The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Totally badass
    It's rare when I totally root for the villain
    [YOUTUBE]HgT1gtdC-PE[/YOUTUBE]

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

That Alfred was portrayed by the late great Michael Gough. His Alfred was a man whose duty was to the Wayne family and he had served them faithfully. Michael Caine's Alfred was portrayed as a war veteran. According to Caine, he saw Alfred as a man who is good at anticipating everything to serve. In the British Royal Army(in which Caine had served), Alfred served as a cook for the officers. This cook was called a 'batman'.

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

5. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Naruto Manga ends....
    not much going to be in anime anymore.

6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I recall some years ago, a black man built a Batmobile-like vehicle and even dressed like Batman and drove around the city helping people in need. I forgt which city it was. He would do things like give up some of the fuel on his vehicle to a stranded motorist and even give him money to get gas. I think the program this everyday hero was featured in was ABC's That's Incredible!

This Aussie guy deserves to be blessed.

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I once tried to get Billy Dee Williams' look. I was close but the whole thing with the process hair treatments cost over $175.00 per sitting. If Billy Dee Williams played Harvey Two-Face, he'd be pretty frightening. I guessed that Joel Schumacher cast Tommy Lee Jones because he had a lot of energy and timing and he and Jim Carrey as The Riddler were a good fit onscreen. Jones was simply not as frightening but he did play on leading a sense of false security. And as Two-Face's coin was his power and his weakness. Jones handled the role very well.

8. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]tumz1xnoJkc[/YOUTUBE]

NEXT DEATH BATTLE: KIRBY VS. MAJIN BUU

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Everyone that's been watching the Arrow series since day one knew sooner or later this would be coming: Laurel Lance as Black Canary...

[​IMG]

Now the next question : Will she eventually get the sonic powers as well?

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

You mean she doesn't stop trying to become a crime fighter after she gets beat up

:roll:

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

12. Morning Star

13. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

Codex Seraphinianus: A new edition of the strangest book in the world

Not sure if you guys/gals have heard of this before.

www.CodexSeraphinianus.org

"For anyone not familiar with it, The Codex Seraphinianus is a book written and illustrated by the Italian artist, architect and industrial designer Luigi Serafini during thirty months, from 1976 to 1978.[1] The book is approximately 360 pages long (depending on edition), and appears to be a visual encyclopedia of an unknown world, written in one of its languages, a thus-far thought to be undeciphered alphabetic writing."

[​IMG]

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/codex_seraphinianus_a_new_edition_of_the_strangest_book_in_the_world

14. archangel

Where is ironman?

He practically is another wolverine nowadays.

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

16. MixedSuperman

MixedSuperman Member

They're trying to keep the meta humans to a bear minimum on Arrow so i doubt it. Unless they have accident like on The Flash.

17. Morning Star

Without his suit, he's just another human. That's the same reason why Captain America isn't part of it either. Though at peak performance, his durability is the same as anyone when shot with a gun.

18. archangel

In the extremis version, he has healing powers and the suit is within his bones.
    Maybe the classic version is what they wanted to stick to.

19. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

She could have been in Central City that night for some reason.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Keywords : Bare Minimum. I could see them doing it and putting up some type of limit to how & when she would use her sonic scream in order to keep to the whole spirit of limited metahuman abilities. Something along the lines of prolonged use of her powers leads to permanent vocal cord damage so she uses it only in the most extreme life or death circumstances.