The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I was going off the wiki entry.They never really said that he was or wasn't. I wanted to show that he was as in seeing him in college. The gang comment is also from the wiki entry. I assume they wanted it to be as close as to the source as possible. You may be right they may have cut that. I didn't remember why he was in prison.

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

They kept the basic overall premise of how/why he went to prison intact. He was framed by Stryker for a crime he didn't commit. They don't give the details of exactly what he was accused of doing on the show. Could be something they saved to go into detail with in the future.

3. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I really want to get involved in this discussion, but I'm afraid of catching spoilers. So if anything I'm saying has been stated, my bad. I haven't read every post.

1. S.H.E.I.L.D. may not be aware of Cage just yet. I think all of this happens before Jessica Jones. How much before, I don't know. So Coulson and Co. are still up to their necks dealing with Hydra.

They've not yet came looking for DD or Jessica Jones either. I'm betting on Coulson making an appearance on the Defenders at some point.

2. Some of the changes people want to make to Luke Cage, wouldn't be Luke Cage. You'd end up turning him into a whole different character. Luke Cage, at his core, is a street level guy. Always has been. So, this is his environment. The Hood. As much as I'm not into the character, it would be wrong to change him. He has a lot of fans both black and otherwise.

3. Ra, I don't see anything wrong with black people having perfect superheroes, too. Those are the heroes I've always liked the most. Something about a hero doing the right thing, having the perfect solution, and standing morally incorruptible in defiance of all odds, gets me every time. As unrealistic as it might be, I enjoy and embrace that part of the superhero mythology and I want to see black faces behind those masks making the impossible, possible.

It's for that reason characters like Wolverine, The Punisher, and etc ... don't appeal to me. Call me corny. But, whatever.

I'm not coming back to this read until I've watched the rest of the series. Just so ya'll know I'm not ducking anyone. Just don't want to see any spoilers.

4. samson1701

Cargo. A great Zombie film.

[YOUTUBE]gryenlQKTbE[/YOUTUBE]

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Where did I say there was anything wrong with having and wanting "perfect" superheroes as a black person? My comment regarding "Impossible White Man Superheroes" was made due to the fact that the majority of self identified nerds on this forum from my POV don't like or support any of the existing black superheroes that currently exist because they don't fall into the "Impossible White Man Hero" formula.

Case in point : Black Panther. Prior to Captain America : Civil War coming out there were various individuals bemoaning the fact that he wasn't what they viewed as a "top tier" character, how he wasn't "American" black thus not relatable, had no cool powers and a whole other laundry lists of gripes and complaints about the character. Cut to after the movie hit and now everyone is a Black Panther fan. Same thing is now going on with Luke Cage, but seemingly in reverse with some people as if no one was aware of any of his street level hero history ala Daredevil and Jessica Jones. That's all I'm pointing out.

6. samson1701

You know what? You're right. I fall into that category. Had little use for BP. Now, that I've seen him in action, I'm all in. No shame in my game.

With that said, I'd still rather an American hero. But, as long as he's done well, I'll take him, and to a lesser extent, Luke Cage.

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

SPOILER ALERT

Yeah I just got done watching it before the game last night. Some good parts, some bad. They missed a perfect opportunity for Misty to have that Bionic arm and I don't understand why they didn't give Shades his abilities, with how cool they made that character Him vs Luke would've been epic. Also even though I kind of knew they wouldn't I would've loved a Jessica Jones appearance or at least better recognition being as though they do become lovers, but more importantly we won't be seeing her again until The Defenders come out next year. That would be two years since Jessica Jones was last seen or heard. IMO If they are going to be in a relationship then should've went with her appearing on his show as well to build it. It looks as though they are going to build it on The Defenders?

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

SPOILER ALERT

Those who are disappointed that they didn't do the full on Misty gets the bionic arm treatment do realize that they have pretty much set up and introduced the concept of her having the equivalent of a "bionic fist" in order to maintain the grounded & realistic tone they are trying to maintain with the Netflix shows, right?

9. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Would've been kind of neat to see Misty rocking a bionic arm.

10. archangel

A bionic arm is realistic in a world of men being almost bullet proof with super strength. I mean look at what they did for diamondback. That's not so grounded as just an arm. It also doesn't cost that much. You could literally say the arm is bionic but so realistic that you can't tell. This way no need for special effects.

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah. Look at what they did for Diamondback. Primarily the glove he was using prior to him putting on a full costume.

How much you wanna bet we find out the next time Misty appears she has actually suffered some nerve damage to her right hand that effects her ability to use it properly. Rather than do the full arm, she uses something similar to that glove to compensate for the nerve damage, which also gives her extra strength in that hand. Same result, just not as flashy and still retains the over all grounded feel.

But I digress. I forgot some ya'll gotta have ALL the bells & whispers straight from the comics or it just ain't a legit comic adaptation......

12. archangel

Keep in mind my suggestion was even less flashy than the glove. Her arm being so realistic that you can't tell the difference. I'm willing to let go of the bells and whispers for some people. She isn't a main player but it is ok. I am expecting for them to go there in season 2. We will see.

and yes I am that guy that wants to see the wolverine suit on no matter how stupid it is. I don't feel bad about it.

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

You do know that they just revealed she's going to be in the Defenders? Probably how and where she and Colleen Wing, since she will be in Iron Fist, will officially meet to set up for them becoming the Daughters of the Dragon.

14. archangel

No, I didn't know. I didn't think they were going to place her on the team.
    I've been reading that this is around a year away so it is on the back burner and the zombie fest is on the front.

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I don't think she will officially be on the team, but more of a featured character who plays a part in the overall story that will be taking place.

16. archangel

To me, that is not a main player but it is what it is.

17. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

It's hard to turn off anything with Milla in a key role. My primary beef is that city name...come on... Raccoon City?

18. samson1701

You know what is really stunning when it comes to Marvel movies and TV? They are basically killing the game with only their B and C level characters. Their most popular properties were all licensed out to other film companies. Think about it.

Maybe, with the exception of Captain America, most general audiences weren't very aware of the heroes they've brought to life. To take over and redefine the game like with your B squad is most impressive.

19. Shulz021

Marvel's Iron Fist Teaser Trailer

[YOUTUBE]sJMuY8xQKlo[/YOUTUBE]

20. Shulz021

Marvel's The Defenders Teaser Trailer

[YOUTUBE]wBZtM8q2Z1g[/YOUTUBE]