The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

3. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]jD9h09ER-y4[/YOUTUBE]

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Anyone here following Graceland on USA?

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Ohhh...they're trying to step into Bat In The Sun/Super Power Beatdown territory.

6. Shulz021

Is it any good? :smt017

7. samson1701

I'm about 2 episodes behind. I have to say, this season isn't that great to me. But, it's not so bad that I've lost interest, yet.

What about you?

As I said in another thread, Mr. Robot is really good. That's must see for me every week.

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Mr. Robot is amazing.
    Hackers are our only hope

9. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Boom, like that! Tom Cruise, the teflon actor/stuntman, makes this look easy in M:I Rogue Nation, the best action flick I've seen all summer.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]pf4IAGEp4UA[/YOUTUBE]

Legend of the Mantamaji Series

Television director Eric Dean Seaton’s first graphic novel series is a tale exploding with brilliant art, action-packed adventure, true-to-life characters, and a smart and twisting plotline.
    Published by “And… Action!” Entertainment, Legend of the Mantamaji tells the story of Elijah Alexander, a rising Assistant District Attorney in New York who learns he is the last of a race of mystical knights called the Mantamaji, who once protected mankind. When an ancient evil is resurrected, Elijah has to learn to turn his back on everything he’s worked for, accept his birthright, and learn how to use his magical warrior abilities to defeat the greatest threat the Mantamaji ever faced—without being distracted by his grief, his anger, and one terrible betrayal.
    Legend of the Mantamaji is a three-book graphic novel series whose sweeping tale of magic and mystery, heroes and villains, has a fresh look, a modern setting—and an ancient beat.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  11. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Meh. I'm totally against conveniently changing the race of a comic-book character for Movies & TV shows. Both Marvel & DC have plenty of actual Black characters from the comics that they can actually use.

The problem is actual black characters don't get promoted so they occasionally turn a more popular super hero black. It's stupid. Just give Black Panther, Cage, whoever, the same promo as your A-listers and see what happens. Casting black actors as traditionally white characters just says to the public that ACTUAL black characters are inferior. Screw that.

Some recent example that have really annoyed me, Instead of making Electro Black in ASM2 they could've used the Prowler, Tombstone, Rocket Racer, or etc.

Instead of making Perry White black in "Man of Steel" They could have just used the black reporter Ron Troupe in the movie:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[youtube]FyKWUTwSYAs[/youtube]

“The cancer’s only in my liver, lungs, prostate and brain — all things I can live without.” :p

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  13. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I see your point, but Marvel has toyed with race on multiple occasions in their various alternate universes in the pages of the comics as well.

14. samson1701

[YOUTUBE]nych2Z_f4fE[/YOUTUBE]

15. samson1701

New Wally West AKA Kid Flash

http://geektyrant.com/news/the-flash-casts-insurgent-actor-as-wally-west

[​IMG]

Today, DC Comics brings word that Warner Bros. and The CW have cast Insurgent actor Keiynan Lonsdale as Wally West in the second season of their hit series The Flash.

Wally West is Iris' nephew, and in the comics, he becomes Kid Flash after surviving an accident that's essentially the same as the one that imbued Barry Allen with his speedy powers. Eventually, Wally went on to take on the mantle of The Flash after DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths shook up their comic universe. Lonsdale has been cast as a series regular, but there's no word at this time whether we'll see him suit up immediately or if he'll inevitably don a costume farther down the line.

Flash Executive Producer Andrew Kreisberg said of the casting, “Just like when we met Grant [Gustin] for the first time, we instantly knew Keiynan embodied all the heart and courage of a hero. We are so excited to be bringing this much-beloved character onto the show.”
    I know nothing about Lonsdale's work as an actor (I haven't seen any of the Divergent movies), but the producers seem to be pretty good at casting, so we're hoping he does a great job with the role. The Flash revs back up with its second season on October 6th.

16. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Cosign. It makes absolutely no sense when there are a plethora of amazing black superheros to choose from.

17. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

IMO that show was incredible. I hope they bring Heroes back, but some of the original cast have outgrown the ensemble.

At the end it did get pretzel twisted, but you're right about the writer's strike torpedoing the show.

18. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

SUperman always looked jacked to me since the 1970s.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He never really had a normal looking body. Notice how Neil Adams drew Superman about 20# heavier than the heavyweight champ.

BUt I agree in 1980s/'90s he began to look like a pro BBer.
    [​IMG]

THe current actor playing Superman looks the way the character does in the comics IMO for the last 30 years.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I've mentioned in the past about the dearth of Black folks as the main character in video game titles.

So it's cool to see that two upcoming games are using Black characters as the "face" of the game.

Crackdown 3

[YOUTUBE]Ge3PQ2nQM4Q[/YOUTUBE]

Mafia 3

[YOUTUBE]bTnriTnBDAg[/YOUTUBE]

20. Shulz021

Last three I remember that had black male leads were True Crimes Streets of NY, GTA San Andreas and 50 Cent Bulletproof :confused: