The "Don't Waste Your Time and/or Money To See This Film" Thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bookworm616, May 13, 2011.

1. curleyblonde

curleyblonde New Member

Maybe drink a couple of glasses of wine first. :D

2. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Its one of those horror humor fliks. It definitively is a tongue in cheek flick and intended to be a laugh movie. If you understand that, its freaking hilarious. These type of movies end up in the horror section by default since there is no category for the type. It'd up to the viewer to pick up on it. I think it clearly is a funny. Much like the old killer tomatoe movie. A scary movie intended to be a cheese movie. Outdated as it is, its still funny.cabin in the woods is following that. Cheese. And funny as hell.

3. curleyblonde

curleyblonde New Member

Putting it in that light I agree with you,,,, it was so cheesey it was funny in parts. Thanks FG.

4. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Oh, its a cheese fest alright. Hitting all the horror cliches. Intentionally. I love that movie

5. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

I just watched cabin in the woods today.... that movie is horrendous.

6. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Too many people not understanding the intentional cheese factor. :freehug:

7. curleyblonde

curleyblonde New Member

I totally missed it........ I guess when you have an initial expectation like I did you can be closed to what its true intention is.

8. 4north1side2

I did but it was pulled off terriblly, it just wasn't funny. Hug smilies arent necessary with me (I know when people are being snarky or not) but I'll take a free hug whenever if it means I get to be pressed up against such a hot woman. :freehug:

*watches back for tarshi* :p

9. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I wasn't trying to be snarky, I was trying to be funny. I had a good night w friends and a few glasses of wine :D

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Totally agree. I think you might have to be a Buffy fan to get Joss Whedon's sense of humor.

11. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. 4north1side2

Humor was bad as the movie.... just playing lol :freehug: :p honestly I felt the cheese factor was forced which made it bad for me.

Speaking of wine, bianco spiked with pinnacle vodka = heaven

Always lurking not a far you fucking pyscho. :p

13. Addolorata

Addolorata Active Member

Its probably going to be on dvd soon, but do not see that filth spring breakers. worst movie i have ever seen in a theater and probably the worst film i have seen of all time :/

14. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Spring Breakers was definitely a bad, bad movie.

I just tried to sit through Anna Karenina. What a horrible movie. I was already tired, but this movie put me in a sound sleep. Then I decided to fast forward to the end and realized I didn't care how it ended. LOL.

I'm so, so happy I never made it to the theater to see it.

15. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I finally saw Battleship. Long story short; I was not satisfied. The battleship U.S.S. Missouri was merely the finishing act. The visuals were impressive(if not predictable) and Steve Jablonski's score could have been better( It sounded too much like Hans Zimmer's Crimson Tide, but it was at a snail's pace)it should have been stronger. The alien presence could've been a seperated movie. It had a lot of action and we can clearly see what roles each ship in a naval battle group plays and what they are capable of. I like actor Liam Neeson, but in this film, he looked tired and bored as the admiral. The scene where the Japanese captain explains how his fleet would beat the Americanswas the only way to track down the aliens was interesting, but I doubt it can be done like that now. The use of Credence Clearwater Revival's Fortunate Son was not a good choice. They could've used the extended version of The Village People's song In The Navy. It would've worked.

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I saw A Haunted House last week. It had a few funny moments like Marlon Wayans' girlfriend's bff and her wanting to have interracial sex(she gets her wish in the form of a mandingo party that is also shown). It was a parody of the Paranormal Activity films, Poltergeist and paranormal reality shows. After the funny bits, it went downhill.

17. Bookworm616

I had been wanting to see "This Is 40", but never got a chance to see it in the theater. Mainly because I'd look at the run time (2hr15min) and think, nah.

I got it on Netflix and watched it this weekend. What a God awful movie. It had about 2 slightly amusing moments.

It got me thinking about Judd Apatow's reputation in Hollywood and with the "regular" people and all I can do is scratch my head. The script for "This Is 40" is just terrible and makes me wonder how someone like Paul Rudd could read it and want to do it.

Of all of the movies Apatow has directed, I think the only one I really enjoyed, for the most part, was The 40 Year Old Virgin.

Don't waste your time on This Is 40. The situations the characters find themselves in and their reactions to them are not realistic in any way and are just plain stupid.

UGH. There's 2hrs15mins I"ll never get back. :smt090

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Again bookie instead of turning crap off, you decide to sit through it

I'm seeing a pattern here

:p

19. Bookworm616

LOL. It was late at night and I was bored, so I finished it. :smt102

It wasn't so awful and boring that it was torturous (like Anna Karenina. That movie I did zip through to the end and then realized I didn't care and switched it off) but it was still just a stupid movie.

20. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

My girl and I caught This Is 40 a few months back. We liked it. And I'm not a Apatow fan. It was just light weight, breezy fun. Very enjoyable.