The "Don't Waste Your Time and/or Money To See This Film" Thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bookworm616, May 13, 2011.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Dude all video game movies suck except maybe Street Fighter the animated movie.

2. The Dark King

I hate all horror flicks that incoporate the paranormal at this point. The idea that demons or ghost just want to wait around and fuck with us is lame and so over done. The last truly scary movie of that ilk that I liked was probably the Grudge. I can't even say the Ring anymore because after rewatching it I can't wrap my head around her watching the damn video after the kid said "They watched the video that when you watch it you die". Sorry white people but no black character would ever do that shit. Smdh

3. Brittney

Brittney Well-Known Member

Yeah, I liked that movie White Noise. It's been a long time since I watched it that I don't remember a lot except that I liked it and it made me cry/emotional, heh.

I was disappointed in that movie because I was expecting a lot more from all the hype. The ending was total fucking bullshit and pissed me off, like WTF? Seriously?! I couldn't believe it. I wasn't scared while I watched it, but sort of like Sin said, once I was lying alone in my bed at night in the dark my imagination went to work and I started scaring myself. To this day I make sure that the end of my blanket is tucked under my feet so it doesn't "blow" up or over and uncover my feet, heh. :smt108

My older brother says the same thing. But I like the Resident Evil movies. Mostly, I just like gore, heh.

The Grudge was the first movie that actually scared the shit out of me so much that I didn't want to watch it ever again. But I have since anyway.
    I don't hate all horror flicks that incorporate the paranormal, but I have started to avoid a lot of them (and lean more towards the gorey type of horror instead) after so many have just pissed me off because as someone who studies and researches paranormal/otherworldly type things, I just get disgusted with the ignorance. If I was going to make a movie about something, I'd put in a some research about that something, why can't others do the same? It just ruins it for me. :smt092

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

A smart ghost wouldn't be trying to get your feet. :smt077

5. The Dark King

You believe in the paranormal kid?

6. Brittney

Brittney Well-Known Member

Unless the incubus is into foreplay, then that'd be a good place to start. ;)

Yes. Paranormal, supernatural, metaphysical, parapsychological, transcendental, etc etc. I'm a big weirdo. Well, I don't know if I believe in it as much as I just like to study and research it and like to keep an open mind about it. :)

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

A ghost doesn't have time for foreplay. A ghost want's to get the goods and be out. A ghost has other people to haunt, don't you know. :cool:

8. The Dark King

Fair enough. Keep us posted on your findings it might be interesting.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

If you saw Thor that's currently playing in theaters that a high quality movie deserving of Oscar nominations compared to this SyFy channel version that came out the same week. That's saying something about a movie when wrestler Kevin Nash as Odin is the best performance in the whole movie.

[​IMG]

10. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

But Richard Grieco is in it!! LOL. How could it be bad??

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Richard Grieco as a pastey faced spikey haired Loki. Not pretty. Hard times must be a mother I guess.

12. The Dark King

The kid from home improvement too. It was aweful

13. Rayban Man

Rayban Man New Member

Richard Grieco is this generations Humphrey Bogart, and I wont sit idly by as his name and professional reputation is besmirched.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Shit, Bogart was man enough not to go out in a cheesy movie looking like this dawg....

[​IMG]

15. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Damn. Hard times, indeed.

You saw it, too?

Besmirched? Love that word!!

16. Rayban Man

Rayban Man New Member

Oscar snub bruh

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I'm a big George Romero fan, but have to say both Diary of the Dead & Survival of the Dead sucked ass big time. He should have just retired the Dead series at Land of the Dead.

18. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Co-Co!!!!!

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I think this needs to be your new official avi....:cool:

[​IMG]

20. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I KNEW you were going to do that! Love it!!!!!!:prayer: