The "Don't Waste Your Time and/or Money To See This Film" Thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bookworm616, May 13, 2011.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Well you're the one who mentioned you liked Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends awhile back and you are going "Co-Co" so....:smt110

2. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Yep - and you posted her before.
    Love your memory!
    XOX

3. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]AUUYWOTkL1U[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]8f2yBxhi59E&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

4. Rayban Man

Rayban Man New Member

^^Awesome!

One of my fav cartoons as well.

5. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

I'm with you, it was terrible. Not at all my kind of humour.

Now that was a shit movie.

I'm still going to see Bridesmaids, it's got some awesome actors in it and the trailer had me laughing out loud, so I feel optimistic. Not sure about the "fat girl" character though, she seems a little too "dumb-humour" for my liking...

Oh and "Something Borrowed"......... uuuuhhhh, don't waste your freakin' money. The most drawn out, clichéd shit I've seen in a while!

6. karmacoma.

karmacoma. Well-Known Member

Leave Booker alone! LOL

7. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I was defending him! LOL.

8. karmacoma.

karmacoma. Well-Known Member

I love you Bookie.

9. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

Lol I made 2 attempts to watch that one and both times ended up falling asleep.It literally bored me to sleep. Glad I watched it at home and didn't spend any money on it in a movie theater

10. Bookworm616

Awwww...thanks Karma! Right back at ya! ;-)

11. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Agreed. Totally overrated. In my opinion The Matrix is the greatest movie ever made

13. hntr18

hntr18 Well-Known Member

your both crazy awesome movie set the standard for the genre one of the best movies ever

14. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

It may have set the standard for other movies of its kind to follow, but it doesn't excuse the fact that it's grossly overrated. The movies were really good, I'll admit. But people threw a hissy shit and claim it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. That, in of itself, put the franchise into a major overrated bonanza.

15. Bookworm616

I really wanted to see this movie in the theater, but didn't get around to it. Thank GOD I didn't spend even $6 on seeing it. It was terrible!

[​IMG]

For being the subject of the dilemma, Kevin James' character was really not even needed. There were a couple of funny spots, but mostly, it's not worth your time. I got it for a buck at Redbox. I'm happy I only paid that much.

16. whikle

whikle Well-Known Member

This I will agree with you on.

I didn't end up seeing Bridesmaids in the US thinking I'd catch it back in Aus.... it's not even released here yet :rolleyes:

17. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

think bridesmaids is released this weekend or next week. i'm going to see it as well

18. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Priest (w/ Paul Bettany): I love sci-fi/fantasy/horror and the manga concept was okay, but I DEFINITELY could have waited to see this on DVD, the way I did with the last flick of his that I saw (Legion).

19. Bookworm616

Bump.

I wanted to see this movie because Karl Urban is in it. I ended up not seeing it in the theater. I rented it. It WAS terrible.

Some more movies that you shouldn't waste your time on:

[​IMG]

I rented it because Karl Urban is the star. It's so bad. It's not even worth watching for him. I don't know what it is about Native American actors in movies (who play Native Americans), their performances are always so wooden. And there was this really weird scene in it where Karl Urban's character was under water and he sees a vision of his dead tribal chief (whom he has a conversation with) and Karl's character says something like: but I'm going to die. The dead chief shrugs his shoulders and says, "how do you think I feel?"

Really? Terrible. I could write much better dialogue.

20. Bookworm616

I just watched this movie last night:

[​IMG]

It was talked about so much during Oscar season that I really wanted to see it. Well, the movie is TERRIBLE. OMG. Half of the movie has no dialogue. Which wouldn't be bad if the images on screen were even remotely interesting.

There is one scene where they show him running through the city. I finally fast forwarded through it because it goes on for well over two minutes. It's just him running. Another scene, his sister is singing "New York, New York" super duper slow and we actually hear her sing the song in its entirety.

I finally started fast forwarding through it because the movie was ridiculously dull. I can't believe it rates 80% on Rotten Tomatoes. I don't direct but I could have directed a far superior film and am still scratching my head wondering how this movie could have been talked about so much during the Oscars.

I was bored out of my skull. The movie actually makes sex addiction look DULL. WTF??