm616

There are always exceptions, people born with congenital defects, people who have bones that didn't fuse properly, etc. However, according to Gray's Anatomy, there are 206 bones in the human body.

http://www.bartleby.com/107/17.html

14. GrecoJones84

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_is_th..._African_Americans_different_from_other_races

Here is your source contradicting itself. My roommate in college minored in anatomy(21 credits) and we have had this convo. There is no EXTRA muscle or bone. Africans tend to have calves that set higher allowing for more stamina but this can be found across all races. If blacks had an extra bone what happens to mixed children? Clearly every human has the same number of bones and muscles baring deformity

15. Brittney

Yea, on my searches I read somewhere else that while 206 is the average, that number can range from 200-210... :smt102

I didn't mean to start a debate, I just wanted to share something I read :smt090

16. Brittney

I wasn't talking about muscles.

17. Bookworm616

No problem! :smt023

It could happen to anyone though, not just blacks. :D

18. Brittney

Yea, I guess it's just one of those things, "See what you started!" like with the "wanting to share a couple things", etc. "Oops, I did it again." :smt081

19. Bookworm616

Uh oh! People are going to start calling you Britney Spears if you use that phrase again. :smt043

20. Brittney

AAAHHH!!!!!!!! :smt012 Nooooo!! :smt067 LoL