The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

For anyone who missed noticing this little fun nugget of movie gold in Captain America : The Winter Soldier.

[​IMG]

2. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Ah didn't notice that thanks for sharing. :smt023

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

First peek of Michael Fassbender for the Assassin's Creed movie.

[​IMG]

4. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Are they going to release an unfinished version of this movie too?:p

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Mads Mikkelsen in Talks for 2nd Villain Role in Dr. Strange

[​IMG]

Article from Slashfim.com

Hannibal may be ending, as the canceled NBC show failed to secure a new home for a fourth season, but the show’s star, Mads Mikkelsen, isn’t going to disappear. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Mikkelsen was recently announced as part of the Star Wars: Rogue One cast, and now he’s in talks to play one of the villains in Marvel’s Doctor Strange. Wait, one of the villains? We know that Chiwetel Ejiofor is playing Baron Mordo, one of Strange’s classic villains, so what could the Mads Mikkelsen Doctor Strange role be?

Variety reports that the powerhouse Danish actor is “in early talks,” for the film, having been offered one of the villain roles. We don’t know what that role is, precisely.

In the film, Benedict Cumberbatch plays Stephen Strange, a brilliant neurosurgeon whose hands are mangled in a car accident. He eventually studies with the Ancient One (Tilda Swinton), tapping into his potential as a manipulator of mystic arts. Baron Mordo is another student of the Ancient One, and he and Strange end up in conflict — in comics, at least, and presumably in the film.

So who will Mikkelsen play? Could it be Dormammu, an extraordinarily powerful other-dimensional being who plays heavily into Doctor Strange stories? It seems possible, and that could result in Mikkelsen playing a character who is at least partially created with CG. It would be a shame to waste his tremendous face, however.

There are a number of other classic Doctor Strange characters who could be drawn in to this story, too. (And lets not forget that Daniel Bruhl is playing Baron Zemo in Captain America: Civil War, who has been said to be a possible threat in this movie, too.)

Whoever Mikkelsen plays in the film, we’re intrigued by the idea of the actor joining the story that has been compared to both Fantasia and Inception, with physics-defying visions of bent reality and a science-influenced conception of magic and dimensional travel. The most extreme shrinking scenes in Ant-Man are said to be a good indicator of the starting point for how Doctor Strange treats magic and other dimensions.

Marvel previously tried to get Mikkelsen to play Malekith in Thor: The Dark World, a role which eventually went to Christopher Eccleston. All things considered, I’d much rather see the actor in Doctor Strange, so this looks like a win, if it works out.

Scott Derrickson is directing Doctor Strange from a script by Jon Spaihts. Doctor Strange will open on November 4, 2016.

6. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Now, he would make a great Dr. Doom,

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Jeremy Renner's new Hawkeye costume for Captain America : Civil War.

[​IMG]

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Check this out. It's a live-action trailer for a comic book series. This would be awesome as a TV show.

[YOUTUBE]dW9EIxEqrJw[/YOUTUBE]

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I caught it and laughed. But little tributes do come around at some point in a film or show. For instance, Stargate:SG-1. Actress Amanda Tapping mentioned in one scene with Richard Dean Anderson that they had to MacGyver the stargate. Anderson was flattered by the the unexpected improvised line.

Saturday Night Live once lampooned Sean Penn and his marriage to Madonna. Lampooned Susan Lucci by taunting her with daytime Emmy award trophies.

In the film I'm Gonna Git You, Sucks, the scene where Isaac Hayes is singing Grazing In The Grass and Jim Brown becoming annoyed was classic because Jim Brown discovered the he group called The Friends Of Distinction. He was left out of the management role and couldn't enjoy the success.

In the William Castle classic horror film 13 Ghosts, Margaret Hamilton was cast as the maid of the house and the boy in the film made witch comments about her a couple of times because of her looks and the fact that she carried a broom. "Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies," she replied. Right at the end, the camera is on her feet and they are slowly lifting up from the floor. Margaret Hamilton couldn't shake the role of The Wicked Witch of the West for a long time until Maxwell House coffee.

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

This story must be told

11. Shulz021

Has some potential. :smt023

12. archangel

Just got a hold of fargo the series and all I can say his holy crap it is good. I mean I didn't expect for it to be any where near as good as the movie but holy moly was I happy to be wrong.

13. archangel

[​IMG]

crap just got real;)

now if he can manage not to get killed for all three movies.

14. Shulz021

Yeah Hollywood bs :smt042

15. archangel

I know I am holding out hope but the fact that he is fighting the main villain in the first movie and inexperienced....:smt012

16. archangel

[YOUTUBE]lfePC_WGLX4[/YOUTUBE]

for those who want to see the clip.

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I will be pissed as hell if they kill off the Jedi Brother in the first movie.

18. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Shut up and take my money already!

19. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly. Crowd fund this bad boy already

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The alleged break downs for Team Iron Man & Team Captain America for Captain America : Civil War:

[​IMG]

War Machine, Black Widow, Iron Man, Black Panther & Vision.

[​IMG]

Ant-Man, Hawkeye, Sharon Carter/Agent 13, Captain America, Falcon & Winter Soldier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]