The Last Dance Docuseries

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tp480, May 11, 2020.

1. tp480

tp480 Well-Known Member

Was never a Jordan superfan however I have always acknowledged him as the g.o.a.t. This docuseries is fire!! What do others think?

2. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

I’ve watched every episode & it’s been legit. I’ve been looking forward to this thing for about two years now. It’s great that they not only focused on MJ but all the important people of this dynasty. The shits been hilarious too with plenty of memes coming outta MJs interviews. Can’t wait for the last two episodes.

3. tp480

tp480 Well-Known Member

I like the fact that nothing is being sugar coated or fluffed over. Raw uncut emotion.

4. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

Yup it’s awesome. Makes me respect MJ even more. Some of the Scottie Pippen stuff made me realize just how undervalued he was.

5. tp480

tp480 Well-Known Member

Mj doesn’t win championships without Scottie or Phil Jackson as coach. The fact that Scottie at one point was one of the lowest paid players in the league in the late 90s was a crime.

6. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

Hell yea it is. Scottie easily is one of the 5 best all around players in the 90s period. He got his money when he was traded to Houston but by then his prime was done.

7. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I remember many thought Pippen was overrated. I didn't agree. He and MJ obviously made for a great 1-2, and he definitely should've gotten paid (more).

8. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I've only seen through episode 5 so far, and I'm loving it! I love basketball, and MJ is and probably always will be my favorite player ever. I used to have posters (including a lifesize one) of him all over the place. lol The Bulls from that era are my favorite team; so many amazingly talented individuals on that team (including Phil), and it's awesome hearing their stories. I'm enjoying the hell out of watching the old footage too, and the 90s game footage brings back so many great memories for me, especially that first championship win. It was such an awesome time! lol

9. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

I wish I was born just a few years earlier to experience that era. I wasn’t watching MJ until around Space Jam dropped lol. I did get to see him play one game in DC when he was with the Wiz and he had them old man hops... lol. Still tho it was awesome to see the GOAT regardless. The doc was dope from start to finish I ran that whole thing back the other day cuz I was bored lol.

10. Tamstrong

It was definitely amazing to experience. Lol. No doubt it was awesome to see him, "old man hops" and all. lol I'm hoping to have them finished this weekend.

11. DudeNY12

It was good. Watching the Bulls is when I realized I was truly a sports fan vs a fan of particular teams. I rooted for NY teams as I still do, but I so appreciate the talent of those elite players. I loved the NBA of that era as they PLAYED 'da damn game. It was physical without so much drama we see nowadays. I was always amazed at how MJ defied gravity over and over again. It's like he had an anti-gravity bubble around him that activated at will

Yeah, he was done by the time he came to the Wizards. So were many of the old time greats. Sadly, I think you missed a great era with greats like MJ, Karl Malone, Ewing, Magic, Stockton, Bird, Barkley, Drexler, Hakeem, Erving, Jabber and lots more

12. Tamstrong

I know what you mean. I always loved basketball, but after seeing the Bulls/MJ play that love grew to a whole new level. I loved the NBA best then too; so many great players back in the day. Agreed, other than Dirty Detroit who took shit too far, the game was played how it should've been played. MJ's game performance was always a work of art to me. ?

13. DudeNY12

OMG! Yes, those Pistons. I respected Isiah Thomas' ability but was never a fan. At the time one of my friends didn't care for Bill Laimbeer either.

Do you remember the "good guy" Tim Duncan used to get away with alot? I also hated the cheap fouls Reggie Miller would draw by routinely sticking his leg when he jumped for a shot

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  14. Tamstrong

I wasn't a fan of Thomas or Laimbeer; they pissed me off just looking at 'em. lol Yep, I remember. smh Bunch of chickenshit twats.

15. DudeNY12

IKR! That's so cool that you were a NBA fan. The early 80s were my HS years, and had a g/f who watched games with me. My brother would often do friendly teasing because he didn't know any female sports fans, and her appearance was this girly Latina. Sounds like you and I may have been friends at the least (if there weren't like 10 states separating us:D). I was also into football, and baseball. Nowadays, I can rarely get with baseball, but can't get enough of the NFL and college ball.

16. Tamstrong

Thanks. :D IMO there's no better sport. Yes indeed; I always liked hanging out with folks who appreciated watching a good basketball game. ;) I'm not as into football, and baseball bored me to death (other than neighborhood games where fights would always break out, lol). The most I was ever into football was when my son played in high school. While baseball and football weren't my faves, I'm not ashamed to admit that I did enjoy checking out the players butts. :D

17. DudeNY12

Yup! That's a big part of why baseball faded away for me. Such a long game with so little action. Sometimes you could see something exciting like a play at the (home) plate, but truly the entire game could pass with no real action. With basketball, it's hard to even look away briefly, and bathroom trips are only during commercials:). We were all set for March Madness at a friend's house (his basement has 7 TVs, and the bar is ALWAYS stocked with kegs, and hard liquor) as COVID-19 was finally being taken seriously here. Here's a pic showing the main 5 TVs... IMG_3060m.JPG

18. Tamstrong

Agreed & agreed. Ooh, nice. That's a pretty sweet setup. :) It's a shame that covid messed everything up.

19. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Clearly one of the best in-depth documentaries that I've ever seen in any format. ESPN definitely put some serious production value into this project.

Even if you weren't a Bulls fan it was compelling television at it's finest and it was as informative as it was entertaining.

Even if you grew up a Cavaliers fan and he knocked you outta the playoffs on numerous occasions, you had to respect M.J.

20. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

Damn, I knew that shit hurt.