The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I think it would be dope if he did.

2. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Why would he need it? He's got one of the most powerful weapons in the DCU? Cmon' mane, don't get all Zack Snyder/Micheal Bay on us. Adding all kinds of extra shit to the character. ...lol

We got Batman and Superman killing cause, well, why not. Now, we get Kung-fu Lantern. ...lol

3. The Dark King

Because the ring wouldn't do much good in close quarter combat like a gun and he's exciting to watch when he does martial arts
    I just picture him bald with a goatee and in my mind that's Jon Stewart all day kind of like Patrick Stewart as Dr. X perfectly casted
    We rarely get that. Outside of Reynolds as Deadpool and Downey as Iron Man we don't see good casting.
    It's an action movie as long as the story is compelling the acting don't matter much for the main character. Think The Matrix and The Dark Knight

4. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

About a year ago I posted who the perfect John Stewart would be but jealous bitches aka Nerdz Lounge regulars cried and cried :smt088

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remember an episode of the animated series Justice League where Flash is under the hypnotic control of Gorilla Grodd. John Stewart is trying to reach him. He says,"Sorry, kid, " and sends a wicked punch to Flash's face, knocking him out. John Stewart is a street fighter. He doesn't need to know martial arts. And with the ring and his willpower, he's just fine as he is like the others in the Green Lantern Corps.

6. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

It's controlled by willpower and the limits of the user's imagination. The ring would just create an impenetrable shield around Stewart and can double as something else, pending on how he wields it, so a ring is versatile in both close quarters and distance combat. Plus, his background is in the military, so he wouldn't really need some Hollywood martial arts to do some damage.

As for a John Stewart idea pitched, when Guillermo del Toro was penned to do Justice League: Dark, he personally chosen Common to portray the character and his personality fits quite well. Just because you just see him as one thing, doesn't mean that he's limited or typecast into that.

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Defenders and Jessica Jones Season 2 Will Be Filmed Back to Back

[​IMG]

Jessica Jones herself, Krysten Ritter, has revealed that Netflix's The Defenders will be filmed "back to back" this year against her own second solo series.

The actress even hinted that any character from the Marvel Universe could make a cameo in the next instalment of Jessica Jones. Yes - any character.

"I'm excited to see what happens next for Jessica, and the end of season one left a lot of doors open and questions unanswered," Ritter told Digital Spy.

"Kilgrave was her reason for getting up every morning. Saving people gave her purpose. I wonder how emotionally taxed she's going to be now.

"That opens a lot of doors as to who will come out and play. We all live in the same universe, so there are endless possibilities."

Imminent mini-super-series The Defenders was announced last month, and will feature an ensemble cast of Jessica, Luke Cage (Mike Colter), Daredevil (Charlie Cox) and Iron Fist (Finn Jones).

Filming hasn't yet started on either series, but…

"They'll be back-to-back. I don't know if they'll overlap a little bit," said Ritter.

"It's about to be a serious undertaking. I'm starting my physical training - lots of weight training and boxing."

As for Luke Cage's own solo outing on Netflix? It's just another cog in the Marvel wheel shrouded in secrecy, says Ritter.

"Marvel have this grand plan. Luke Cage will come out, then Iron Fist. In terms of scheduling I don't know how it will all come out and I can't even tell you if I've filmed Luke Cage.

"But I'm excited for Mike to have his own show. I know the tone of that show is going to be very different.

"We couldn't expose a lot of Luke's back story because he was getting his own show, so we explored him through Jessica's point of view.

"I think that helped give him mystery and tees up his show."

8. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Supergirl Renewed for Season 2, moves to the CW

CBS superhero drama is switching networks for sophomore season
    “Supergirl” is moving to The CW.

After weeks of rumor and speculation, the CBS-Warner Bros owned network confirmed they are picking up the DC comic book adaptation starring Melissa Benoist for a second season, after its freshman season ran on CBS.

Production on “Supergirl” will move to Vancouver, where The CW’s “Arrow,” “The Flash” and “Legends of Tomorrow” are all filmed, according to a source close to the show.

