The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with a lot of these characters, so I can't speak on the authenticity of their look.

Harley Quinn looks about what I expected (They gave her tattoos like the Joker, I see).

Will Smith looks pretty accurate (except for the race swap of course).

I'm however, not sold on the Killer Croc, he looks like a zombie from The Walking Dead.

Overall they look good.

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

A couple of close ups of Harley Quinn & Killer Croc and Deadshot with mask.

Killer Croc looks a little better in the close up with the hood up IMO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]pCVhyrgWSBY[/YOUTUBE]

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Justice League : Gods & Monsters To Be A Machinima Web Series

[​IMG]

Ahead of the July Direct To Video release of Justice League: Gods and Monsters, Machinima is releasing a prequel web series in June.

Machinima and WB Animation will release the new project from animation master Bruce Timm, which takes Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman on a much darker path. Apparently Machinima and WB think the first season of Justice League: Gods and Monsters Chronicles will be a hit as a second season has already been greenlit for 2016.

Justice League: Gods and Monsters Chronicles serves as a prequel to the direct-to-video feature that will be released on July 28, 2015.

The news of a second season should bring a sigh of relief for WB Animation fans that felt burned by the early cancellations of Green Lantern: TAS and Young Justice.

Alan Burnett penned the script for Gods and Monsters, which is directed by Sam Liu. Timm serves as executive producer, alongside Sam Register.

5. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Miss the Timmverse, badly. The last few DC animated movies have been subpar.

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Doesn't helped that they were all based on current New 52 storylines/ takes on the DC characters.

7. samson1701

Ugh, is that why? Makes sense.

Although, I heard The Court Of Owls story line was really good. I plan on picking it up.

8. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Had a great day at the comics shop this past Saturday. Just wanted to put a plug in for the new Marvel Comics Star Wars Title: Kanan - the Last Padawan. I was skeptical of Disney taking over Marvel and Lucasfilm, but the first issue is pretty solid.

Also scoped out a couple of other titles I may start reading. Surface by Image Comics (I'm on the 2nd of 4 issues, and it's pretty good so far) and God Is Dead, which I'm a bit late to the party on. And I'm still waiting for the next Lord Baltimore mini-series to start up (June).

9. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I want to actually see this. This gives me the same feeling I imagine it does for the guardians of the galaxy people. How do you manage such a large team?Obviously Will is in charge but that is a big cast. I think half of the fun will be in seeing how they manage it. The other half will be watching the movie. I only liked deadshot's suit. As most have commented on, killer croc not exactly what I expected. Still have hope on this one though.

10. archangel

Grant Voegtle is trying to show all of the cinematic sections of the last of us. One of the few games that makes me wish that I had bought a PS3. They are definitely not Clementine and Lee. Much more r rated. but same feeling though.

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

James McAvoy finally goes bald as Professor X for X-Men : Apocalypse.

[​IMG]

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I swear I meant to post this earlier

I couldn't wait for him to get rid of that hair...although no one replaces Patrick stewart

13. archangel

Forever evil was great too. The fact that the last animated movie really skipped on court of the owls really ticked me off. I mean this thing expanded through out all of the batman family. Into each comic series. It was a big thing and was given so little time. such a shame.

14. samson1701

A guy on FB posted this:

"You know... The most realistic thing about this movie is that Ultron gets created, spends 5 minutes on the internet and then decides that humanity needs to be terminated..."

...lol

15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Damn so much truth in that smh lol

16. samson1701

Just sayin' ...

[​IMG]

17. The Dark King

Oh shit so that's our purpose lol

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Hollywood has an obsession with the mystical black guy, who just seems to know EVERYTHING about morals, judgement and spirituality (ie he got SOUL)

Diggle is so dope he doesn't even need a secret identity while fighting crime!

Shit even 'platoon' had a black guy who just seemed to know everything and advised charlie sheens character, even tho the 60s were rife with racism

19. The Dark King

Well Diggle doesn't need a secret identity all blacks, look alike duh.

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

It's one of those things that makes you think...but he's with (was?) argus and they don't really wear masks like that accept for suicide squad flunkies