The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Marvel & Sony Make Deal to Bring SPIDER-MAN to the Marvel Cinematic Universe

[​IMG]

Press Release

Marvel's Kevin Feige to Produce Next Installment of the Spider-Man Franchise with Amy Pascal

(Culver City, California, and Burbank, California February 09, 2015) – Sony Pictures Entertainment and Marvel Studios announced today that Sony is bringing Marvel into the amazing world of Spider-Man.

Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel's Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

Marvel and Sony Pictures are also exploring opportunities to integrate characters from the MCU into future Spider-Man films.

The new relationship follows a decade of speculation among fans about whether Spider-Man – who has always been an integral and important part of the larger Marvel Universe in the comic books – could become part of the Marvel Universe on the big screen. Spider-Man has more than 50 years of history in Marvel's world, and with this deal, fans will be able to experience Spider-Man taking his rightful place among other Super Heroes in the MCU.

Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company said: "Spider-Man is one of Marvel's great characters, beloved around the world. We're thrilled to work with Sony Pictures to bring the iconic web-slinger into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which opens up fantastic new opportunities for storytelling and franchise building."

"We always want to collaborate with the best and most successful filmmakers to grow our franchises and develop our characters. Marvel, Kevin Feige and Amy, who helped orchestrate this deal, are the perfect team to help produce the next chapter of Spider-Man," said Michael Lynton, Chairman and CEO of Sony Pictures Entertainment. "This is the right decision for the franchise, for our business, for Marvel, and for the fans."

"Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios share a love for the characters in the Spider-Man universe and have a long, successful history of working together. This new level of collaboration is the perfect way to take Peter Parker's story into the future," added Doug Belgrad, president, Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group.

"I am thrilled to team with my friends at Sony Pictures along with Amy Pascal to produce the next Spider-Man movie," said Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige. "Amy has been deeply involved in the realization on film of one of the world’s most beloved characters. Marvel's involvement will hopefully deliver the creative continuity and authenticity that fans demand from the MCU. I am equally excited for the opportunity to have Spider-Man appear in the MCU, something which both we at Marvel, and fans alike, have been looking forward to for years."

Spider-Man, embraced all over the world, is the most successful franchise in the history of Sony Pictures, with the five films having taken in more than $4 billion worldwide.

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

This is great news for fans.

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

This is pretty wild

4. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

amy pascal.... didn't she quit sony?

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

She stepped down as co-chairman of the studio but is still involved with production for at least two movie franchise at Sony, Spider-Man and the new all female Ghostbusters.

6. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

This will be interesting...

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The higher-ups at Marvel have also decided to push back several of their already announced movies by 6-9 months, to make room for Spider-Man.

Thor 3 goes from July 2017 to November2017

Black Panther goes from November 2017 to July 2018

Captain Marvel goes from July 2018 to November 2018

Inhumans goes from November 2018 to July 2019.

http://www.trailerheroes.com/2015/02/marvel-pushes-back-four-movies-in-light.html

8. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]DGbN_fIoX0o[/YOUTUBE]

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Black panther should have been released much, much earlier

Just sayin

10. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Maaaiine, by the time Black Panther comes out people will be sick to death of superhero movies, it will flop and Hollywood will say, "See, Black superheroes aren't bankable"

I got my money on Edris as Bond to turn that all around.

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Shit u might be right

Guess they'll have more reason to stick to slavery/civil rights/drug empire movies for us

12. samson1701

I got no problem with the civil rights / slavery films. It's the drug empire ones that I hate. All that good work Denzel has done and he wins best leading man for Training Day. Fuck outta hear wit that.

But, and I hate to admit to it, Empire is my new guilty pleasure. Shit is over the top dope.

I feel so ashamed.:smt009

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

It's on hulu but I just haven't had any motivation to watch it

I haven't liked Terrence Howard ever since he kicked my man larenz Tate's ass in Dead Presidents lol

You remember that scene!

14. samson1701

I've never seen that movie. Just never got around to it.

Empire is the shit, though. Taraji is the one to watch, here. She owns every scene she's in.

15. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

My sister-in-law and my brother are hooked on Empire.

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

There was a lot of "power transfers" in Dead Presidents like the scenes with Larenz Tate and Terrence Howard and Bokeem Woodbine and Chris Tucker. It was interesting to see the strong being overcame by the weak. Anthony was victimized by Cowboy and then Anthony gets his revenge on Cowboy. Cleon menaced Skip and then Skip sucker punches Cleon. It was too bad that Anthony didn't get revenge on Cutty.

17. samson1701

18. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I would rather see all the scripts and plans consolidated into a single yearly or twice yearly Marvel blockbuster tying all the characters into a single story. Like one X-Men-themed and one Avengers-themed flick per year. And tie everyone into either flick and slowly develop the storyline so that each film reveals a bit more about each character.

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

20. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[YOUTUBE]_n28ML_RK7M[/YOUTUBE]

It looks awesome, and the changes in the game are awesome too! :smt023