The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. MixedSuperman

MixedSuperman Member

The new52 is the best way to go imo. I believe this movie is going to be tbe building of trust and partnerships between the two. So that when they do come to blows i bet very briefly it will have some weight. So far they haven't mentioned if batman knows about superman in mos so we can assume he learns of him in this movie. This story is going to continue into the justice league movie so by the time justice league is over batman would have proven superman and then we get to the brother like relationship we know. But that has to start somewhere.

2. MixedSuperman

MixedSuperman Member

If u ask me its bc clark grew up on earth with no knowledge of what was happening to him. His powers were maybe depending on his age as they came slowly. Zod was already an aldult when he arrived so his body may have been able to adapt more quickly. With that being said clark had more knowledge on how to use said powers which is why he was able to win. For example zod was a warrior on the battlefield in krypton not a street fight on earth. Maywether may be a beast but u get him on the street where anything goes and suddenly hes not so legendary.

3. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

In the two-part animated Dark Knight film, Batman was prepping for a fight with Superman(who became a right-wing stooge) and he gives Superman a run for his money(along with Oliver Queen and a Kryptonite tipped arrow) until he "died." Superman says, "Bruce, your heart!"

Superman is aware that Batman has a supply of Kryptonite in his possession and he trusts Batman to use it against him. Sort of a "No one stops me but Batman" moment. But in a fight, that is all Batman needs to stop Superman.

4. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

That's the likely outcome since that movie will be the set up for the upcoming Justice League movie, as you've stated in this post. Well stated, my friend.

Right. Basically, Superman just let Batman win since it Supes have the tendency to hold back a lot. I think he understands that, both as someone he admires and trusts, which is no easy feat and I think Batman could see that altogether.

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I think Batman is aware that Superman could kill him if he didn't hold back in battle. Superman is aware that humans are fragile and he was raised to preserve life and not take it(Man Of Steel was a total departure to this rule when he kills General Zod. But it was Zod or the humans that Zod was about to kill). While Superman's compassion for life is considered a weakness that can easily be exploited(Darkseid exploits it a lot), it is one of his greatest strengths. Batman has the warrior's mindset, but, despite all his skill sets, Batman would never intentionally take a human life. He would not take Superman's life. He would only stop him with the Kryptonite.

6. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

7. Morning Star

Superman has killed before in the earlier days of the early comics, but I think with the movie, it has presented an extra layer of morality regarding the cost-benefit analysis - kill one to save many....which is unexpected on the Man of Steel's part, I know.

And Batman was known to kill in the early comics. However, that all changed when the writers decided that killing off characters would be redundant and ideas would run out.

8. Morning Star

9. MixedSuperman

MixedSuperman Member

I had no problem with superman killing in the situation that was presented. That has always been supermans golden rule. Instead of just following what came before it was nice to see where this golden rule originated from and how it will affect his mindset on the way to becoming the superman we know.

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Speaking of comics, all this talk is making me want to continue where I left off

Was last reading new 52 versions of justice league and green lantern

Now u see why I'm all nerdy over the live action DC shows

11. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I am holding out for forever evil on animated film. I got to admit that it was the first time I rooted for lex luthor.

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Yuck

Lol

13. archangel

sorry but that is wherre I started caring about the JL in new 52. I felt most of it was garbage until that lead up. I'm trying to figure out how batman will deal with lex not to mention the show down to get his son back.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Guess you haven't heard what they will be doing with Damien then. Stupid is all I can say.

15. archangel

I assume he will remain dead or become a bad guy.

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

No on both counts. Plus they decided to add an extra factor to make it even more stupid. Not saying what however in case anyone wants to remain in the dark, even though DC has already let the cat out of the bag.

17. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Of course, that was before Doomsday, a fellow Kryptonian.

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange? Nothing confirmed yet but early speculation has surfaced that Marvel has him in final talks for the role.

[​IMG]

19. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remembered being shocked when I read the early Batman comic collections. I was very surprised at how much of a psychotic killer Joker was as opposed to how he was portrayed on the tv show and cartoons.

20. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Good choice. I hope they don't try to make him do an American accent.