The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I know right

It's Hollywood tho

They're going buck wild with ethnicities

2. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I think it was the beginning of the last season.

3. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I think I saw the 2nd season when Michael Ealy's character is out of prison and moves into the building where the single mother lived in. It was a well-crafted show and it was, indeed, timely.

4. orejon4

Yes. The acting and plot were gripping.

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Big Hero 6: The first animated feature from Disney which takes actual characters from the Marvel Comics Universe - a somewhat obscure Japanese based team of superheroes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. orejon4

Anyone catching any of SyFy's 'Dominion' or 'Defiance'? Each show is only in its 3rd week and the first two episodes of both can be caught tonight at 8pm.

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I watched the first episode of each when they premiered. Dominion seems a bit interesting if somewhat formulaic. I lost interest in Defiance mid-way during it's first season & only tuned in to see if the new twists they've been hinting at would get me back. I'll give them both a few more episodes before deciding if I'll continue watching.

The new show I'm interested in seeing however is FX's vampire plague series "The Strain" based on the novel trilogy created by writer/director Guillermo del Toro (Hellboy 1&2, Blade 2, Pan's Labyrinth, Pacific Rim ) & writer Chuck Hogan that premieres some time next month.

8. orejon4

I can't wait, either. The comics were great!

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Looks like Constantine is going to be my new favorite show. The first episode is really dope.

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]vZEAblK9Qrk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]MFuZUv5miRI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]wpf4ORAykk8[/YOUTUBE]

11. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I'm ready to check this out

12. orejon4

So noted.

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Better than shield I hope

:smt043

14. The Dark King

Shield has potential but I don't know if they have the right writers. The same people did Dollhouse and that shit sucked

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

First official reveal of Henry Cavell's modified Superman look for Batman vs Superman.

[​IMG]

16. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I can't wait for this movie!! Keep us updated Ra!

17. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Both of these shows got better as the season went on. Agents of Shield got good about the last third of the season. All of Whedon's shows are like that. They start out slow and boring. But, what they are doing is set up different plot threads. Then, in the later half of the season, it gets good. Buffy, Angel and Firefly were the same way, too. Though, to be honest, I never warmed up to Firefly.

Looking forward to the next season of Agents of Shield if keeps going like the end of season one, it will be good.

18. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

This should be interesting....

19. The Dark King

Bite your tongue Buffy was dope from the beginning sir.
    I'll give you Shield but outside of the final two episodes of season 1 Dollhouse sucked bad. Wasn't a fan of Firefly but really liked Serenity

20. orejon4

Et tu, Brute?