The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Pffffft...better that they are looking at black males and females in general to direct any of these upcoming films rather than just defaulting to white males to do it.

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Basically

I think there's black talent out there that just need the right backing

3. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Is this a great time to be a comics book fan or what?

[YOUTUBE]4MubNoWQiSc[/YOUTUBE]

5. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

That is impressive!

6. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The only issue I have is the perception that the black director is only considered when they are making a "black" movie.

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Why would Black Panther be considered a "black" movie just because the protagonist is black? I do get what you're saying however.

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Yeah I peeped that

Where's the black director for the avengers or captain white guy

There's a certain number of negroes allowed before something becomes 'black,' you know this man

If the black panther features more blacks than whites on screen.....which it probably will....you know where this is going

I never read the comics so maybe black panther takes place in mulberry or Idaho

Blade featured a black hero and everyone else in the movies were white...maybe this is how it's going to be lol

10. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Like The Walking Dead has that find a penny, lose a penny rule. Except this is with Negros.

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Sweet god when ur right, ur right

Other shows do this too, like they're afraid to upset the racial dynamic

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Normally I would be sick of superhero shows (like I would be with any fad/something overdone), but the cw is on point

Constantine got cancelled....I swear trying to make it through any episode was tough

I seen that axe coming a block away

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Unless they are planning to completely skip any extended segments taking place in Wakanda (including possible flashbacks) or whitewashing Wakanda in some way it's going to happen. Cue the protests from the Ku Klux Krackers and Neo Nuttzis......

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lmao

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Sadly the walking dead isn't the only big show that does this

I hate when blacks die because you know either that'll be the last one you see for a WHILE, or they'll just replace the token with another

Once in a while a show adds a few more black characters without killing any and ur like woot

16. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Literally geeking the fuck out. God I can't wait for this

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Funniest saddest truest shit you've ever said.

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Since Black Panther is going to make his live-action debut in Captain America: Civil War. They (Marvel) might not have his solo movie be an origin story, and thus it might not take place in his home country.

It's not without precedent, there have been several of Black Panther's comic runs that had him based in New York.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I doubt that they'll do a solo Black Panther movie without touching upon or focusing on Wakanda in some way, especially since they are clearly setting up vibranium to be the super metal for the cinematic universe due to not being able to use adamantium.

It may not be an origin story movie, but it more than likely will have some flashbacks to how he came to be ala Blade, which wasn't an origin story but did touch up on his beginnings in various ways throughout the movie.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

First Captain America : Civil War Set Photos

Obviously going back to Africa leading to intro of Black Panther by this first shot:

[​IMG]

SHIELD/HYDRA Agent Brock Rumlow in his Crossbones outfit. Could have done a far better design job with it from IMO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]