The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Dragon Age looks sick, but I haven't got around to playing it yet.

I've always wanted to play this game. Don't know why I just don't go up to Gamestop and drop a few bucks on it. Think I might thins week. And it is Bioware so no need to convince me any further. And yeah, I like direct control over a character in an RPG, like Fallout of Mass Effect.

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

shit you got direct control alright

none of that point-click, wait two more seconds until my next attack.:cool:

but yeah, BIO-WARE is TRUTH

they hit nothing but net when they drop RPG stylez

you can probably cop that for like 5 bucks, bargain bin xbox or something man

i'd definitely recommend a play through.

As for Dragon-Age, it's old school medieval stuff, but everything is voice acted and the convos are like mass effect, with you able to say different stuff. The fighting is fast paced too, for a fantasy RPG. I dont know how you missed that :smt011

3. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

I was broke when Dragon Age came out and then a bunch of other games that were on my list had to be bought first. Mass Effect 2 was one of them. Played through it twice. Gonna try to squeeze one more playthrough in.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]mxK3ORbniXM?fs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]RwGl6vRJtEs?fs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]kDheMSFWx_g?fs[/YOUTUBE]

5. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Looks pretty cool. The voice acting sounds really well done.

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]HlvXSSyfkHQ?fs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]_zuMS_m3UFE?fs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]vTE9RPOz1k0?fs[/YOUTUBE]

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Avengers? I might have to get up on that.

I love the superhero stuff.

This is the latest Final Fantasy I seen
    [YOUTUBE]MvkhALO49X0[/YOUTUBE]

wasnt bad. wasn't really good either. I guess it's because 'next-gen' videogames have graphics that look just like these movies, and have really good storylines to boot.

We're all spoiled now.

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Agree on Advent Children. The CGI animation was the only thing that made it worth watching because the storyline wasn't that great.

9. TheHuntress

TheHuntress Well-Known Member

In terms of accuracy, I was talking about the weaponry. That's my old roommates biggest complaint with CoD, too. I forget which one we played, but he was really annoyed because WWII sniper guns could only shoot but so far, and in the game they were just taking people out. He loves history, and he was really disappointed with that because it seemed so fundamental.

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

a scoped lee-enfield used by british soldiers, was good for about 500-600 meters, so i'm not sure what your friend was talking about. In battlefield:Europe, these guns are modeled to similar specs. Tons of research has went, and still goes into the game (from devs and the community historians), so if a guy is killing me at 700 yards with one, I'd believe it was able to do so in real life.

In fact, a lee-enfield rifle would rival many modern weapons in terms of distance and accuracy. Remember, these were rifles, not old flint-lock muskets.:D

11. Redeemed One Jr

Redeemed One Jr Active Member

Awesome stuff! now i'm even more ready for the Avengers movie! The intro. music was great too. I think this may be one of the better animated projects of Marvel yet.

12. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I got to admit I never thought the users put so much thought into games that developers made.

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]wWjkT8zd7w8?fs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]kFGv4esE3bE?fs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]tRebiC9rvEc?fs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]baByi__JCs4?fs[/YOUTUBE]

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Coming to HBO spring 2011 the sword and sorcery series A Game of Thrones adapted from the first novel in author George R.R. Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice series.

[​IMG]

[YOUTUBE]psbBi7dLnT4[/YOUTUBE]

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

This game is a mmo and mmos live off of their subscribers. So, as you can imagine, these guys tend to keep a close ear to the community and what people say. If people find faults and back them up with factual evidence, stuff gets changed. From turret traverse on tiger tanks, to penetration values of aphe against hard targets, everything is constantly looked at and scrutinized.

16. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I was a bit disappointed but then again I was disappointed with the first episodes of justice league and that blew me away. I'll be waiting to be impressed. I liked this robin because he wasn't so obsessed as teen titans.

Superboy got too much attitude and needs to be put in check. It's just a matter of time before that happens. I'm still waiting on speedy and artemis to show up.

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Most of the people that I know who read or use to read comics who watch any of the superhero related animated shows seem to initially be disappointed with the shows, but get more into them once the shows have reached their stride. I've heard people say this at first with Justice League and I've recently heard it with the new Avengers cartoon before they start getting the feel of the show. I think it is because by way of the comics medium, most people "see and hear" the characters a certain way in their heads and when characters are brought to life via animation and designs as well character histories/backgrounds are sometimes altered for animated series it takes awhile for people to connect and adjust because of what they have in their heads regarding the characters, especially if the characters do not act/sound the way they themselves imagined the characters would act/sound like in their heads.

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

This is far more superior to the Avengers animated series that was produced back in the late 90's/early 2000's. Hopefully this series gets picked up for 2 or 3 more seasons.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

G.I. Joe Resolute. Anime Movie 10 mini episodes.

This is more darker and grittier than the normal G.I. Joe cartoons. Character actually die. Will try to post two episodes a day until all ten episodes are up.

[YOUTUBE]7DJAZCHeUXE?fs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]1cO0A2j61P4?fs[/YOUTUBE]

20. Redeemed One Jr

Redeemed One Jr Active Member

I tell ya', these were pretty good too! It's good to know that good quality cartoons can still be produced these days. It's obvious that studios and producers can do great work when they try hard enough. i.e. decent budget, writers, actors, etc.