The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah, I remember reading it because I found it interesting due to the artist Mark Bright, having actually worked on Power Man & Iron Fist back in the 80's until the series was cancelled, so seeing a character that clearly was a play on Luke Cage (as well as other black heroes) drawn by someone who had worked on the last Power Man series drew me in.

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Storm should really have her own solo movie.
    With a BLACK Ororo.

She was one of the most powerful X-Men characters ever with a back story that's never really been fully explored on film.

3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Just like most of the other X-Men, Storm's story would be a tough sell as a solo movie IMHO, unless Marvel and Fox could work out a deal to let Black Panther play a role.

I'd like see Misty Knight from Marvel, or Vixen from DC in their own movies.

4. andreboba

I dunno.

Storm's backstory is really exotic and fascinating and even has a Casablanca angle to it.

This is one of my favorite Ororo origin stories:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Of course the Black Panther would be included in an Ororo origin movie.

If the Black Panther solo movie does big box office, I think it opens the door for a solo Storm movie.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  5. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

No way! Did this really happen!? I just fell on the floor seeing Brandon Routh's reaction.

6. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

That helmet was pretty funny looking though.

7. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

That sounded like an afterthought by the creators to give "Spartan" a costume. Heh, maybe they should just drop the Spartan name and just make him the new Steel.

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

You can jump to the 4:45 mark if you want to skip the beforehand fanboy/fangirl chatter.

[YOUTUBE]K1-oA5joVOk[/YOUTUBE]

9. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

batman telltales series gets A+ for episode 1. I am completely engaged in the storyline.

10. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Did anyone, besides me, get into Preacher on AMC?

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Attention 'Game of Thrones' Fans: George R.R. Martin Has Another TV Project In The Works.

[​IMG]

The television show "Game of Thrones" will air its final episode in 2018, and some hard-core fans of author George R.R. Martin are already in mourning.

But there's good news: A television series based on “Wild Cards," the anthology and novel series edited by Martin that launched in 1986, is in the works and could hit the small screen in the next two years.

“Wild Cards is a 23 volume series of books plus various graphic novels and games ... but most of all it is a universe,” Martin explained on his blog, “as large and diverse and exciting as the comic book universes of Marvel and DC (though somewhat grittier, and considerably more realistic and more consistent), with an enormous cast of characters both major and minor.”

“Wild Cards” is set in an alternate-history version of the United States in which an alien virus hits Manhattan in 1946 and spreads across the world.

"Of those infected, 90% died horribly, drawing the black queen," Martin writes. "9% were twisted and deformed into jokers, while a lucky 1% became blessed with extraordinary and unpredictable powers and became aces. The world was never the same."

The television series will be produced by Universal Cable Productions, which is owned by NBC Universal. The company has produced several television shows, including "Being Human," "The Magicians" and "Mr. Robot."

Melinda M. Snodgrass, Martin’s assistant editor and a book and television writer, is an executive producer of the project along with Gregory Noveck of Red, Slow Learner and SyFy Films.

"Of course, Hollywood is Hollywood, and nothing is ever certain in development," Martin wrote, "but I think I hope I cross my fingers that the Wild Cards will be coming to your home screens in the next year or two."

Martin wrote that he won't be involved in the show, as he has an exclusive development deal with HBO, the network that airs "Game of Thrones."

He also noted that he's working on another project: his long-awaited novel "The Winds of Winter," the sixth book in the "Song of Ice and Fire” series (known to television watchers as “Game of Thrones”). Martin is still working on that book, and its release date has not yet been announced.

The anthology series, like the "Song of Ice and Fire” series, is very good. Hopefully this comes about in the near future.

12. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]ytkjQvSk2VA[/YOUTUBE]

[​IMG]

13. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Liking this trailer much more than the last one. :D

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Also love that the cast reflects the neighborhood
    This is dope

15. darkcurry

Mike Colter is about to become a mega star. I could see this setting streaming records for Netflix.

16. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Try as I might, I just can't get excited about this. I'm going to watch it, of course. But, so far, I'm just not pumped about it the way I should be.

17. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Same here. I like the music sound track but a bit hard to hold on to.
    I feel like they made the trailer too much harlem or not enough on Cage. I don't recall daredevil being like that. I don't know much about Cage's enemies so that may be surprising to me.

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

What video were you two watching? That shit is tough

19. andreboba

I think the Luke Cage series could end up being a big deal.
    For most folks this will be their first introduction to the character, a Black antihero most of us have never seen on screen before.

I liked the clip BTW.

20. darkcurry

And Mahershala Ali as Cottonmouth could be one bad ass villain. He is
    an excellent actor, underrated in hollywood.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]