The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I didn't care for Olicity last season

2. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

I started watching Arrow when The Flash debuted, so my knowledge is pretty much basic, but I didn't really care much for the pair anyway. Felicity did get a lot of positive reception, hence why she remains part of Team Arrow, otherwise, she would have not made it past the season she started.

3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

If some folks are perturbed by the IR relationship between Luke and Jessica, They might feel better knowing that there is more than one IR family in the Marvel Universe. ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

^They'd just ignore that since it doesn't fit the agenda.

5. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Basically that black female entitlement made them get angry about Mike Colter's white wife, but they said nothing about Alfre Woodard's white husband.

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Was thinking the same thing

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]_72ueJONgJ8[/YOUTUBE]

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I had once read that when he died, he had a smile on his face.

I also remembered seeing a special on E! about the Our Gang cast back in the 90's. Tommy Bond who played Butch once hosted a show back in 1989(Bond played Jimmy Olsen in the first Superman serials made at Columbia Pictures).

Spanky McFarland was a car dealer in Georgia and tried to sue a restaurant for using a caricature of him.

AMC had a program hosted by actor Frankie Muniz where he shares trivia about the film series. I was surprised to learn that the actor who played Farina was, at the time, the highest paid of all of them.

I had seen Stymie Beard in a couple of blaxploitation films like Truck Turner with Isaac Hayes and maybe Three The Hard Way as Jim Brown's valet and maybe Good Times.

Thanks for posting.

10. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

They should've just casted him as Val-Zod instead of Jimmy Olsen.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  11. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

So Luke & Jessica live together in Harlem in the comics? These reactions from the audience are gonna be SO GOOD when they play out on the Netflix TV shows.

EDIT:
    I knew that Misty was Iron Fist's long-term love interest in the comics, but I didn't know they had a kid together. Are they married too?

12. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

That really doesn't bother me. As long as we get good solid stories, and Jimmy isn't the baffoonish side kick, I'm okay with the deviations.

Again, I look at them as Elsworld stories. So, in that light, they totally work.

13. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

They are indeed married, but with all the reboots and relauches that happen in comics these days, it's hard to know what is considered canon anymore.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

They aren't married in the current take of the Marvel Universe. In fact they now have Misty dating Sam Wilson.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Nice! Even-though, I still don't like his costume.

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The constant re-shuffling of canon is why I don't follow comics anymore.

17. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

I'd rather them reshuffle than reuse the same tried relationships over and over again. How many times do we have to see a Scott Summers and Jean Grey love story, or Peter Parker and Mary Jane. Gets old.

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

That and the constant over use of killing off of characters only to bring them back within a year's time span. Every major Marvel or DC character has died at least once over the last decade and been brought back.

Use to be a time when they killed off characters that they stayed dead and if they resurrected their name/identity, whether it was a hero or a villain, it was a whole new character done in a totally different way from the original character who held the name/identity.

19. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

It's purely about business not art these days

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Well their business model sucks because they aren't bringing in new/younger readers in order to account for the countless reboots and status quo changes that they do. The fan base they cater to are adults who have been reading comics for the last 30-40 years who get pissed off about any of the changes that Marvel and DC do, especially when it comes to any kind of diversity in the superhero universes.