The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

2. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Gotham would work a lot better if it took a more serious tac. It should focus more on The Penguin's rise to power and Gordon's battle to clean up both the streets and the PD. Leave young Bruce out of most of it.touch on him every few episodes and that's it. This isn't a Batman story. Its about everything that came before.

Gotham should feel like The Shield, The Wire or an updated Boardwalk Empire with a little bit of True Detective thrown in except it would be set in the DC Universe. It should be that sophisticated.

With that said, it has gotten better. There is hope for it yet.

Flash, Arrow and MAOS are consistantly hitting it out of the park. Plus, we'll have Supergirl on deck soon and she'll be in the same universe as Flash and Arrow. This truly is TV's age of wonder.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Actor Robbie Amell teases his upcoming Firestorm costume for the Flash:

[​IMG]

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[YOUTUBE]N9qYF9DZPdw[/YOUTUBE]

Its not nerd until weird al says its nerd

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[​IMG]

Aahhh man....it just went gangsta up in herrrre

7. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Spidey is one of the main characters to this civil war coming.

8. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Marvel Wants Spider-Man, but not Andrew Garfield

Thanks to that massive Sony leak, we know there was talks about putting a deal on the table to finally (possibly eventually) have Spider-man join the rest of the Marvel Universe.

And while Marvel was potentially down for the giant money-making agreement, they would have ultimately re-cast the series current Spider-man: Andrew Garfield.

[​IMG]

The deal in the making was a 60/40 split, with Sony handling the distribution rights and Marvel taking over creative control of the character.

According to the Latino Review, if the deal were to go forward, it would be without Garfield and all the previous movies would be considered non-canonical.

Furthermore, the first look at Spider-man would feature none of the romance or teenage subplot and instead jump right into Parker leading his double life as a photographer and a super hero.

In essence, they would take over Peter Parker and give him a clean slate at the same time, but definitely not in the upcoming Civil War movie.

We can’t say we hate this idea. Our spidey senses are tingling.

9. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Thank god. Andrew sucks.

10. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Except all those shows are on cable and FOX is a broadcast net that can't get away with that stuff

11. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Sure they could. Just tone down the gore, no nudity but keep the complex story telling. Hell, they already are doing lesbian relationships on Gotham. And that's at the 8:00 prime family hour for TV.

As far as Spidey goes, I would hope they keep Garfield. He's great as the character. Way better than McQuire. Garfield's take on the character was very close the comic book.

12. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

They got Flash and Reverse Flash's costumes right, don't skimp on Firestorm's

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

14. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I can't wait for the CGI-generated flaming hair.

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

If I'm not mistaken all of the flames were already in

Portraying firestorm as a dual personality on the other hand....lol

I'd love to see how they handle that...assuming they're going to include that angle

This firestorm worked (i think) for star labs tho, so he may already possess the scientific knowledge needed to reach his potential. Maybe dc got rid of the need for a second mind to provide the intelligence.

16. orejon4

I have been remiss in watching Arrow, Flash, et al. The DC Universe was never my strong suit, but now that Disney is taking over the Star Wars Universe, away from Dark Horse, I may have to branch out.

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I haven't been the biggest fan of dc either....but then..I started playing dc universe online for playstation and fell in love with my green lantern character and the lore (light constructs? Fuck yeah!)

After that, I started downloading green lantern comics onto my iPad and haven't looked back

Unfortunately green lantern is a total gateway drug lol

Now I have all types of dc shit

18. orejon4

So noted. Up until now I have been all Dark Horse titles (Star Wars, Baltimore and the Hellboy universe) and anything involving Namor or Wolverine.

19. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

The do such a great job with the cartoon movies though. Have you guys seen the Dark Knight Returns or Son of Batman? So dope

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I seen a preview for assault on arkham on one of those netflix bluerays I had collecting dust

I haven't had a chance to rent it tho

As for movies..I had mask of the phantasm on VHS