The animal awareness thread

Discussion in 'Science, Technology, and Green Energy' started by Unique4ever, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Please tell me you don't leave your dog/s out in the freezing cold? :smt087

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Signed honey.

I also ended up signing about 50 more for other animal awareness petitions, lol...they kept coming. "Sign This" Always happy to oblige. :smt024

3. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Nope.
    Yes.

The animals can handle it here.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Handle what? The freezing cold?
    Or are you saying it never gets freezing cold there?

5. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Stizzy, most vets I have talked to say to bring pets inside if it drops below 40 degrees F, we blanket all of our horses if it dips below 45 degrees F. Dealing with cold weather has nothing to do with whether the pets "can handle it" or not, please read the link below and I truly hope you reconsider your view on this.

http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/ClientED/cold.aspx

6. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

A good dog house with the correct bedding is more than sufficient here.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You didn't tell if it gets freezing cold.?
    Because a HEATED dog house is sufficient, not 'a dog house'. It freezes inside cars, and they are sealed.

8. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

It's has but not on the regular. If it drops below 30• he's in a kennel on the porch. Below 20• he's in the pantry. As for my Pigeons, out they stay.

9. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

My wording wasn't appropriate. My animals are taking care of. I wouldn't dare let my dog freeze too death. The article and offered nice tips. Some of which I already do.

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Good article.

Feral cats often freeze to death in winter here, so l set up blanketed containers in my basement (there's a hole they get in and out of) to stay warm in at night. I read that straw is the best nest though because blankets can get wet from them being in the snow...Overall however, l do what l can where l can.

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

They're just foaming at the mouth to put you in the same box as mike Vick

Don't say anymore :p

12. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

There's a reason why I prefer animals over humans. We're a horrible breed

13. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

totally agree, but I need to ask a question...

Why is it that we only single out pets? Animals, all animals, should have the right to a life that is free of fear and pain, yet 'we're able to make excuses to hunt, eat and overbreed the creatures we deem food or worthy to wear. When are we, as feeling creatures, going to get it?

Not directed at you specifically, Loki, just a blanket statement towards all :freehug::freehug:

14. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

As a fellow vegetarian, I couldn't agree more.
    For me there is no difference between the life of a dog or a pig.
    They are both intelligent animals who feel pain just as much as joy.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

</3

Justice for Maomao, Chinese Pet Dog Snatched From Loving Owner, Sold To Restaurant For Her Meat!

YouSignAnimals.Org

Shuangyashan, Heilongjiang Province, China:

On November 26th 2014 Maomao was snatched from right under her owner’s nose and later sold to a restaurant owner for her meat.

While fully conscious, the Golden Retriever, who had known nothing but love from her family and who had given birth just 45 days ago, was tied to a pole while she had all her four limbs severed and her fur removed. The level of agony can hardly be described in words. (he used a small knife which extended her torture).

[​IMG]

The helpless dog did not stand a chance of survival. Afterwards, the restaurant’s owner started to peel off her skin like he wanted to peel a banana!

Several passerby seen observing the puzzling scene, yet no one bothered to intervene. They walked by like nothing wrong was happening!

In the midst of all this, one concerned citizen decided to ask the owner to stop. He offered all the money he had upon him, but the “owner” of the dog refused!

Maomao’s family was speechless to hear about this. The owner went to the police, only to be told he would have to wait a few more days before the case was looked into.

When Maomao’s owner confronted the restaurant’s owner, the latter became irritated because he was accused of abuse. He puffed himself and arrogantly claimed that he only bought live dogs, ‘because this is how the guarantees the freshness of the meat’.

It didn’t seem to matter that Maomao was someone’s pet.
    Maomao had a wonderful life, had a loving family that cared for her!
    She did not deserve any of this.

This incident is not a singular one whatsoever. It only comes to show the level of the dog meat trade in China. In civilized country, such things should not be happening.

As China aspires to be the world’s economic powerhorse, it will have to learn how to treat its animals. Pets such as cats and dogs should not be eaten.

We, the undersigned, animal lovers from across the globe, respectfully urge the Chinese government to ban the dog meat trade and improve animal welfare in the country as soon as possible. Do it for Maomao.

Sign the Petition here:
    http://www.yousignanimals.org/Justi...ner-and-sold-to-restaurant-for-her-meat-t-800

Facebook page of the MaoMao Movement
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maomaos-Movement/369643323198348

http://www.yousignanimals.org/Justi...ner-and-sold-to-restaurant-for-her-meat-t-800

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Stereotypes are rooted in truth after all....

Hide your dogs

17. Unique4ever

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

19. Unique4ever

20. Unique4ever

The guy I went on a date with last summer showed up at the gym in a winter jacket with real fur trim :smt076

I'm so glad I turned him down.
    I could never be with a person who is ok with wearing fur. I somehow knew he was the kind of ignorant self-centered a-hole since he was only talking about himself all night.

Fuck all people who wear fur and are responsible for all the cruelty done to dogs, cats, bunnies, foxes.......:smt021:smt068