The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

t reminds me of the Daredevil costume worn by Rex Smith in The Trial Of The Incredible Hulk.

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Netflix and comic heroes

Two of my favorite things meet

3. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

That was actually a pretty sweet TV movie for its time. But, the one they did with Thor and The Hulk was garbage.

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The actor who played Donald Blake was decent. I thought it was a clever touch by having Blake appear to David Banner as a former student of his. The actor who played Thor was physically right for the part and he was pretty funny(It was also the first film in which Stan Lee makes an appearance, in which he plays a juror when Banner does a Hulkout. Lee jumped over the jury bench, but it was reshot because it was considered a physical stunt and Lee was not a stunt man. A stunt man jumped in Lee's place). John Rhys-Davies was fair as Wilson Fisk, the Kingpin. But, overall, it was too much like a comic book than a drama like The Death Of The Incredible Hulk.

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lou ferringo is a god

End of story

Ps I like the look of plain clothes Murdock in the screenshot preview

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I think it was one season and it was cancelled just when the writing was getting better. John Wesley Shipp said that after the running sequences are filmed he would sweat a lot and the suit would be weighed down(it was said that Shipp ran track in college). He would squeeze a part of the costume and sweat would pour out. The Flash is on DVD and so is the soundtrack with Danny Elfman's title theme and Shirley Walker's music(R.I.P., Shirley).

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Well, it is funny since Lou Ferrigno was the replacement for actor Richard Kiel(who supplied the opening voice over narration and Hulk's roar). Kiel had the height at over 7 foot, but while filming, it didn't look right. So, Lou Ferrigno came in and the rest is history. Lou Ferrigno even played as a bodybuilder in an episode and he advises David Banner about working out more. He even played Hercules(the Steve Reeves films inspired him to become a bodybuilder). The film sucked, but Lou played his part.

10. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

To me, Shirley Walker will forever be remembered as the composer behind my favorite movie of all time...

[YOUTUBE]HI-mDTdeKR8[/YOUTUBE]

But damn, both Walker and Elfman are/were fine composers!

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Wendy Carlos(born Walter Carlos. Carlos had a sex change) and Erika Eigen(uncredited additional music) were behind the score to A Clockwork Orange.

Shirley Walker's film works were in films like Memoirs Of An Invisible Man, Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm(her best score. Hands down. Hans Zimmer worked with her as a keyboardist on that score), Final Destination films, HBO's Spawn(animated), Escape From L.A. and others. She shined when composing for superheroes like Batman and Superman. While Danny Elfman composed the original score that Shirley had conducted for the film, Shirley made Batman her own. For Superman, I hear some of Aaron Copland's Fanfare For The Common Man in the long version of the title theme. She made it her own. And she gave equal time to the villains like The Joker. For The Flash, the Trickster's theme had a very unique tone to it). In the late 1980's Danny Elfman, after leaving Oingo Boingo(the group that had a song called Goodbye, Goodbye that was played at the end credits of Fast Times At Ridgemont High, and another song in the film Caddyshack) hit it big with Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Big Top Pee Wee, The Simpson's, Tales From The Crypt, Beetlejuice, Back To School, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands, Darkman and various television and film works . In 1992, Elfman was the hottest film composer that year and he keeps on working, although he has slowed down a little bit with scores like Dead Presidents, Milk, A Simple Plan, Hulk, and Dark Shadows.

12. Morning Star

Oh shit....sorry about that. My mistake. Thanks for the correction.

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Not a thing, MS.

14. Morning Star

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]znzD0fY9I2U[/YOUTUBE]

17. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I just played star trek online with a nice learning curve. I am sure I will get it in time.

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

It's pretty fun

I used to fly the Atrox carrier for the federation

Love launching smaller ships into battle while I read the forum

:eek:

For a free game it's pretty smooth

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Anyone else catch the accidentally leaked Avengers 2 : Age of Ultron trailer before it was taken down? Next week is suppose to be the official release for it.

20. Morning Star

Just watched it. It made my dick really hard just about now.