The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

come again? lol

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Welcome back.

3. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

From William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar. It was Caesar's last words when he saw Marcus Brutus and his involvement after he and others murdered Caesar. Et tu, Brute means , " You, too, Brutus?"

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  4. The Dark King

Thanks fam

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Anytime, bro.

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

From Superman to the Atom: One time big screen Superman, Brandon Routh has been tapped to play scientist Ray Palmer in a recurring role on the upcoming third season of the CW Arrow series.

[​IMG]

7. The Dark King

Big step down

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

He can't get another well established character. Once you've played THE BIG GUN superhero in a movie that's viewed as a fail, you're not ever getting cast as another top tier comic character again. Unless he gets nominated for or wins an Oscar for some future role, he's done getting any top superhero character roles.

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The Atom may be a bite-sized superhero, but one cannot deny that that he can do big things. I guess Brandon Routh, like every actor, needs the work. And with the technology of today, it is all possible. He, too could make a good Prince Namor or a young Reed Richards in his college years(if another Fantastic Four is made and Ioan Gruffod forsakes the role) if he went to Marvel.

10. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Always felt bad for him. He was good. It was Brian Singer's vision of what a Superman movie should be that was effed up. Singer should give him starring roles in like 3 of his next films for effing over that man's career like that.

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I saw nothing really wrong with Superman Returns. Brandon Routh looked eerily like Christopher Reeve and Kevin Spacey was perfect as Lex Luthor. Actors Jack Larson(he played an old bartender) and Noelle Neill(played Lex Luthor's dying relative)(played Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane in the show The Adventures Of Superman) were in the film. Parker Posey channeled Valerie Perrine's Eve Teschmacher(it seemed a little annoying). For some reason, I wanted more than the premise that the world had moved on without Superman. I liked the line spoken by Superman to Lois Lane that goes," You say this world no longer needs a savior. But everyday I hear someone calling out for one." That line stuck with me. The Kryptonite Island was an interesting threat and Superman made the sacrifice to save Metropolis. The child who happened to be his son was a bit too soon(in the comics, Superman and Lois eventually did adopt a Kryptonian orphan, I think) fulfilling the Kryptonian prophecy of "The Father Becomes The Son. The Son Becomes The Father." I would've expected Doomsday to be in this film. It was ripe for that. But, Singer gave us what he felt was a new phase in the life of Superman.

12. samson1701

[​IMG]

13. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Actor Robbie Amell, former star of the recently canceled CW series The Tomorrow People and cousin of Arrow lead Stephen Amell, has already landed a new acting gig by joining the cast of the new CW The Flash series in the recurring role of Ronnie Raymond, better known as one half of the fusion hero Firestorm. He is currently set to debut in the third episode of the upcoming season.

Raymond is said to be a S.T.A.R. Labs maintenance worker and Dr. Caitlin Snow’s fiancé, who played an integral part in the particle accelerator accident that transformed Barry Allen into The Flash in this series & is a slight deviation from his comic book counterpart. Is Jason Rusch, the other half of the current Firestorm fusion far behind?

[​IMG]

15. samson1701

Namor would have the same problem as Aquaman in that environment.

16. MilkandCoffee

They're both overspecialized if you ask me. His character and all incarnations will always have terrain issues. The young justice aqualad's powers aren't as situational but his full potential can only be achieved in water.

I always thought they should revamp aquaman with powers similar to Storm from X-men.

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Latest Gimmick Stunts from Marvel.....

Sam Wilson aka the Falcon is the new Captain America....

[​IMG]

and Thor gets booted as "God of Thunder" and replaced with an all new female character......

[​IMG]

18. MilkandCoffee

Black CA isn't all that new, but female Thor is a surprise. Wonder how the fanbase is taking that.

19. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

If Steve Rogers wanted to pass the torch to someone, it would be to Sam Wilson. A good move in my opinion.

A female Thor would be interesting. This one would not only kick some major league ass, but she would find delight in battle.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Both replacements are needless stunts IMO. It was just a few years ago that they did the whole "Death of Captain America" thing and made Bucky Barnes aka the Winter Soldier, the new Captain America (never mind the whole replacing Steve Rogers as Captain America back in the 80's by the guy now known as US Agent) before Rogers eventually came back and reclaimed the mantle. If they wanted to give Sam Wilson some much needed spotlight then they could have just given him his own series as the Falcon and went from there. Same with this new female replacement. They are moving the original male Thor in a new direction, so he's not actually going away. He's just no longer "God of Thunder" in the Marvel Universe & carrying his own book.