The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The sword is an extreme and inspired touch and the costume looks like it was poured onto the woman who plays Wonder Woman.

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Wonder Woman has been running around with a sword since the mid-late 1980's. So much so that she looks off without one. She's been portrayed as Amazon warrior more than standard superhero in the comics more than in cartoons until very recently.

3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I personally would prefer her without the sword and sheild. I like when she is depicted as a Superman-esque archetype, who's only weapons are her body and her powers.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I think that's the very reason they decided to focus more on her being a female warrior. Superman gets the bad rep of being too much of a boy scout and since women characters already don't get the same level of exposure or respect as male characters, the last thing you want is for the grande dame of superheroes to be regarded as a female version of Superman.

5. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

And her lasso. If a man uses her lasso against her, she could lose her powers.

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Speaking of Wonder Woman here is the comic-con trailer.

Looks good to me, although i'm not clear who or what the villain is.

[YOUTUBE]Tgk_63b-Mrw[/YOUTUBE]

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Ares and Circe were rumored to the the villains, but who knows if they'll even have any actual Wonder Woman villains to start with.

Didn't know that they had already started filming for this however, considering the BVS backlash. Thought they might have held off for a bit:

[YOUTUBE]fIHH5-HVS9o[/YOUTUBE]

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Flash seems creepy, and Cyborg looks like his mother fucked a damaged Transformer. Other than that, it seems ok.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]YAbI4w95cTE[/YOUTUBE]

10. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Now I'm geeking out. That AND the Justice League trailer, but I thought they were still filming the Justice League Trailer? Because I heard Amber Heard was in it and she was just getting fitted for her costume about a month ago.

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]xGfNDFILyYU[/YOUTUBE]

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

First Warner Brothers Official Justice League Team Image

[​IMG]

13. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

A better look at Dr. Strange.

[YOUTUBE]HSzx-zryEgM[/YOUTUBE]

14. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Have to get used to not seeing Martian Manhunter in the promo pics.

15. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

I vaguely remember "Unite The Seven"

I see six people, so that leaves one more slot. Green Lantern or Shazam?

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

If they introduce a seventh member, it probably won't be in this first outing. The plan is to re-introduce Green Lantern & the entire Green Lantern Corps in a Green Lantern Corps movie in 2020. The Shazam movie is scheduled for 2019 and the only person confirmed for that is Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam.

17. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I just caught a glimpse of the trailer on SyFy Network's Comic-Con coverage. It looked pretty cool, to be honest.

18. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[youtube]/M89VLZgo1Vg[/youtube]

Godzilla Resurgence Get U.S. Release

UNimation Entertainment announced it will release TOHO’s latest Godzilla movie, Godzilla: Resurgence into U.S. theaters in late 2016.

The film will open next week in Japan on July 29.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Not feeling that Godzilla design and that's saying a lot considering I'm a big Toho Godzilla fan.

I know the Japanese are big on the whole man-in-suit tradition when it comes to Godzilla and other kaiju, but if you are going to do it then use a suit design that can stand toe to toe with or surpass any of the CGI design work that's currently in use for many movie creature FX.

20. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

To ho could learn a lesson from its competitors Daiei who released the Gamera films from the mid-90's. They used suitimation actors, miniatures and CGI where it was needed.

When Toho decided to retire Godzilla, it was because no one was interested in making any more of the films because audiences have changed. Toho didn't want to be known as a studio that made monster movies(though Toho had released films from Akira Kurosawa like 7 Samurai and Yojimbo, The Bodyguard and many others). But it was Godzilla that really put the studio on the map.

I think after the success of Warner Brothers/Legendary Pictures film, Toho made this film to remind the world, "Godzilla is ours."

Everybody has a favorite Godzilla design. Mine are the 1968, 1974 and 1984 designs along with the 1954 original, respectively. This new design by Toho doesn't quite do it for me ,either and I have only seen a picture of it in the Monsters In Motion website.

Godzilla 1984 comes out on DVD in September. Monsters In Motion said it is the uncut Japanese version without Raymond Burr and the American scenes. Not much is known if it is going to have an English language track. I am going to preorder it soon.