The "Don't Waste Your Time and/or Money To See This Film" Thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bookworm616, May 13, 2011.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

You're welcome.

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I didn’t enjoy it either. They had so many options to make it interesting. It just fell flat.

3. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

My man, in the first five minutes you can see story and directional choices that demonstrated the people behind this film had no clue. I can't think of one good decision they made except for a couple of casting selections. Any intriguing parts of the story are already given away in the trailers. I should have been paid to watch this travesty.

4. meowkittenmeow

It was so... regular. It reminds me of those predictable/formulaic horror films that Netflix used to have an abundance of. I was so disappointed. The acting was done well, the story, not so much.

5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

This^. I actually thought it was okay. But I was really annoyed that trailers ruined the third act suspense.

At least one trailer shows the Brandon (evil Clark) character sitting near the wreckage of a downed plane. This completely kills any suspense as to whether his adoptive mother would successfully stop him in the third act, once she figured out how to hurt him. I specifically remember thinking of that scene from the trailer and already knowing she was doomed before she even tried her "plan."

On a lighter note, as soon as I saw the title of this resurrected thread, I just KNEW which movie we'd be discussing lol. Again, I liked it okay, but it was definitely flawed.

6. JamalSpunky

No doubt. I was thinking of those terrible guilty pleasure originals that I used to catch during weekends on the Sci Fi Channel.

7. JamalSpunky

Thought the exact same thing when watching that last act !ive. It just goes to show the studios had so little to work with to entice audiences it had to resort to putting that moment in the final trailer.

8. meowkittenmeow

They needed a higher budget and a 2.5 hour running time. They could have really delved into the character, growing up, and the universe as a whole. That would have provided room for sequels.

9. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Oh they were clearly setting up sequels.

The Alex Jones-type YouTube host during the mid-credits scene mentioned an evil woman killing people with a rope and a half-man/half-fish guy. They were obviously setting up super dark versions of Wonder Woman and Aquaman, their twisted Justice League.

10. meowkittenmeow

They were, but unsuccessfully.

11. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Not gonna argue that lol

12. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. You just saved me from choosing the wrong flick. Been stuck in the crib for a couple of weeks and I'm getting out to the movies. Couldn't decide between this and John Wick 3. JW3 hear I come.

13. meowkittenmeow

I hear JW 3 is good. Enjoy!