The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Unfortunately self hate does exist...so it's good when people of color chose an avatar which reflects the way they look

:eek:

Fuck all the haters who try their best to get you to reject what god gave you

2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

throne of Atlantis.... so far best 52 movie yet. That's not saying much since son and war weren't all that great.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I actually enjoyed son.
    Throne of Atlantis had a really wack story line. Like I said earlier the whole movie could have been over if Atlantis just raised the water level. Didn't understand bringing a land army to fight people who live on land. Bring the fight to the water where they have no chance.

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Shhh ... You're not supposed to notice that kind of thing.

5. archangel

There is going to be a walking dead spin off. Not a fan of it being on the west coast but should be fun to watch if it is in the same spirit of the walking dead.

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

DCU returns this week on CW

SCWWWWWWIIIING

7. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Ghetto Nerds Unite

You guys have all probably heard of and/or listen to Chauncey de Vega's podcast and blog We Are Respectable Negroes, but I wanted to share it anyway. Chauncey covers many of the topics forum members discuss regularly, and I find it very enlightening. Give him a listen.

Plus, he's also an unabashed ghetto nerd, and regularly slips in items about sci-fi, popular culture and more. Check him out!

http://www.chaunceydevega.com/

Here's a link to audio from a recent podcast on race as a social construction:

http://toddcbritt.podomatic.com/entry/2015-01-19T23_24_50-08_00

8. The Dark King

Currently listening and enjoying the podcast but it always makes me think this is just another example of the echo chamber. This would be so much better if we could some how get the opposition to listen and digest this kind of thing.

9. orejon4

If we could, there wouldn't be much opposition, would there? Lol. I think the challenge is getting the mass that is outside of the political and educational process to hear. I don't think the opposition will ever allow this to sink in.

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Marvel had teased this for awhile, but today they made their reboot/condensing of all their comics official.

So apparently the new universe is going to be called "Battleworld"

[YOUTUBE]j7L6mDjQHNs[/YOUTUBE]​

11. orejon4

And comics junkies around the world pass out.

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I can barely keep up with DC...let alone marvel

13. The Dark King

I know this is political but I am so geeking out over this. Greatest drop the mic moment ever

[YOUTUBE]78cIAawNsyw[/YOUTUBE]

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

So basically they are just officially putting the final nail in the coffin, since the Marvel Universe has officially been dead more or less for about the last fifteen years or so.

15. archangel

diabolical :smt036

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

19. archangel

20. pettyofficerj