The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Blade literally resurrected the genre and gets next to no credit for it

2. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Was Blade Rated R? :smt043 :smt043

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Ill buy that. Blade was the joint
    I believe so

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I think it was. And Blade II is probably my favorite vampire movie of all time.

5. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Micronauts Are Back!

They came from a dying universe! Acroyear, Space Glider, Biotron and their allies are back, on the run from the evil Baron Karza, and blasting through a universe where magic and science vie for control.

With resources dwindling, the long-lost time travelers may hold the key to salvation... but will it mean armageddon for our world?

Publisher: IDW
    In shops: April 27, 2016

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  6. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remember when the toys came out in 1977. They were interesting and expensive., about $5.00 per action figure. The most commonly sold were Time Traveller and Skyflier. The larger they got the more you had to pay. They were interchangeable. The Micronaughts were fun to play with at the time if you could afford them.

They had a comic book out back then. But another robot toy came out called Rom. Marvel comics immediately made a comic book for Rom and called it Rom Moon Knight.

7. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

8. Shulz021

Coincidence playing Marvel & DC Characters :smt045

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Lmao Holy shit never put that together before

10. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that the switch will be successful for Affleck as well.

Man, I loved those toys as a kid!

11. SilverSmith

[youtube]tFlluy5qsLU[/youtube]

Netflix drops Part II Of Daredevil Season 2 trailer, which will launch globally on March 18.

The drama will premiere with 13 hour-long episodes.

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Netflix Taps ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor Finn Jones For ‘Iron Fist’.

[​IMG]

Ending months of speculation about the direction Marvel might take with the martial arts super hero, sources have confirmed to Deadline that Game of Thrones actor Finn Jones (plays Loras Tyrell on the series) has been cast as the main character in Netflix’s upcoming Iron Fist series.

[​IMG]

Based on the Marvel comics character that debuted in 1974, Finn will play Daniel Rand, otherwise known as The Immortal Iron Fist, who battles villains in New York City with his mastery of Kung Fu, and the mystical Iron Fist technique that gives him enhanced healing, telepathy, along with super strength and reflexes. The television series will see Rand, described as a handsome, sophisticated loner, returning to New York City after having spent several years missing.

The show doesn’t have an official premiere date but it is widely expected to premiere sometime in 2017, ahead of the planned Defenders crossover event which will see Iron Fist joining forces with fellow Netflix Marvel characters Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage. Iron Fist has a long history with Luke Cage in Marvel Comics, with the pair frequently teamed up as the superpowered private sector do-gooders Heroes For Hire. The duo starred in their own series, Power Man And Iron Fist, from 1978-1986. Marvel recently relaunched the title in advance of the Netflix series.

Prior to the casting of Finn there was much speculation, in light of the ongoing debate over representation and diversity in Hollywood, that the character might be reimagined as Asian-American, but ultimately Marvel chose to stick to the character’s comic book roots. Introduced during the 1970s martial arts craze in popular culture, Iron Fist is a white man trained in martial arts in the hidden mystical city of K’un L’un who, naturally, turns out to be the most gifted student the city has seen. In that he’s similar to Marvel’s Doctor Strange, another caucasian character who acquired his powers in an exotic part of the far east. It’s a trope common in American fiction from the era but for obvious reasons is a bit dated today. It’ll be interesting to see what the show does with it.

13. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

The Coming of the Supermen: Neal Adams Doesn't Like The Current Man of Steel

Article

14. Shulz021

15. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

"Remember, I created the first black super hero, John Stewart, who was both college-educated and had a profession. He wasn't a gangbanger who suddenly got some power and turned into a hero. He wasn't an African tribal chief — who we can all relate to. Well, I can't. He is a college-educated professional man. That's the kind of character we want to see, and that's what every black American I've met wants to see. They don't like gangbangers, no matter what anyone says."

Haha. Shots fired. Get 'em Neal!

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

"What If Only Black People Had Superpowers?"

https://ksr-video.imgix.net/projects/2276783/video-630859-h264_high.mp4

Note: This is a Kickstarter project that was started on February 1 and reached it's goal within only a few days of announcement.

Project goal was
    $29,999

Achieved backer funds to date
    $79,749

Backer donations end and project will be funded on Mon, Feb 29 2016.

THE CREATIVE TEAM

Creator and writer of BLACK, Kwanza Osajyefo is a former digital editor at Marvel and DC Comics – best known for launching DC's Zuda imprint, which published series like the award-winning Bayou, High Moon, Night Owls, as well as Supertron, Celadore, Black Cherry Bombshells, Bottle of Awesome, and I Rule the Night.

Co-creator and designer of BLACK, Tim Smith 3 (A.K.A TS3), has been working in the comic industry for over 15 years. He created and self-published Red After the Party, and has worked on hit titles for some of the biggest publishers in the industry! To see more of TS3’s work, check out: JUNEMOON.NET.

Recipient of the 2011 Inkpot Award for Outstanding Achievement in Comic Art, Jamal Igle is the writer/artist/Creator of Molly Danger for Action Lab Entertainment. He’s pencilled everything from indie faves to Marvel, DC hits, and now BLACK. He is VP of Marketing and Publicity for Action Lab Entertainment.

Since graduating from School of Visual Arts with a BFA in Cartooning and Illustration, Khary’s been involved in TV, marketing, and comics. The cover artist for BLACK, he’s worked on everything from TMNT to The Boondocks and Hellboy, as well as designs for Brooklyn Brewery – most recently he’s worked on Robin Wars for DC. He's currently developing a new title for Marvel.

17. SilverSmith

18. Westie

Westie Member

Re. Anime, HUGE Black Lagoon fan here...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love me some Revy Two Hands, although she'd be more apt to shoot first...and never ask questions later.

19. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

still waiting for a new season along with a naruto ending

20. Shulz021

Has Black Lagoon been renewed?