The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I didn't even know Blade was marvel. Blade 2 was a great movie.

2. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

You didn't grow up with comics did you?

Blade 2 was the shit! The fight choreography and the vampire design was out cold. Deltoro is still using variations on that vampire design to this day.

In other news:
    [​IMG]

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I grew up reading spiderman, daredevil, fantastic four, X-Men, Hulk, and the Avengers. That's about it. I remember Iron Man but didn't get into him. I didn't even read a lot of Batman. I liked the superman movies but would never read about him.

I barely remember any other characters.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I vaguely remember green lantern and don't remember the green hornet at all. He'll I don't even remember Dr strange. Yeah I'm a guest in this lounge not a member.....lol

5. samson1701

Bruh, I was that comic nerd every body beat up on in school. I think I read comics from kindergarten until my mid 20's with a short brake in my teens cause ... girls. ...lol Still have my collection. Still pick up a graphic novel here and there. But, I'm seriously out of the loop on what's going on in comics these days. Would eventually like to get back into reading them. Just don't have the time or disposable income right now.

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lol!! I appreciate you guys because I didn't grow up around nerds. I was too extroverted. I always had the curious imaginative bug that you guys have but my focus was based on the world around me. I would do stuff like invent games for me and my friends. I was very social and got into girls and mischief early on. I was one of those dudes that was known at every school in the county.....lol.

Now I appeciate the low risk interests I once had as a kid. I honestly didn't know that you guys really exist in big numbers. Well maybe I did and just didn't realize you all were cool and highly functional....lol.

8. samson1701

That's the thing, though. I was always extroverted. But, the other kids just didn't like me. I talked very proper and had zero interest in sports. So, the black kids didn't like me. But, I was also pro black and very outspoken so the white kids (nor their parents) weren't feeling me either. Plus, my parents were old and they dressed me old. That didn't help. ...lol

Two things that got me past all of that was I developed an interest in music and girls thought I looked like Michael Jackson. He had just dropped the Billie Jean video. Wasn't a huge fan, then. But, I went with it cause ... well ... I was 13 and ... girls! ...lol

Looking back. I wouldn't have it any other way, though. My nerd friends from back then are still my friends to this day.

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Don't you dare talk about Bane homie lol

And yeah Blade did set a standard. My first real glimpse a black superhero (fuck meteor man)

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Hahaha! Told you Mike was the man. He got you laid. Not Prince....lol

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The voice cast to the all-new Ducktales cartoon sings the theme song

Ducktales was the only cartoon my brothers and sisters could agree to watch together back in the day.

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Meant to put this up yesterday since it was his birthday, but got busy with other stuff.

Happy Birthday! Stan Lee Turns 94

Text from Comicbook.com

[​IMG]

Comic book fiends, it’s time we saluted Stan Lee. Today, the geek icon and writer celebrates his 94th birthday.

Born Stanley Martin Leiber, the boy was raised in New York City by his parents Celia and Jack in 1922. As a child, Lee discovered his love of stories and movies. When Lee was a teenager, he would spend his free-time writing and doing part-time work creating press releases or obituaries.

After Lee graduated, the budding writer began working as an assistant at Timely Comics, a pulp magazine and comic book division of the Martin Goodman’s company. At first, Lee’s job consisted of standard office work, but he slowly began to take on more work. The creator went from writing filler content to actual comics. Barring Lee’s time in the military, the writer spent his time creating at Timely Comics before a new era was ushered in during the 1960s.

On the heels of DC Comics, Lee began to explore the budding superhero archetype and looked for ways to make them readable. To do this, he teamed up with artist Jack Kirby to create a team of heroes known as the Fantastic Four. The group was a hit from publication, and the duo went on to create now-iconic characters like Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, and the X-Men. Lee also helped create heroes like Doctor Strange and Daredevil with other co-collaborators. And, of course, Lee was instrumental in bringing these all-powerful superheroes into one team we know as the Avengers.

Over the years, Lee has become the de facto representatives for comics worldwide. Though he is primarily associated with Marvel Comics, Lee’s influence extends beyond the pop culture juggernaut. Even in his later years, Lee still acts as the face of Marvel Comics and encourages aspiring creators to pursue their comic book dreams. While Lee may be slowing down his convention appearances after this year closes, Lee’s legacy as a bonafide comic book icon will endure for years to come.

Let’s all wish Stan Lee a very happy birthday today. Excelsior!

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

16. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

only 15 days til voltron... Season 1 was good!

17. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Injustice2 will be released on May 16, 2017.

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

19. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Disney XD has released the first teaser for the next Spider-Man animated series.

20. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Here's hoping it appeals to us older nerds, because the last 3-4 Marvel animated series have been very child oriented.