The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Aquaman To Swim Into Theaters October 2018
    Dec 3, 2016
    Article

Aquaman finally has a release date. The Warner Bros superhero pic starring Jason Momoa and directed by James Wan will hit theaters October 5, 2018 in both 3D and Imax.

Aquaman made his cinematic debut earlier this year via a short cameo in Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice.

The character will next be seen in a major role in the Zack Snyder-directed follow up Justice League, which sees the major heroes of the DC Universe united to face off against DC Villain Steppenwolf.

The Aquaman stand-alone film stars Jason Momoa as Aquaman — aka Arthur Curry, king of Atlantis — alongside Amber Heard as Mera, Queen of Atlantis in the comics and likely to fill the same role here.

2. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Anybody watch the four (really three) night crossover on The CW? I thought it was fun, but not really great. Well worth watching, though.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

It was okay. Would have been a bit better had they actually incorporated Supergirl and her entire National City alien status quo into Earth 1 rather than continue to have them live on an alternate Earth.

They're still playing a little too safe and scripted with all the CW superhero shows IMO. A whole lot of world building and story potential that they aren't tapping into with the characters.

4. samson1701

Yeah, that would've been nice. But, I wasn't looking for them to do that because the show runners said they were keeping the universes separate. Would've been cool, though.

The story they told was good. It just wasn't executed as well as it should have been.

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

That's because they can't expand and move story points forwards for individual shows in the same way they can in actual comics. The only one that got any momentum at all is Flash.

That's the main reason I wish Supergirl was part of their universe because the invasion would have had some impact or rather after effects due to the Cadmus storyline that was playing out but seemed to conveniently get wrapped up just prior to Supergirl getting thrown into the crossover.

6. samson1701

Yeah, that's actually how I thought they'd beat the Denominators in the end. Using that virus. It would have made sense and "closed the loop."

SPOILERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, that may still happen. I've read the Dominators will be back later this season on Supergirl. That virus is too good of a plot device to not be used again.

All in all, I think the crossover came off like a live action Superfriends episode when it could've been a Justice League Unlimited. Again, I did like it, but it should've been sooooo much better.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  7. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

I was excited for the crossover but after it all it left me a bit disappointed. I liked it but it had so much more potential. The Supergirl episode felt like it was just lazily thrown into the mix like they had to get her in somehow let just through Barry in Cisco in her universe to go get her. The Flash and Legends episodes were the best episodes.

I am thinking that the dominators will be back on Supergirl that device that Cisco gave Kara wasnt just for show I have a feeling it is gonna be used.

I did LOL at the Brandon Routh line at the end of the Legends episode where he said Kara kinda looked liked his cousin.

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Lol only fans got that joke

I was pissed at the Earth's Mightiest Heroes
    Gtfoh with that

9. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

New trailer dropped for FX's "Legion":

Series Premieres February 8th.

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Luke Cage officially renewed for a second season on Netflix.

https://twitter.com/LukeCage/status/805484666241236992

Viewers of Luke Cage will recognize the Pop's Barber Shop storefront, restored from the shot-up condition it was in at the end of the season. The usage of this to promote a second season seems to indicate that Luke Cage (played by Mike Colter) and Bobby Fish (Ron Cephas Jones) did indeed restore the shop.

With this second season renewal, Luke Cage joins a busy line-up of upcoming shows for Marvel Television: 2017's Iron Fist, The Punisher, and Defenders, as well as the unscheduled third season of Daredevil and second of Jessica Jones. Over on ABC, Marvel TV has Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., the upcoming Inhumans, Damage Control, and the John Ridley-fronted project. Outside of that, they also have Cloak & Dagger (Freeform), Runaways (Hulu), and a third untitled comedy project with ABC Studios.

No release date or production schedule for Luke Cage has been given; Colter is currently filming Defenders.

Latest Defenders set photos featuring Luke Cage, Danny Rand and Colleen Wing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. samson1701

I plan on checking this out. But, I'm kind of over the whole X-men property. To me, they never really did them right. The closest they came to making an actual X-Men movie was First Class.

Everything else has been the Wolverine Show guest starring the X-Men. Plus, they never put him in his iconic uniform. The whole thing has just been blah. Even Deadpool was overrated to me. But, they did get the character right though. So, if you loved the comic, they did right by you.

So far, Legion looks like a more stylized version of Heroes. Given the people behind the camera, it should have solid stories, though. We'll see Feb 8th.

12. samson1701

Brutal. Terrible acting, though. Still a lot of fun.

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Full trailer is supposedly going to be shown tonight on Jimmy Kimmel......

14. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

feels like miles morales' story more than parker.

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

16. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Still getting used to the idea that Peter Parker is liking BW. lol

17. archangel

[​IMG]

They should have brought toby back let that spiderman die and bring in miles. Peter's best friend is not hobgoblin... It is harry. Harry does not look like ganke

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

If they were going to do Miles they wouldn't need to bring in Peter Parker at all being that this Spider-Man exist in the MCU with the other Marvel Studios heroes. They could have done Miles Morales straight out the gate as the official MCU Spider-Man.

Clearly they are trying to have the best of both worlds by adding elements from the Miles Morales version Spider-Man along with Peter Parker elements. Nevermind the fact they can actually introduce Miles at a later date depended on how well this Spider-Man incarnation does.

19. archangel

meh sounds more like a cash issue. Spidey is not strictly Marvel's but Miles is. I don't know how you can bring Miles in having done so close of a story line to him but w/e. I mean the friend looks like ganke and they took scenes from the comic book.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The Quicksilver Factor. Both Marvel and Fox did a Quicksilver at the same time,but different takes on him. If Marvel wanted to intro Spider-Man into the MCU while letting Sony retain the rights to Spider-Man, Miles could have been Marvel Studios Spider-Man and Peter Parker Sony's since they own the right's to the Peter Parker version.