The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

People are speculating on whether or not he will do Avengers 3. Because of Don Cheadle's War Machine being in Avengers 2 & rumors that the status quo of the team will change by movie's end, some people think Tony Stark may be killed off in Avengers 2, leading to War Machine taking his place on the team.

2. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Afflek will be great in the role. He's a good actor and, of all the actors who've played Batman, he's the only one who physically looks menacing. Dude is huge. The guy looks like he could actually be Batman. We've never had that. All the other actors had to hide behind the costume. And let's be honest, had you ran into any of them dressed as Batman you wouldn't find them the least bit intimidating. But, Ben? With his size, you'd hope he's just some guy playing dress up and not intending to do you any bodily harm. That factor alone will translate spectacularly on film.

3. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

4. Morning Star

Finally, someone with some sense and not wearing bat-fan goggles.

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I agree. Ben Affleck will do very well as Batman and he looks like he would give Henry Cavill's Superman one hell of a fight. I think Henry Cavill will have to bulk up compared to Ben Affleck. Affleck is bigger than Cavill.

6. samson1701

Fam, I've been a Batman fan for as long as I can remember. People still buy me Batman stuff as presents. Although, I have to admit, I haven't been collecting the comics for about a decade. But, I'm going to start reading them again. I hear great things about the Court Of Owls storyline.

7. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen mr. pickles on adult swim?

What do you think of it?

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Got damn between arrow and the flash, I'm in nerd heaven

Gotham's alright but a Gotham show without batman is meh

9. archangel

I wish they had gone back to the old flash tv show back in the 90's. I'm not a fan of this flash.

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Way to stay stuck back in time

:p

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Well if it helps the old flash is in the new one has his father.

12. The Dark King

I actually like Gotham they just need some better fight scenes.
    Arrow and flash were two shows I would have never seen coming but I love them.
    Speaking of spinoffs the first episode of The Originals was the best premiere so far.

13. archangel

It doesn't. I'm probably just getting old. I liked the calmness and thinking where as this flash is too energetic(Is that the word I am looking for?)

I feel like he is wally and not Barry.

14. samson1701

Gotham needs to tone it down a bit. Make it more of a gritty cop drama set in world where superheroes could happen. Much like the Dark Knight Returns. But, it's worth watching.

Arrow and Flash? All I have to say is, "... you have failed this city!" Oh, and, " Run, Barry. Run!" ...lol

The Originals? Man, Klause is a beast! Ruthless as hell. But Marcel (the brotha') stays white girl deep. Great show.

15. The Dark King

I know love that the black dude is a heart throbe for once banging every piece of pretty blonde tail in sight lol
    I love that you have failed this city line. Kind of makes me hope there really is an Arrow out there right in wrongs

16. The Dark King

Interesting take. Give it time let's see how they do with the writing

17. Morning Star

Braniac might be the villain for Justice League Movie

Braniac Might by Justice League Villain

Comic book fans everywhere are hoping to see details of Batman V Superman leak their way into the public eye, but it seems that a major rumor concerning DC and WB’s upcoming team-up film – Justice League – has just been dropped. The rumors of what villain will require Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and more to join forces have ranged from Doomsday to Darkseid, but it sounds like classic comic book villain Brainiac may actually be the frontrunner.

The rumor was dropped during the most recent edition of SchmoesKnow‘s Meet The Press Podcast, where LatinoReview‘s El Mayimbe claimed that his sources inform him that while secrets swirl over just who will be doing the fighting in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, the studio seems to have their minds made up over their next ‘big bad’:

“I’m told the set up is in Batman V Superman. The rumor is that Brainiac is going to be the bad guy in Justice League. And the set up of it is cool: remember how the Kryptonian beacon that Clark set off brought Zod to Earth? Brainiac heard it as well. That’s what I’m hearing… Basically Brainiac is going to be set up somehow at the end of Batman V Superman, from what I’m hearing, and then it goes into Justice League.”

It’s not the first time we’ve heard of Man of Steel being used to plant seeds for a future DC shared universe: many fans spotted the Wayne Enterprises logo confirming Bruce Wayne’s role in the film’s universe, and just recently a rumor was dropped that the film also included a reference to Aquaman as well. And all things considered, the decision to include Brainiac as a central villain isn’t entirely shocking.

We’ve already outlined the reasons why Brainiac would be on the shortlist of Justice League villains, citing not just his strengths and relationship to modern themes of pursuing knowledge and mastery of technology, but the fact that he, too, owes his origins to the Kryptonian society already detailed in Man of Steel.

Hailing from Krypton, the being known as Brainiac is, as his name implies, a genius-level intelligence (it was the comic’s writers that actually coined the term). The character has been changed plenty of times since first published, with the most recent New 52 version changing his origin to that of a brilliant alien, eventually shown as a sentient AI. And with his ties to both Lex Luthor and his Kryptonite-powered henchman Metallo, it’s not a stretch to think that those same plot beats could be adapted at least in part for Batman V Superman, thus revealing his existence for the following team-up movie.

Even with all that evidence and reasoning, it’s still wise to exercise some patience. After all, the same outlet (although not necessarily the same sources) previously reported that Darkseid would play the villain in Justice League. At that time, fans voiced their belief that the character was too powerful or far-reaching to be used so soon, and in the end, that appears to be the case. The general sentiment to Brainiac’s involvement is far more believable, so the odds here seem better.

What do you think of Brainiac potentially going toe to toe with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and whoever else ends up introduced by the time the film reaches theaters? Is there another DC Comics villain you would rather see take on the film universe’s best and brightest?

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice arrives on March 25th, 2016.

Seems like a pretty legit explanation. And quite frankly, Superman's foes have always been larger than large in many respects. With the DC universe being the dark superhero part, in contrast to the light-hearted, yet still dark edges Marvel Cinematic Universe, it would be interesting to see whether the JL movie can hold its own on the epic scope, much like the Avengers did when they brought the heroes together to face Loki.

I have nothing but hope for this movie to succeed and really give some competition to the Marvel Movieverse. I love both companies and how the movies bring the characters to light. But somehow, people do have unrealistic expectations to bring these movies in the eyes that they can muster.

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]enOHraf3LEk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]FUDHcuLnMVc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]cgzh2BeFBQE[/YOUTUBE]

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Netflix Daredevil Look Revealed......

.....looks like they are going for a pre-costume look ala Frank Miller & John Romita Jr's "Man Without Fear" origin mini-series.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. samson1701

I'm guessing his costume will evolve into the classic red one we all know and love. But, I hope they show the red and yellow suit some love, too. Just a quick nod would be cool.