The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Can't wait. Stizzy can dig it.

2. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

It's been a truly nerd-o-rific day: newspaper reading at Starbucks, saw the matinee showing of Chappie (loved it), then watched some giallo movies on TV (Zombie and The Fifth Cord), and now Doctor Who. I'm in 7th Heaven.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I want to see Chappie. Is it feel good or gonna make me paranoid about the robot take over lol

4. orejon4

Has a bit in common with District 9 - bursts of ultra-violence and dystopian vision mixed with uplifting humanistic message.

5. The Dark King

Ok will check it out. Thanks for the review fam

6. orejon4

You got it, brother. Just think Robocop meets Short Circuit in Johannesburg.

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

What can robots do to us that other people haven't throughout history

This 'fear of being conquered' or being abducted by fucking space aliens shit makes me laugh

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I think the fear comes from being conquered or wipeout by something nonhuman. We've been shitting on each other as a species since forever and take it for granted because we need other humans around to continue to abuse and witness our "greatness" and believe we should always be on top of the species totem pole as well as. Same thing can't be said for any possible non human conquerors.

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Look at the film Skyline. Humanity in that film is tested and is beaten by an alien race. The Strause Brothers wanted to show a film in which humanity loses the fight.

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Where does Tom Welling come in?

12. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I've been waiting for episode 2. I was a little pissed that game of thrones got ep 2 out before this.

[YOUTUBE]Yq2GbQbUeLc[/YOUTUBE]

13. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

It was a risk on Nintendo's part, but paid off extremely well. Their strategy to make the Wii an easily accessible, family-friendly system, with a new controller mechanic paid off incredibly well, despite the software sales not matching up to par with their competitors.

Also, to play Devil's Advocate here, Nintendo is the only company that is strictly in the console business and they are about making money. Sony and Microsoft have many more billions in the bank and they also have other divisions to fall back on, in case their product fails. That is why, when they do create consoles, they often operate on a loss for a few years and still manage to generate manageable revenue as a whole. Nintendo, on the other hand, with their marketing decisions, they generally have net gains each year, generally keeping things at a low cost for hardware production, plus licensing fees which they make developers pay if they want their games on the consoles.

As of now, game development has grown much more expensive each passing generation and for developers to keep pushing graphical power over time will cause the game industry, as a whole, to implode from within. Eventually, simply adapting to new raw power won't be enough, and small developers would have to be persuaded to develop on their platforms with little fees.

But, the industry has radically changed in many ways. So, we may not see the Golden Age of Gaming anymore.

14. TheUtopian

TheUtopian Active Member

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Powers is more mature than the other super hero themed shows...but I'm not quite sold on it after seeing the first episode

16. orejon4

Sorry for being so late to ask this, but what's the deal with William Shatner not showing up to Leonard Nimoy's funeral?

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

This post is so late u must be black

18. orejon4

Chalk it up to C.P.T.

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

William shatner said his Red Cross gig was more important than nimoys funeral

I guess the insurmountable bond between Kirk and Spock was fictional after all

Kirk would move across a million stars at maximum warp to be there

20. The Dark King

coworkers doesn't equal friends unfortunately.
    Shit sometimes friends don't equal friends. It's sad