Also Read: 'Supergirl' Renewal Drama: Talks Center on Possible Jump to CW, Budget Cuts (Exclusive)

The series, from Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, revolves around Kara Zor-El (Benoist), who escaped Krypton amid its destruction years ago, and has been hiding the powers she shares with her famous cousin, Superman, since arriving on Earth. But now at age 24, she decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and become the hero she was always meant to be.

Greg Berlanti, Ali Adler, Andrew Kreisberg and Sarah Schechter are executive producers.

_______________________​

I am glad that they have continued Supergirl and see how her story weaves out, but the transition from CBS to the CW is both good and bad, in my opinion. On one hand, those who watch the CW already knows that other DC oriented shows will be there, so there will be greater opportunities for crossovers on Flash, Arrow, and possibly Legends of Tomorrow, and the fact that they are all snuggled together in one network. On the flip side, the main issue will be cost. Though licensing fees will be much cheaper, as the locations will be in Vancouver instead of Los Angeles, I do feel that they will be doing some heavy cut backs, notably less special effects. Also, the viewership will be significantly lower, so who knows how this will play into the show.

Still, I remain optimistic. The first season was good overall, despite some problems.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Michael B. Jordan Joins Marvel's Black Panther

[​IMG]

Story from The Hollywood Reporter.com.

Michael B Jordan will reteam with his Creed director Ryan Coogler for Marvel Studios’ Black Panther, inking a deal to join movie's buzzy cast, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

This would be the third time that Jordan will work with Coogler, who is helming the comic book movie as well as writing the script. The first time the duo came together was for the indie drama Fruitvale Station.

Chadwick Boseman is toplining Black Panther while Lupita Nyong’o is in negotiations to star alongside him.

It is unclear who Jordan would play but one source told THR that it could be a villain.

Marvel had no comment.

Boseman and Black Panther were introduced in Captain America: Civil War, which crossed the $700 million worldwide mark in under a week and a half.

The character, whose name is T’Challa, is the warrior king of Wakanda, Marvel’s fictional African nation that is rich in an unbreakable alloy called vibranium.

Black Panther has a Feb. 2, 2018, release date, with production set to start in early 2017.

Panther won’t be Jordan’s superhero movie debut. The actor last year starred as Johnny Storm/The Human Torch in Fox’s Marvel franchise, The Fantastic Four.

Jordan is currently developing a remake of The Thomas Crowne Affair as an acting vehicle. He will also produce the remake along with the Joe and Anthony Russo.

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Speaking of Black Panther. Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige is quoted as saying that the cast of the movie will be 90% African or African-American.

In a fair world it shouldn't matter that a big budget movie has a nearly all black cast, but realistically, does anyone think that this will affect it's potential success?

11. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Watch the critics label it a black movie :smt043 :smt043

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

No, not unless the movie itself as a whole ends up being bad.

Black Panther was one of the highlights of Civil War and seems to have been well received by movie audiences both comic & non comic fans alike from all of the feedback that I have seen on various comics/movie related sites online as well as heard on a few podcasts and in interactions offline.

13. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I hope you are right, The reason I brought it up is because, I remember reading about how "Black movies" don't do as well over seas.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I've read various pieces and heard on more than one movie related podcast that more times than not that's just the standard "Hollywood" excuse to get out of backing any films that are viewed as heavily black centric in tone or casting.

Black Panther being a Marvel superhero movie set in a fictional black kingdom may be able to avoid the trap that other black centric movies based in reality fall into based on the early excitement for the film. But again, we'll just have to wait until the movie comes out for the actual verdict on how this plays out.

15. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Wesley Snipes wanted to make a Black Panther movie back in the 90's. John Singleton was to direct. But the deal fell through because the money could not be found.

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]HbJwFE319Yk[/YOUTUBE]

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]NXW1waqRCb0[/YOUTUBE]

18. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I can't wait!

19. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Voltron! I can dig it.

20. The Dark King

Wow you forget how badly Power Rangers ripped them off lol

Now if they could do this for Thundercats I would be so happy.