The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

What did you think of it?

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

So in other words, since you have seen it you found it a disappointment?

3. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

It did its job and to be honest, all the video trailers pretty much showed the whole movie. However, I was not disappointed with it at all. In fact, I actually liked it. Whether I think it's better than the first movie is a different post altogether. I could only tell you that, unlike the previous movies that preceded the first Avengers, the second movie didn't really have much of a connection of post-Avengers aftermath movies. However, it does open up many opportunities for characters like Black Panther to arrive in The Civil War.

And, as I guessed already, the team is growing larger.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And at the end of the day this is the only review that matters when each person sees a movie.

5. Morning Star

Pretty much. There are too many movies that receive low scores and I happen to like. I'm sure everyone else can relate.

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

First official look at Kodi Smit-McPhee as the younger Nightcrawler for the upcoming X-Men : Apocalypse.

[​IMG]

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

So does this mean that everything in X2 didn't happen?

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I would assume that all of the events of the first three X-Men movies didn't happen or rather they happened in an alternate timeline, since the timeline clearly was altered with both Cyclops and Jean Grey being alive at the end of Future Past among other things.

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

:smt006

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And the current buzz on the comic book movie rumor mill is actor Asa Butterfield is looking like the front runner to land the role Peter Parker/Spider-Man when he makes his debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Again, just rumor nothing confirmed...yet.

[​IMG]

11. Morning Star

Ben Affleck's Batman

I have to say...out of all the live action Batman actors, he looks closest to what would we'd expect from a Batman figure. And by that, Affleck looks incredible. I just hope he can deliver.

[​IMG]

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I like the overall design from what little has been shown so far, just can't figure out why costume designers still have trouble coming up with a decent comic style cowl/cape design. Rather than making the cowl one single head and neck encompassing piece with the cape tucked under the cowl, why not make a flexible cape/neck piece skull cap that goes under a head piece mask?

13. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I personally would like to see them try a 'soft' cowl for once. I never did like the hard molded look.

This may sound strange but the 60's Batman show had the most functional and comic book authentic cowl design. That version was cloth (like the comic). He could turn his head in any direction (like the comic) and it didn't require the person under the mask to wear blackout eye paint.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The major drawback for the 60's style cowl is it wouldn't work for the more grittier realistic take for Batman compared to how he was portrayed back then. I understand the reason for using the blackout eye paint under the mask due to the actual narrow eye holes in the classic cowl reducing visibility. That seems to be the weird trade off with the cowl designs. They improve the actor's visibility with the eyes but limit his neck/head mobility.

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I was VERY skeptical about ben affleck as batman, just like the rest of the internet

But after the trailer and stuff I'm looking forward to seeing him in the DCU

sometimes you just gotta wait and see

16. Morning Star

Comic book and Bat-fans in particular have a tendency to create a mythical Batman, much like politicians creating a mythical Ronald Reagan.

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

19. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I had read in G-Fan magazine(a fanzine for kaiju-eiga-Japanese monster movies), that the film Matango, a.k.a. The Attack Of The Mushroom People may have inspired Sherwood Schwartz to develop Gilligan's Island. Matango came out a year before Gilligan's Island premiered. The film had the same achetypes that were included in Gilligan's Island, but the outcome was darker.

Tina Louise left the show when the tv movies were getting sillier. She did a few movies afterward and then quit to become a reading teacher. The rest of the cast felt that she made the right decision.

Dawn Wells was always the cute one. She had more compassion than Ginger. And her eyes were a lot bigger and brighter than Ginger. She did a film called The Town That Dreaded Sundown as one of survivors of the attacks that occurred in Texarkana in 1947, that to this day, has been unsolved.

20. Morning Star

Suicide Squad cast

[​IMG]