The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the assist, Morning Star!

2. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Always man! Seems like there's little room archetype superheroes, especially those that helped start the modern superhero genre.

3. Morning Star

qaz1

Here are two fairly unbiased videos regarding who would likely win and the explanations given. The first one debuted in 2012 and at the time, the subsequent movies with Goku getting his god-level powers have yet been made nor thought of, and the second video is when he was securing the second movie, post SSG mode...

As you can see, from the comments, there are irrational fanboys who would get all upset over the outcome, mainly because they had no idea who Superman really was.

[YOUTUBE]oyl97TG8jbA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]L0D0VGomWb4[/YOUTUBE]

4. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I actually linked to that earlier. I suck at posting videos so I don't try anymore lol.

I think that 1st video answers a lot of questions about how hard Superman had to work to become Superman. It also highlights some of the unearned gifts that Goku has.

5. Morning Star

What I've noticed is that those who tend to be very critical of Superman and, in particular, this Death Battle, many of them grew up with Dragon Ball Z and only knew Superman from the animated series, even if they just see them in passing. I recall back in 2012, like around November, a certain person on here tried to make the case that because Goku has demonstrated some level of destructive force, apparently it means he's stronger. That's like saying because I am wielding a gun, my strength increased as well. It's highly absurd.

If you can read the comments in both of the videos, people are just going to get mad based on lack of information or irrational disdain.

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

When this become about Superman vs Goku?

7. The Dark King

After watching this video I wonder why Goku didn't just transmit him and Superman to a world without a yellow Sun and just crush him

8. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

That was addressed in the first video.

9. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

It didn't. I just intended to show you that first video because there's some good info on the Superman canon.

10. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

That's at least 90% of the reason anyone ever gets mad on the internet (or in life for that matter).

11. Morning Star

"He would risk teleporting him to a blue star, which would greatly increase his powers."

Plus, Goku has no knowledge of his weaknesses, so how would he know? Furthermore, Goku is more about a fair fight and want to fight Superman at his best, so he would actually enjoy a blue star Superman anyway.

Seems like the internet is a way to withdraw some sense of civility when it comes to interaction, as it seems anyway.

12. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Bruh, have you ever read a good run of Batman comics? Bruce Wayne funds the Wayne Foundation, which in turn, funds damn near every charity program in Gotham. Orphanages, soup kitchens, you name it.

From a Wiki about Wayne Enterprises
    Put some respeck on Batman's name, son. ...lol

Also, Batman doesn't just beat up criminals just cause they're criminals. He lets a lot slide. Especially if you're kid. Hell, he caught one kid trying to steel the tires off of the batmobile. You know what he did to that kid? He took him in and he eventually became Robin.

If you commit violence, then he is violent. And, even then, only when you try to fight back. Shit, he's a lot more civil than The Punisher, Wolverine, Daredevil or even most real life cops. Dealing with them, you might not see your next breath, let alone a jail cell. Batman won't kill and he won't use violence for violence's sake. That's why Azereal, Redhood and The Huntress can't be part of "The Bat Family." They're too violent. Though, they may have redeemed themselves since The New 52. I haven't followed them after that.

Realtalk; you could have absolute economic equality and there would still be violent criminals. There are people out there who just want more and are willing to do whatever it takes to get it. Period. Especially in Gotham.

Go home, Tony. You're drunk.
    [​IMG]

13. The Dark King

Well get me some orthopedic shoes because I stand corrected

You got me there homie
    Respect.

14. The Dark King

I still don't see how a baby would be able to control its strength when having the ability to lift cars. We're talking none crushing strength as a toddler. Can you imagine a tantrum?
    Again how no one died makes no sense to me.
    Where they failed as story tellers was showing the audience the hard work. Never saw it so it don't exist. All we got was a finished product.

And I still out my money on Goku on a straight up fight
    What makes superman an all around push over to me is he never had to struggle for his strength. He just always wins by being lucky enough to be more durable and strong to begin with. And I still don't buy his fighting prowess.
    I'll take a group of Saiyans over Kryptonians any day of the week. Great fighters are forged not born.

15. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Agreed, respect. The only issue I take is that Daredevil won't kill either. He and Batman have that in common, except that DD's comes from his Catholicism.

16. Morning Star

So much misinformation in this post is just mind-boggling fanaticism and misguided disdain kid.

17. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'm always ahead of you Bruce. I build better toys than you buy. You wish you could glide while I fly. I face my critics and opponents on a daily basis. You run and hide more than the man with two faces. So before you talk shit remember where your place is.

The question is not if I can beat you but by how much. Earth to Batman get back in touch. This is mine just like every hour, when dealing with lames like you Critical thinking IS a superpower.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

20. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Yeah I think we've made our point. You'll never convince some people, especially if they've decided what they want to believe before getting the facts.

Also, we're just talking about comic book characters. It ain't exactly crucial LOL.