The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Syfy Greenlights Superman Prequel
    May 2016
    Link

Syfy has greenlit a pilot for Krypton, the Superman prequel set on the Man of Steel’s home planet.

The series will be executive produced by David S. Goyer (Man of Steel, Batman v Sumperman, The Dark Knight trilogy), who promised a Gotham-style prequel.

Goyer co-wrote the pilot with Ian Goldberg (One Upon a Time, Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles).

The series will take place 200 years before Superman’s birth and the destruction of the planet, following Kal-El’s grandfather as he works to restore the name of the House of El and pull the planet back from disarray.

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Haha I just figured that Stark would hold back certain elements from the suit he gave the government and would keep the cutting-edge features (A.I. flight assist) for himself

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]c1JAvW2vZr0[/YOUTUBE]

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

So on point but one thing I will give DC is they do better tv and animated movies by far.
    The Flash Arrow and even Supergirl are better than Agents of Shield and Peggy Carter.

6. samson1701

Fam, have you watched Agents Of Shield lately? It's killing everything except Flash. Arrow has fallen of so bad it needs a medic alert to call 911 so it could be helped back up.

7. The Dark King

I stopped after a few episodes of season two it sucked so bad.
    Agree with Arrow it's really lost its edge. Felicity annoys me to no end.
    Flash is killing it though
    They need to do a live action show with the black green Lantern or even Dr Fate. Very interesting characters.

8. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Co-Sign :smt023

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]BC6LbbtGqTE[/YOUTUBE]

10. samson1701

I'm telling you, it's good. It's a Wheadon show so you know that shit is going to start off slow. Plant some seeds that won't make sense until later in the season. It's one of those shows that, if you can be patient, it all pays off.

John Stewart will be part of the Green Lantern reboot. The film is supposed feature him, Kyle Rainer and Hal Jordan. In my opinion, they need to stick Jordan in the background. No one, but the old headz, wants to see him. He's a dull character that they've tried to stuff down our throats twice. The movie didn't deliver and the cartoon, while excellent, didn't pull n the raitings. No one watched.

There is a whole generation of young people who grew up with John Stewart as their GL. That's who they'll turn out to see.

I'm betting Fate will show up in season 2 of Legends Of Tomorrow or Supergirl if it gets picked up for a second season.

11. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Green Lantern Corps is suppose to be a "buddy cop" movie, where Hal Jordan and John Stewart are working together. It'll loosely be based off the comics where the characters do work together on finding someone, so I will suspect some obvious themes would turn up.

"I don't need to hide my face. I let it all hang out."

However, who will play John Stewart will be a bit of a question since Tyrese Gibson is aching to play the role.

John Stewart is actually a great character and he is actually the best GL regarding building constructs. Giving his architectural background, he can create constructs down to the last bolt. Sadly they hardly ever explored that in the JL cartoon, except once.

12. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure John Stewart GL's willpower was higher than his ring's capacity.

13. The Dark King

Michael Jai White is the only real choice for Jon Stewart

14. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Chadwick Boseman since he's the go-to guy now :smt043 :smt043

15. The Dark King

NO MORE DC MARVEL CROSSOVERS lol

16. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

I'd rather him as Al Simmons/Spawn in the Spawn reboot, and let someone else portray John Stewart. There are many more actors that can pull this one off. It's a matter of being familiar with TV to movie leaps.

17. John Stewart was a beast. I wouldn't mind Tyrese playing him.

18. samson1701

Micheal Jai White isn't a good enough actor. Tyrese is too "hood." Stewart should be played by someone who exudes more gravitas and thoughtfulness than either of those two. Not sure who, though. Maybe an unknown.

Chiwate Ejifore would be great if he wasn't already in Dr. Strange.

19. The Dark King

MJW fits the look and martial arts experience so damn well and he's a pretty decent actor

20. samson1701

Stewart's character doesn't use martial arts, though. Casting him may be difficult.